Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 13:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Team-BHP Classifieds - Gypsy King 2000 model for sale - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

added one link, if interested you can dig up the other one too.

The reason I said this was because you will have to spend close to nothing on the cars
Dear Predatorwheelz,
You could find more information about the white Gypsy on my thread.
Here is the link for the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1615233-post149.html
As far as i remember, this is also a Carb vehicle.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 10th February 2010, 02:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hey, whats the update.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:59   #78
evo
BHPian

aha, so this PN. Hmm. Two years and still looking. Makes me think twice about thinking of a used one, no?

However, the Grand Vitara available at 7 Lakhs (that I told you about this morning), seems to be the perfect fit. Used car finance is also now easily available if a tad expensive (400 basis points above new, i think)

Last edited by evo : 4th July 2010 at 23:01.
Old 5th July 2010, 01:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
aha, so this PN. Hmm. Two years and still looking. Makes me think twice about thinking of a used one, no?
Well technically I haven't been looking for a MPFI gypsy for 2 years. Just about a year actually. And the search is not over. Though I've been tied down with too much work (refer my post count ) to go hunting proactively, any news of a decent MPFi example will still be investigated.

Quote:
However, the Grand Vitara available at 7 Lakhs (that I told you about this morning), seems to be the perfect fit. Used car finance is also now easily available if a tad expensive (400 basis points above new, i think)
Yes it does. I can't afford 7 lakhs on a second car, though I'd love it if you take me along for the TD atleast!
Old 5th July 2010, 12:03   #80
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

Yes it does. I can't afford 7 lakhs on a second car, though I'd love it if you take me along for the TD atleast!
However, a new Gypsy at 5.40 ex showroom plus reg and RT would be nearabout 6. Plus CFL,AC,PS etc would bring it close to if not beyond 7 no?
Old 5th July 2010, 12:19   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, a new Gypsy at 5.40 ex showroom plus reg and RT would be nearabout 6. Plus CFL,AC,PS etc would bring it close to if not beyond 7 no?
Thats exactly why I haven't gone for a brand new Gypsy, genius. Because I don't have the money!

Otherwise I full agree with the other experienced people on this thread, that its better to take a fresh slate approach rather than look for an army disposal.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

Wait for some more time, the THAR will get launched and many like me might sell the gypsy and go for it

You can get hold of a lot of MPFIs then.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:33   #83
BHPian

No updates on this thread dada? could you arrange the gypsy of your choice to undergo this transformation?
Old 29th August 2010, 13:29   #84
BHPian

Woow, I am so happy to hear that so many people have the same kinda dream, that of a long distance cruiser and off road vehicle. I too share this dream. So the way i figure is that if we all are to wait a couple of years (unfortunately) then the market will probably be flooded with ex-army MPFI gypsys. Then I guess the average 2nd hand price of MPFI gypsys are going to drop a little.

Now is the worst time to be buying an MPFI gypsy as private sales of gypsys virtually come to a standstill after 2000 when the Bolero was launched, and also the ex army MPFI gypsys are not in the used car market yet.

So Predatorwheelz, do take it easy and just keep looking. If u find one then good on you, if not, well things will only get better as more time passes once the MPFI ex army gypsys hit the market. Thats what i will do. I live in Siliguri and will be starting my search for one as soon as i buy my family a compact city car. While I am searching for myself, i will surely keep you in mind.

Happy motoring
Old 29th August 2010, 14:24   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
private sales of gypsys virtually come to a standstill after 2000 when the Bolero was launched, and also the ex army MPFI gypsys are not in the used car market yet.
when i bought my gypsy back in 2007, it was the first gypsy to be sold through the dealer in 7 years! But then the dealer ordered gypsy brochures and started putting them up prominently, and voila - 32 gypsies sold in the next 12 months!

i dont think the dealers themselves are aware that the gypsy can be sold. Mine certainly didnt until i pushed him!

Anyways, i have an update of my own: my own long postponed "Project Nomad" build is underway and I am taking pics as I go along. Will be posting daily updates soon on another thread. Allocated Budget: 1 lakh.

