Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 10:13   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Congrats Arjun, your jeep is surely a head turner and you should be real proud to drive in it. I Like the wheels so much.

Do you plan to take it to your college.

@Allan, superb job done.

Should also congratulate you guys for the excellent co-ordination from start until delivery of the car being at different locations.
Thanks ikoneer. The road presence is amazing, surely turns many many heads.Take it to college ? sure will.
Co-ordination with Allan was just amazing , used to keep me informed all the time with even the most negligible details.
Dying to take her off-roading on the 13th though I dont know much about off-roading as this will be my first time.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:39   #272
Senior - BHPian

A job very well done and a sure headturner!
But why did you make it a clone of the earlier Jeep? A different colour at least would have made a hell of a difference.
Regards,
Old 8th December 2009, 10:44   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
A job very well done and a sure headturner!
But why did you make it a clone of the earlier Jeep? A different colour at least would have made a hell of a difference.
Regards,
Its actually a very different color , the difference will be shown under sunlight .Its a more metallic finish.
The main reason being i wanted a different shade of orange.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:18   #274
BHPian

Hi Arjun,

Just want to know about the Engine sound..! How is it? too noicy or just like a normal 550's XD3P engine?

Sali
Old 9th December 2009, 18:43   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi Arjun,

Just want to know about the Engine sound..! How is it? too noicy or just like a normal 550's XD3P engine?

Sali
Hi Sali,

The engine is definitely not the XD3P one. This monster definitely has a stronger heart. Check the previous posts regarding that.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:06   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi Arjun,

Sali
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Hi Sali,

The engine is definitely not the XD3P one. This monster definitely has a stronger heart. Check the previous posts regarding that.
It sure has a Bigger heart , a toyota 14b turbo engine. I personally love the sound . It sounds really angry .
Old 11th December 2009, 23:24   #277
Senior - BHPian

Please post the price breakup. I've already PMed you couple of times.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:40   #278
Senior - BHPian

Arjun,
How about posting a video of the engine roaring
Old 12th December 2009, 06:51   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Arjun,
How about posting a video of the engine roaring
Sure why not ? Will come out with a video soon. Maybe someone could do it for me in the OTR.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:13   #280
BHPian

Excellent.

Hi Arjun. Have followed your thread closely and must mention that your jeep has turned out very well. BUT, you could have added just that wee bit of YOUR OWN detailing to differentiate it from Allen's vehicle.
Just curious, how much of a hole did it burn on your pocket ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Its actually a very different color , the difference will be shown under sunlight .Its a more metallic finish.
The main reason being i wanted a different shade of orange.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:35   #281
Senior - BHPian

Fanta

Hi Guys,

Arjun is a very good sport joined us for the OTR on Sunday, with On-Call Support from Mumbai. He drove the JEEP remarkably well for a newbie and gave us an chance to drive her too.

My Impressions.

1) Engine - Toyota 14B Turbo-Charged, generated enough torque in 3rd Low on a climb to churn the wheels. Getting the 14B Turbo-Charged and mated to the KMT-90, was a coup, It was kick-***.

2) The Fit and Finish is very high, some practical aspects needs to be looked into.
i) Roll-Cage for the Driver/Co-Pax
ii) A few frames for the Soft-Top.

3) SPOA - We had doubts about the axle strength and the lack of a Traction-Bar, and those still remain. Under acceleration the Diff-Pinion pitches, only a bit, but that is enough to wreak havoc considering the torque generated and multiplied by the Gearing.

I prefer a SUA Setup, with Wider Axles (57'/54" NGCS or 58"/58" FC Van).
This will improve the reliability and there will be more power at the wheels.

If SPOA, then Wider Axles (57'/54" FFRA NGCS or 58"/58" FFRA FC Van) with Traction-Bar.

The steeper drive line angle also caused the T-Case to slip out a few times, but its not a problem. (The Drive Line angles are quite different between the Front & Rear Diff, as a result the Front tends to slow down while it should be slightly faster, causing a Transmission Wind up).

While off-road we had a problem with the Power-Steering, but even without power assist, the JEEP was very manageable.

There were a few niggling Air-Filter & Electrical issues, but thats what JEEPs are about and that is what a few hours on The Palar River Bed brings out.

I would sincerely thank Allan & Arjun for showing us an alternate route to re-powering JEEPS .

What amazed me was the quality of the build especially the Engine and Gear Box work.

