Team-BHP - Price Validation for a secondhand MPFi Gypsy!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Price Validation for a secondhand MPFi Gypsy! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/67868-price-validation-secondhand-mpfi-gypsy-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladak.imran (Post 1542749)
The vehicle comes with 5 Maxxis Mudzillas (235's), and stock steel wheels (he's removing the alloys before selling).

I am sure you are quite very much serious about this deal. Maxxis Mudzillas are good off road tyres and you will enjoy them. Regarding alloys, pls do not let him remove those in the deal (until you really do not like them). Also perhaps needless to say, you must check the 4x4 is in proper working condition.

All the very best.

I would reckon the price is fine. I bought my own MG413W 2004 model with 35,000 km on the odometer for 3.5 Lakh 2 months ago.

Shahid

if its Asif's Gypsy then thats the lead gypsy in the Mumbai offroading gang. One of the few gypsy's to make it to teh top of the famous hill climb at Rajmachi every sunday.

However If you do procure it with the mudzillas you will have to modify the suspension to accomodate the 31 inchers ie go for a spoa, else you wont have articulation and near zero vertical travel making your ride very hard.

@Krishna!
I was meaning to get in touch with you - I really like how your Gypsy turned out!

If I do get this particular gypsy, I'm going to use it as it is, for quite a while. The only thing I plan on changing soon, are the front seats. Other than that I'm totally happy with the vehicle, as is.
As far as i know, there is no mechanical work to be done on the car (my mech checked it out, and said its in very good shape).

Thanks for your input!

@Ramsagar,
The gypsy is 3.60, with the maxxis tyres - I'll try n get the alloys too, although I don't like them ALL THAT much. I was thinking of picking up a decent set of second hand alloys later on...
About the re-registration - how much does it cost?
I spoke to a couple of cops today, and they were of the opinion that transfer would cost 22,000 for this vehicle. (the cops also told me, if the paper work is in order, it wont be necessary for me to register/transfer the vehicle for a good 8 months after purchase).

What is the difference between re-reg, and transfer?
Sorry, but im a little new to all this!
Thanks man...

@DesertKing
Hi, I've checked the 4x4, and its working fine..
About the alloys - I'll try n convince him to leave them for me - I guess something is better than nothing! (I don;t like the current alloys too much, but i guess til the time i find something better, i can use these, right..)
Thanks for your good wishes!

@Shahid
Hello,
Thats a little reassuring - knowing that you;ve paid more or less the same price for a similar vehicle. Thank you sir!

@Satan
I do want to get an SPoA set up done - but Im afraid I don't know much about it. Any idea how much it would cost me, and how teh workmanship would be, in Bombay? (Also, where I could get it done, obviously!)
Thank you!

can you have some images of the vehicle in question.

Is it the gypsy in this post from the classifieds section?

Team-BHP Classifieds - 2005,December Gypsy King MPFI - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

There is a striking similarity between the description of the two. Even the pics in the post seem to be from Rajamachi but I might be wrong on that.

If it is the same one then SirAlec there are a few pics in the post of the Gypsy.

Yes ! Thats the gypsy - but its been converted to a softtop already...

Thanks BJB.. I'd seen this classified ad a while ago, but it didnt strike me, that it was the same gypsy!

the Gypsy looks quite good in images. and considering the fact that its run 20k kms (if its true) its still a baby.

But you have to drive it and see it in person before buying, right!

also get a good mechanic to check the underbody, accidental history, and all the mechanicals, especially the 4x4 system.

SirAlec,
Thanks for your time - I've driven the vehicle, and to be honest, it wasn't love at first rev, but after a couple of days, I really started missing it!
I just hope Im not over-glorifying or romanticising the vehicle, simply because its a gypsy.
To ensure that it is as good as i think itis, im going to take another drive, before finalising.

I've shown the car to my mechanic for the mechanicals and accident history and such - he says, in his words, 'the car is perfect, it won't give you any problems for a long time.'