Front Seats - Done
Electrical Mods - Twin Battery with dual fuseboxes - in process
Free wheel Hubs - Lamda/AISIN.
Sound and Thermal insulation - not started
Air Conditioning - Research done, quotation phase. Fitter nearly finalized.
Carputer - primarily for Navigation. LCD screen procured for Dashboard fitting. Rest to be done.
Rear "Bed" Seats - the piece de resistance! Front facing bench seats, folding down into a flat bed as required. For those t-bhpians who have seen (and made nasty jokes about) the disastrous Version 1 and 2, the new design will be very different!
Vent Fans - currently going with 2 90cfm DC motors for night-use when in Camper mode. Not very effective because I avoided any serious cutting of the hard top.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Nomad - The quest to build an adventurer Gypsy King-yossi1.jpg  

Project Nomad - The quest to build an adventurer Gypsy King-yossi2.jpg  

Project Nomad - The quest to build an adventurer Gypsy King-yossi3.jpg  

Last edited by COUGAR : 29th August 2010 at 14:37.
Old 29th August 2010, 14:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Cool Cougar! good to know that! will be all eyes!!

OT: sorry could not reach you, just found a big mess up by Ford Service on my Figo so kind of preparing myself for a sadder than normal Monday!!
Old 30th August 2010, 12:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
when i bought my gypsy back in 2007, it was the first gypsy to be sold through the dealer in 7 years! But then the dealer ordered gypsy brochures and started putting them up prominently, and voila - 32 gypsies sold in the next 12 months!

i dont think the dealers themselves are aware that the gypsy can be sold. Mine certainly didnt until i pushed him!

Anyways, i have an update of my own: my own long postponed "Project Nomad" build is underway and I am taking pics as I go along. Will be posting daily updates soon on another thread. Allocated Budget: 1 lakh.

Front Seats - Done
Electrical Mods - Twin Battery with dual fuseboxes - in process
Free wheel Hubs - Lamda/AISIN.
Sound and Thermal insulation - not started
Air Conditioning - Research done, quotation phase. Fitter nearly finalized.
Carputer - primarily for Navigation. LCD screen procured for Dashboard fitting. Rest to be done.
Rear "Bed" Seats - the piece de resistance! Front facing bench seats, folding down into a flat bed as required. For those t-bhpians who have seen (and made nasty jokes about) the disastrous Version 1 and 2, the new design will be very different!
Vent Fans - currently going with 2 90cfm DC motors for night-use when in Camper mode. Not very effective because I avoided any serious cutting of the hard top.

Woow Cougar, what a great looking gypsy.. not flashy at all just a great looking paint job... just the way i like it. Really looking forward to your regular updates on your very own "project Nomad". Do let us know once u start your new thread.

So Cougar, what do u use your gypsy for primarily? long distance travel or more short off road trips? and of course, the most asked question... what is the mileage u get from your gypsy?
Old 30th August 2010, 16:35   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Woow Cougar, what a great looking gypsy.. not flashy at all just a great looking paint job...
Thanks. I did not repaint it:this is the color it came in: ICY BLUE.

Quote:
So Cougar, what do u use your gypsy for primarily? long distance travel or more short off road trips?
Originally bought it for exclusive forest use. But has now become my primary car: i just cant drive a low slung car anymore! 80% of the mileage accumulated so far has been on tours though.

Quote:
and of course, the most asked question... what is the mileage u get from your gypsy?
Its an MPFI bought new so no complaints so far on this count. Have ONCE got a high of 16 kpl between Pune and Indapur. Based on experience so far: Most of the time i get around 13-14 kpl on the highway when cruising at a constant 80-85 kph. Any more aggressive driving and mileage PLUMMETS to 8kpl levels.
Old 30th August 2010, 17:41   #89
BHPian

Oh yea Cougar, the ICY BLUE. The only place i have seen that coloured gypsy is in the Gypsy website. But Must say it looks fantastic! Anyways, am very much looking forward to your project thread. Do keep us posted.

Happy motoring
Old 6th September 2010, 10:51   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Well technically I haven't been looking for a MPFI gypsy for 2 years. Just about a year actually. And the search is not over. Though I've been tied down with too much work (refer my post count ) to go hunting proactively, any news of a decent MPFi example will still be investigated.
Sir, I admire your resolute patience factored by the budget constrains. I hope and sincerely wish that your 'Project Nomad' sees daylight soon.

I am myself hunting for Gypsy/MM550 (for lack of better options, for more or less similar reasons/needs as yours) within my own limited budget; lets see what comes my way.

Best of Luck & Regards

Jeet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks