Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 06:13   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post

I would also like to thank 14000rpm(avinash),santosh,optimist for their help in nelamangala.
dude, chill. no big deal. actually i should've hung around the next morning too and got everything else sorted out too.

Arjun, what you really need now is a travelogue. there have been way lots of things that happened since the time the jeep was loaded on to the truck/allan reaching chennai/you guys hitting the highway/ reaching b'lore and the suspense of locating the truck. there is way too much to write about. please do that. It'll be an awesome read.
Old 1st December 2009, 06:42   #212
BHPian

@arjunrudra : Congrats. You have one awesome jeep there. I can see that Allan has redefined a Jeep with 0-80 in 4 seconds. Enjoy your beauty, take good care of her, wear your seat belts and drive safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Arjun you got a beauty here.

Allan take a bow man. Just one comment. COuld you make the roll cage sturdier and more places for the passengers to hold onto? Well this i saw in another thread where a member had gone offroading in a couple of samurais in the US.
@maddy42 : you have a very valid point there. The roll cage may be made of very strong material, but god forbid, should the jeep roll, the driver and passenger are only protected by the windshield frame. I think the roll cage design needs be a bit better providing a sturdy enclosure for the driver, in case of a roll.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 1st December 2009, 07:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @arjun on the new Jeep. Good to see your handle icon has changed to the jeep pic

-Santosh
Old 1st December 2009, 07:55   #214
BHPian

Hey Arjun, Allan - can you put some pics of the interiors? How effective is the AC in softtop and finally a very typical question - what kind of mileage this thing gives
Old 1st December 2009, 08:23   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT: I see that the jeep has been initiated to Mud in chennai, so did you get it stuck? wont it be very boring vehicle if it doesnt get stuck at all! just kidding to hide my envy!
Let me be frank with you, i have never really done true offroading.
That morning with the jeep was the first one for me.It was no way going to get stuck.We performed a >45degree bund climb with ease .Allan told me he would have never done that bund climb with any of his other jeeps.
Will post pictures of here offroading soon.Was too excited to click pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Name it the "serial killer" and have it printed on your windshield in reverse font so when the guy in front of you looks thru his rear view he will wet his pants well that will happen anyway even without that on your jeep....

all the best man look after her
Serial killer is actually a good one. i want more suggestions ! And it did sure look menacing in the rear view mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
Jeepers, way to go. Living in one city, buying the jeep in another city, trucking it to a third city for customization. Another name for all of this effort is LOVE.

May all your 4x4 dreams come true.
Love is too civil a name for the jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Arjun you got a beauty here.

Allan take a bow man. Just one comment. COuld you make the roll cage sturdier and more places for the passengers to hold onto? Well this i saw in another thread where a member had gone offroading in a couple of samurais in the US.
the roll cage is one of the strongest around here. Allan told me it was directly bolted to the chassis , which is very rare in india and he has not seen one as yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Hi Maddy that rollcage is stronger than it looks its not only fitted to the body but it is also fitted to the frame and the pipe is no ordinary mild steel its some thing else. Allan correct me if i am wrong.

Hi Arjun hope you enjoyed the first drive, the power she has just takes your breath away The jeep is amazing in its looks as well as in performance, congrats on your new ride and take good care of her because its not just a powerful jeep that Allan has built for you but it comes with a part of him and thats Xtream Power.

Allan no words to express for you, your the man. Just remember the mini Camel project is comming to you.
Very true the power is just amazing.With so much power the jeep was so fun to drift around not to mention easy as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Jeep indeed is a masterpiece, just one question.
What is the power of alternator/battery being used to power the winch and the lightforce headlamps?
Will definitely find out the exact answer from allan and get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
dude, chill. no big deal. actually i should've hung around the next morning too and got everything else sorted out too.

Arjun, what you really need now is a travelogue. there have been way lots of things that happened since the time the jeep was loaded on to the truck/allan reaching chennai/you guys hitting the highway/ reaching b'lore and the suspense of locating the truck. there is way too much to write about. please do that. It'll be an awesome read.
Definitely we should do that.
There is way to much to write about .It was so much fun.One crazy road trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
@arjunrudra : Congrats. You have one awesome jeep there. I can see that Allan has redefined a Jeep with 0-80 in 4 seconds. Enjoy your beauty, take good care of her, wear your seat belts and drive safe

@maddy42 : you have a very valid point there. The roll cage may be made of very strong material, but god forbid, should the jeep roll, the driver and passenger are only protected by the windshield frame. I think the roll cage design needs be a bit better providing a sturdy enclosure for the driver, in case of a roll.