That kinda put me at ease - also, everything that i've been told about the gypsy has checked out so far - no accidents, great condition, registration, etc etc.

So i don't think there's any harm in taking the sellers word, when he says its 27k kms..

Thats the conclusion i've come to..

Man, i just can't stop thinking about her now!
The weathers decent tonight - how i wish i could just take her out!!

check the steering box's condition before you pick it up.
those maxxis for a daily drive? you can save time you spend on gym.:D
Bargain and get the alloys for sure

:thumbs up

@Mex,
Arey, they're not heavy to steer at all! Atleast I didnt think so!

Maybe its because the hard rubber compound doesnt grip the road that much, and also, the surface area of the tyre which is in contact with the road, isnt too much, as compared to regular road tyres... but then again, what do i know?!!! Lol.

My main concern (with regard to these tyres), is that I don't want to wear them out too quickly, driving on road. I'll save them for OTR's (after i get enough dough to buy the michelins)!....

I'll check out the steering box before purchase. Thanks for the tip!

Hi Guys
Most of you must be familiar with me!!! :D I was bitten with the off-road bug a year back and now it refuses to go away!!!

Anyways I was chatting with a friend of mine a couple of weeks back, who just returned from Raid de Himalayas!!! We began talking and before I knew I was dreaming myself doing raid de himalayas and desert storm rallies in my own jeep-cee or gypsys!!!

Actually I always fancied a gypsy as this was the 1st vehicle i got when I was in college !!! I sold the vehicle in 2001 to an acquaintance!!!:Frustrati

Now the best part is that this friend still has it though he is not driving it anymore and the vehicle is parked for the past year or so. I callled him today to get a feeler whether he's interested to sell the vehicle, but he's not ready to commit a price and is after me to make him an offer!!! So I have tried to tabulate a list of positives and negatives for the vehicle and will really like to help of fellow members to help me in deciding about this!!!!

Positives
  1. The vehicle is still in my name
  2. Already registered in (NCR) Faridabad
  3. I had used it for 60k kms and he must have used it for another 50-60k kms
  4. The vehicle has not been abused like Army disposals
  5. 100% onroad usage. No off-road usage at all
  6. I can straightaway go for the engine transplant MG413 or MG416
  7. Non accidental. Minor touchup's here and there does not really matter!!!
Negatives
  1. Is an MG410 with a 4 speed gearbox
  2. The guys who the vehicle is with does not maintain the vehicle very well
  3. I will have to change the engine and the gearbox
  4. Price No IDEA!!!
I am not sure what price to quote him and nothing comes to my mind. The vehicles in mayapuri are MG413's Carb and go for about 90-95k and that too without registration!!!
Regarding the rusting and all too nothing can be surely said about either the Army disposals nor this vehicle in question. So this fact is neutral.

So what price do you guys think is a good offer!!!

Harjeev, awesome man! There you go again :) nice!

What year model is the gypsy?

Also I think if you can get some pics of the Gypsy it might help the evaluation process.

MG410 or MG410W?
MG410 was stopped in 1993 and wider track was introduced then.
and which year?

Sorry buddy

Its a MG410W (wide track)
& a 1997 November model registered in Faridabad!!!

Pictures won't be that wasy as I am meeting him tomorrow, So just want a baisc idea, you know +/- 5k up or down I will understand!!! I dont even mind paying 4-5k higher as that will save me the registration transfer charge!!!

Abused army disposal Carb MG413's are going around in mayapuri for 90k +/- 5k and about 6 months back 3 guys picked up a lot of 3 army gyspys for 2.10 L (I think) + Registration + Transportation + Overhaul!!!

If I buy this what this will give me is a very good base or one can say a blank canvas to start my work on. Paint and Rust is not that big an issue (but if its there I can use that as a bargain tool) as I will in any case get it completely repainted and refurbished in any case!!!

The problem is that I have no idea about Gypsys, Nothing atall!!! :Frustrati