Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 19:19   #16
BHPian

Congrats!! starter. Maruti should start selling the Gypsy commercially again. The only thing thats there in showrooms is Vitara which IMHO is not an off-raoder. In that segment there are many others which are better. I really think Maruti should launch Gypsy again and the esteem also may be with the Swift DDis engine. Looking forward to your detailed dealer review on how you got a Gypsy from Maruti.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:02   #17
BHPian

Congradulations Deepak,
On the purchase of a New Gypsy king, very few people can actually do what they dream off ( Owning a brand new Gypsy king).
Do you plan any mods in the near future?

-Sathya
Old 9th November 2009, 08:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@starter: Congrats on your buy ! Not everyone is gifted to own a brand new gypsy ! Please post some pics (a red gypsy will look smashing to say the least!) and your buying experience. How long was the wait and how much was the on-road price?
Hey rr_zen,
The wait was about a month and a half and the on-road price was about 6.3 lakhs. Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Great Man ! you are living your dream and that not possible by everyone
Josh, Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Congratulations Friend. Nice purchase. Fantastic Machine. A small report on buying experience please. Looks great in red. Post some interior and exterior pics friend. What's the on-road price??
Dear Hegde,
Thanks a lot. I've just mentioned about the on-road price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The report!
Congrats Starter on the buy! (once again)
Am looking forward to the buying experience.
The Fusion looks great and in very good condition.
Hey Suresh,
I shall definitely post it as soon as i go home.
After posting the second part, my laptop crashed. So, writing in from office. Will mostly post the next part today.
I purchased my Fusion on April 1 2005. So, in the below picture, its a 4 year old car
Thanks a lot for your message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Congrats!! starter. Maruti should start selling the Gypsy commercially again. The only thing thats there in showrooms is Vitara which IMHO is not an off-raoder. In that segment there are many others which are better. I really think Maruti should launch Gypsy again and the esteem also may be with the Swift DDis engine. Looking forward to your detailed dealer review on how you got a Gypsy from Maruti.
Dear Arishi,
Thanks for your message. I wish too, Maruti starts selling Gypsy again and Mahindra starts selling 550/340 again. But i do not know if they would ever pay heed. Anyway, atleast Maruti is still delivering Gypsies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyagith View Post
Congradulations Deepak,
On the purchase of a New Gypsy king, very few people can actually do what they dream off ( Owning a brand new Gypsy king).
Do you plan any mods in the near future?
-Sathya
Dear Sathya,
No major mods actually. Have a simple ICE setup. Have changed the OEM tyres with BFGs. I've to do something about the suspension. If you are moving from a car to a Gypsy, it is like CFLs or some sand ballast, not sure as of now. Will mostly go with CFLs. Other than that, nothing else Sathya. Thanks for your message.

I shall definitely post some pictures tonight. I am sorry for making you all wait.
Cheers Everybody,
Deepak
Old 9th November 2009, 10:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Seen many people having GYPSY as an second vehicle, one needs to have a BRAVE HEART to own a NEW Gypsy as a primary thing. You are one among them.
I can understand the pain in convincing your family for selling a hatch & purchasing new one.Thats the spirit.
This shows Team-bhp is dominating even in the house.

CFL is the best & economic way to go for.
How abt AC & PW steering?
First comes AC. Else your family will curse you for making them boil, better not to remind them of FUSION.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Actually Rudra Sir, you cannot even choose the colour you want .
They've only a few colours to offer as I see on the net. So what all colour you've asked for?
Old 9th November 2009, 11:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Seen many people having GYPSY as an second vehicle, one needs to have a BRAVE HEART to own a NEW Gypsy as a primary thing. You are one among them.
This shows Team-bhp is dominating even in the house.
How abt AC & PW steering?
First comes AC. Else your family will curse you for making them boil, better not to remind them of FUSION.
Dear Ramsagar,
Thanks, you atleast called me a Brave Heart. My mom thinks am INSANE
AC is definitely on the cards, but am scared about warranty and over heating issues. As of now, am able to live without AC. Am sure, i would need it in summer.
Buddy, don't remind me of this comparison to Fusion. One small undulation i misjudge on the road, and i have an earful. I really mean a small undulation. If you misjudge a road-hump or a pothole, for sure you would have some slipped disc patients in your car!
I am getting used to the steering now. I can manage without power steering. Do not want to add anything which would affect its reliability unless its a must need Ram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
They've only a few colours to offer as I see on the net. So what all colour you've asked for?
Rudra Sir, Yes, you are right. The colours that you can see in the website are White, Red, Blue and Silver. Through the dealer, i got to know that they also have Harvest Green as another colour.
What i meant with no choice of colours is, i booked a Green. Dealer used to call me every second day and this used to be the conversation.