Regards,

Arka
Old 14th December 2009, 13:57   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
What amazed me was the quality of the build especially the Engine and Gear Box work.
Coming from Arka, that means "Terrific job". Congrats Arjun.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:07   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....If SPOA, ...with Traction-Bar.
Agreed...
Arjun -Remember in a few PM's I had asked how is Allan going to tackle this fabrication... I still understand this is a critical aspect to improve reliability of a SPOA setup to avoid Axle Wraps.

Quote:
....What amazed me was the quality of the build especially the Engine and Gear Box work....

Wow- From a guru himself... Credit goes to Allan for such a high quality of workmanship.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:29   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Arjun is a very good sport joined us for the OTR on Sunday, with On-Call Support from Mumbai. He drove the JEEP remarkably well for a newbie and gave us an chance to drive her too.

My Impressions.

1) Engine - Toyota 14B Turbo-Charged, generated enough torque in 3rd Low on a climb to churn the wheels. Getting the 14B Turbo-Charged and mated to the KMT-90, was a coup, It was kick-***.

2) The Fit and Finish is very high, some practical aspects needs to be looked into.

3) SPOA - We had doubts about the axle strength and the lack of a Traction-Bar, and those still remain. Under acceleration the Diff-Pinion pitches, only a bit, but that is enough to wreak havoc considering the torque generated and multiplied by the Gearing.

If SPOA, then Wider Axles (57'/54" FFRA NGCS or 58"/58" FFRA FC Van) with Traction-Bar.

The steeper drive line angle also caused the T-Case to slip out a few times, but its not a problem. (The Drive Line angles are quite different between the Front & Rear Diff, as a result the Front tends to slow down while it should be slightly faster, causing a Transmission Wind up).

While off-road we had a problem with the Power-Steering, but even without power assist, the JEEP was very manageable.

There were a few niggling Air-Filter & Electrical issues, but thats what JEEPs are about and that is what a few hours on The Palar River Bed brings out.

I would sincerely thank Allan & Arjun for showing us an alternate route to re-powering JEEPS .

Regards,

Arka
I agree with him word by word! This monster had so much of power in 3rd low and we didnt have to think gearing options what we would normally in our jeeps.
I drove it first and was impressed!! For SPOA it climbed so well. Articulation is very good thanks to SPOA.

Arjun was leading me to the city and i could see slight axle wrap on tarmac as and when he accelerated.

Arjun picked up tricks quite soon off road. He sported a good atitude to learn things.

Allan, good job done man!! Now i understand your words when you said, this baby has lot of power use it with care

Awsome machinery. Now i need more power in my jeep!!
Old 14th December 2009, 15:32   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

My Impressions.

Regards,

Arka
First Of all, "THANK YOU SIR"
compliments coming from you mean the world to me and my team,

secondly, critism coming from you, is of more vital importance for me,

im just 25 and learning still, and each and every point noted by you has been taken in the proper spirit and more crucially has been taken into my notes for future projects and also for arjuns car itself.

im still learning everyday, just today happens to be one of those few days you learn a little more (thank you)

Arjuns demands were simple and clear, build me a replica of your orange vehicle, just put in a power steering, a/c and a soft top with a roll cage,
Again the roll cage design was sought of provided by arjun itself.
that said and done and i set out to make this vehicle, and tendering to other small necessities he added along the way, Also again giving my inputs wherever i tought i needed to and wherever my limited expertise demanded.
And thats basicaslly how the vehicle was built.
Experience taeches us a lot and i guess, this taught me so much more cause of the immense power and complexity involved.

humbly thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
I agree with him word by word! This monster had so much of power in 3rd low and we didnt have to think gearing options what we would normally in our jeeps.
I drove it first and was impressed!! For SPOA it climbed so well. Articulation is very good thanks to SPOA.

Arjun was leading me to the city and i could see slight axle wrap on tarmac as and when he accelerated.

Arjun picked up tricks quite soon off road. He sported a good atitude to learn things.

Allan, good job done man!! Now i understand your words when you said, this baby has lot of power use it with care

Awsome machinery. Now i need more power in my jeep!!
thank you,
and also for all the support shown to Arjun

major axle wrap was taken care of as we had turned the entire axle a bit before rewelding the leaf supports on top of it,
but as a preventive measure an axle wrap bar upon designing and completion on my orangie shall be send to arjun as well

Last edited by xtreme power : 14th December 2009 at 15:34.

Most Viewed