Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 19:30   #106
BHPian

Another great looking Jeep from the Master himself !! Congratulations Arjun !! You sure are one lucky dude !!

Allan, you have got into a habbit of outdoing yourself everytime !! Can not commend you enough for the effort and the dedication to your work !! It would be great to one day meet you and see you in action.

regards
Old 8th November 2009, 19:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Another great looking Jeep from the Master himself !! Congratulations Arjun !! You sure are one lucky dude !!

Allan, you have got into a habbit of outdoing yourself everytime !! Can not commend you enough for the effort and the dedication to your work !! It would be great to one day meet you and see you in action.

regards
Absolutely, he is totally dedicated.He is his only competition!

He should probably start a show like overhaulin !

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Allan - Question to you.

What do you do to a M&M 550 to avoid axle wrap?

More here

Are you custom fabricating a Traction bar?
Can you share the points one needs to alter to make a M&M SPOA?

Some tips maybe useful. Please don't consider this as me poking into your business secrets. Its just some expert tips from the 'man' himself.

------------
Arjun, In case you read this sooner, please ask Allan how is he addressing the Axle wrap issue I know you call him 5-6 times a day.
I spoke to allan regarding the axle wrap issue.He tried explaining to me but i didnt get it.So the 'man' himself will do a post on this issue.

Last edited by v12 : 8th November 2009 at 19:50.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

I have decided on the color and the jeep is going in for painting today.The ac piping and softtop are also being done side by side.The jeep should be done by the end of the month just when my exams get over.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:06   #109
BHPian

Can't wait to see how Allan's Soft Top comes out as I'm planning to change the stock look this winter, M just adding roll bars, new top, tires, fog lamps and a new paint job.

Note from Team-BHP Support
Please type out your post using proper English.SMS and slang language is strictly prohibited on the forum.

Last edited by bblost : 10th November 2009 at 14:25. Reason: Note added
Old 10th November 2009, 10:25   #110
AVR
BHPian

probably not too important given everything else is awesome...but how does the A/C keep up with a soft top? isn't it rendered fairly useless?
Old 10th November 2009, 13:49   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
probably not too important given everything else is awesome...but how does the A/C keep up with a soft top? isn't it rendered fairly useless?
It should keep up pretty well provided the softtop is well insulated and it does not let much air out.I'm sure Allan will do a good job on the softtop.Waiting eagerly !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Can't wait to see how Allan's Soft Top comes out as I'm planning to change the stock look this winter, M just adding roll bars, new top, tires, fog lamps and a new paint job.
Oh great that's nice to hear.But i absolutely hate soft tops in any form,I hate it even in super cars. that's why Allan is doing the roll cage and soft top in such a way that its easily removable and i can get the stock look of the vehicle when i want.

Anyways where u doing your modifications?

Note from Team BHP Support
Use multi quote instead of creating back to back posts.

Last edited by bblost : 10th November 2009 at 14:01. Reason: back 2 back posts, please use multi quote instead.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:32   #112
BHPian

@Arjun
I'm getting it done here in shillong itself , I want to make it easily foldable and unfoldable too. Its a must for shillong weather and its my daily drive. I love the way they make it in the wrangler. I might go in that style. You dont actually need to remove anything, just fold the top and the rods.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
@Arjun
I'm getting it done here in shillong itself , I want to make it easily foldable and unfoldable too. Its a must for shillong weather and its my daily drive. I love the way they make it in the wrangler. I might go in that style. You don't actually need to remove anything, just fold the top and the rods.
I thought of that too.But even when it folds it's still going to be on the jeep.I want that complete stock look of the jeep a little particular about it.
In chennai You might need the soft top for the opposite reason of yours , the heat.It rains heavy just for this one month .
Anyways all the best for your project too.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:35   #114
BHPian

Hi Arjun,

Your Jeep's coming up really well. Congrats .
Its in very capable hands, Allan is one guy who loves what he does and does the same with good taste.

Cheers to You and Allan.

Randeep
Old 11th November 2009, 15:28   #115
BHPian

Bravo Allan. Good to see Sarah going places. Look forward to more and more of your mind boggling jobs
Old 12th November 2009, 12:21   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Arjun,

Your Jeep's coming up really well. Congrats .
Its in very capable hands, Allan is one guy who loves what he does and does the same with good taste.

Cheers to You and Allan.

Randeep

Hi Randeep,

Thanks a lot. Definitely is in capable hands. The amount of involvement he has got is simply mind blowing.
Anyways was following your thread also a lot. Loved your jeep.

Regards,
Arjun
Old 12th November 2009, 16:38   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
lol..which one wud u run off with wicked wheels?
for me it will definitely be the silver/blue defender.
The first would only be the Yellow defender its one of the most beautifully done up vehicles that i have seen till date right down to every detail if you see it you will belive it. Allan you will know what i am talking about. But too bad i cant do that.
Old 12th November 2009, 19:13   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
The first would only be the Yellow defender its one of the most beautifully done up vehicles that i have seen till date right down to every detail if you see it you will belive it. Allan you will know what i am talking about. But too bad i cant do that.
Is it really even better than the blue and silver one ? And wicked wheels what is that particular detail your talking about ?

Is this the maroon and gold Defender you talking about the SWB Version or the camel trophy one(never actually seen the camel trophy one) ?
Old 12th November 2009, 21:32   #119
BHPian

@arjun, LOVE those seats.

What make?
From where?
How much?
What mods required to fit in a Bolero?

Thanks in advance,

-- Torqy
Old 12th November 2009, 22:50   #120
Senior - BHPian

Simply awsome. just amide it buddy