Cheers,

Rajan
As previously said the roll cage is really strong and it is bolted directly to the chassis.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Hey Arjun, Allan - can you put some pics of the interiors? How effective is the AC in softtop and finally a very typical question - what kind of mileage this thing gives
Will definitely post detailed pictures of the jeep soon,maybe over this weekend.
THE AC IS REALLY COLD. My cousin who was traveling with me was at he back and he suggested a few times to switch off the easy.
Allan actually said the ac exceeded his expectations.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:47   #216
BHPian

Quote:

the roll cage is one of the strongest around here. Allan told me it was directly bolted to the chassis , which is very rare in india and he has not seen one as yet.
Arjun, sorry to say this, but you do not seem to be getting it. Let me try and explain. Imagine you are doing a >45 degree climb, as you seem to have done recently. Unfortunately, lets assume you roll ( I pray to the almighty that it should never happen ). When the jeep is upside down, what would be your contact points?

1. The roll cage frame in the rear
2. Your windshield frame in the front

Now, your jeep being front heavy, where would the maximum load be? On the roll cage or on the Windshield frame? Now if the jeep does roll and the windshield frame comes in contact with the ground, the impact will surely crush it. Where would the driver be at that point? Between the crushed windshield frame and the rollcage bar behind the cabin, right?

Please refer to this picture. This roll cage is bolted to the frame in the front, bolted at two places to the frame just behind the cabin and also bolted to the frame in the rear.

My new mm550 project!-img_0311.jpg

My new mm550 project!-img_0308.jpg

If this jeep rolls, the driver / passenger will never come in contact with anything outside the jeep, as long as they grab the handles on the top and the grab bar in the front, inside the cabin. The 5 point seat belts will hold the rest of the body firmly in place.

Better to be safe, than sorry buddy.

Just my 0.02

Good luck,

Rajan
Old 1st December 2009, 08:53   #217
Senior - BHPian

Please post the source of the images.

thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 08:56   #218
BHPian

Arjun,

Please have a look at this video. Hope you will understand what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Please post the source of the images.

thanks
Sir Alec:

These images were clicked by me and are already posted in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...eos-added.html

Thanks,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 1st December 2009 at 09:16.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:21   #219
BHPian

Dear Arjun... Congrats for the Jeep. You can name it as "Juggenaut". will suit it considering the power (3.4L? WoW ) & looks.

BTW that roll cage might be safe for tip over on flat surface. But on rocky surface where OTR's are more likely to take place, you need something similar as patchyboy suggested.

With all that huge GC, how does it behaves while turning say @ 50-60 speed (It looks more higher than Allan's Orangie).

Have fun & Take care
Old 1st December 2009, 10:05   #220
BHPian

Arjun/ Allan - Congrats on a great build! It has come out really well. Who would believe this started off as a army disposal.

Good initial reviews. Look forward to a more detailed review and OTR pics from Arjun.

Cheer
Ankit
Old 1st December 2009, 10:25   #221
Senior - BHPian

@Arjun: Sorry for diverting the thread from the original point there. One request. PLEASE PLEASE post a video da. I am really eagerly waitng for this
Old 1st December 2009, 10:28   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Arjun,

Please have a look at this video. Hope you will understand what I mean.

YouTube - Jeep Rollover - Funny

thats quite a bad roll. I had seen one such roll in the making but good recovery got him back on his fours.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:30   #223
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the build. Allan has done a wonderful job. Wishing you miles and miles of happy off roading !
Old 1st December 2009, 11:06   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are he first set of pictures of the completed jeep.
Will post pictures of her off-roading later.
Sorry for the delay.
Allan, arjun, this is the roll cage design I'm building on the jeep i was mentioning to you guys. check it out. its a full roll cage which will still protect windscreen up or down.
Attached Thumbnails
My new mm550 project!-img_5098-copy.jpg  

Old 1st December 2009, 11:15   #225
Senior - BHPian

Very well executed job. The Jeep looks fabulous Arjun. Congratulations on a successful project. Your Jeep looks the purpose for sure.

Most Viewed