Dealer: Sir, sorry.. Green is not available. Do you have any other colour in mind (he means, among those mentioned in the website)
Me: Ok, if not Green, maybe you could get me a Red.
Dealer: Ok Sir. I will tell you when the car is in the showroom.
Me: Thanks

(After a couple of days)
Dealer: Sir, sorry.. Red is not available. It is only for Rally vehicles.
Me: No, the site says its available.
Dealer: No Sir, It is no longer available. Maruti has stopped it (I really had no answer for this statement, and he was using this everytime i ask him a question for which he has no answer).
Me: Then what should i do?
Dealer: Sir, Green? Green is ok with you? I'll try to get you green.
Me: Ok, whatever..

You know, i need to change my whole imagination from Green to Red and Red to Green. Since there are not many pictures, i used to look at Red Swifts & Green M800s, and used to morph a Gypsy structure on these cars and used to imagine that this is how it would look like

After another couple of days..
Dealer: Sir, Green is also not available.
Me: What do you want me to do.
Dealer: Sir, are you particular about the vehicle or the colour. Vehicle right. Just leave it to me. I'll get you a Gypsy in white colour.
Me: Fine, do whatever and please don't call me to ask which colour i want..

Finally, i got a Red colour, after some hazaar phone calls to Maruti Delhi, Maruti Bangalore, My dealer. That's the story Rudra Sir.

Cheers Everybody.
Deepak
starter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 11:48   #22
Sha
BHPian

Harvest green color , even they told me same story about green color I guess some how the green color Gypsy is not moving from there inventory database.

@starter- Last photo of fusion was taken in virajpet.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:50   #23
BHPian

Congrats Starter on your new purchase. I always wanted a Gypsy.But the space and the ride are always not giving me enough courage to go for it. Could you post some pictures for us to enjoy please?
Old 9th November 2009, 12:59   #24
Team-BHP Support

Red should surely looks different from the rest. Like to see your car asap. Depends on your time and location though.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

Congratz! Looking forward to a detailed review and buying experience.

Just yesterday we were discussing and checking out MUL website for Gypsy. I somehow liked the silver.

Quote:
Red should surely looks different from the rest. Like to see your car asap. Depends on your time and location though.
Rudz here is a preview of his new 4x4 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1530070-post409.html
Old 9th November 2009, 13:13   #26
Team-BHP Support

I've seen that before Jaggu. Now want to see it in three dimension. Touch and feel type.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Rudra Sir,
I could show it to you whenever you would have time.
I will PM you my home and office location and my phone number.
This rain has made it a little dirty. Will wash it before you drive her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz! Looking forward to a detailed review and buying experience.
I somehow liked the silver.
Dear Jaggu,
Thanks a lot for your wishes. I will definitely update this thread with all the details.
I liked Silver too. But, Fusion & Gypsy, both in Silver. My mom would've never stopped abusing me for selling away Fusion
Also, if the dealer hears Silver, i guess, he would give back your money.
No, but seriously, you are right Jaggu, Silver does look good. I've seen one car on google with some NZ registration which is sort of a darker silver. It looks brilliant with white hard top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Harvest green color , even they told me same story about green color I guess some how the green color Gypsy is not moving from there inventory database.
@starter- Last photo of fusion was taken in virajpet.
Absolutely true with this Green colour Shakir. I guess, Rossi's Gypsy is the Harvest Green colour.
Regarding Fusion's picture: I was on the way to some Adventure Camp. I lost my running board by the time i reached the camp

Cheers Everybody,
Deepak

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd November 2009 at 09:02. Reason: Post edited. Please do not use more than two smilies per post. Thanks.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Starter!

A red gypsy, now that's got to look great! Looking forward to a full fledged ownership report with tons of pics and interesting OTR experiences!
Old 9th November 2009, 20:37   #29
BHPian

Congrats Starter Sir ,

hoping to see you in the next OTR . I though I saw you turning back at gottigere on the day of Pearl Valley OTR. Was that you. I was in the red Jeep.

Babu
Old 9th November 2009, 22:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Congrats Starter Sir ,

hoping to see you in the next OTR . I though I saw you turning back at gottigere on the day of Pearl Valley OTR. Was that you. I was in the red Jeep.

Babu
Dear Babu,
Yes, it was me and i did see you and your Jeep. Infact, we did wave at each other. I did not attend the OTR since i had not run in completely. But, enjoyed it very much looking at your pictures and reading your posts.
By the way, you could call me Deepak. Thanks a lot for your wishes Babu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congrats, Starter!
A red gypsy, now that's got to look great! Looking forward to a full fledged ownership report with tons of pics and interesting OTR experiences!
Thanks Anekho, will keep the thread updated!

Cheers,
Deepak

Most Viewed