Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 20:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Siva, Pricey collection buddy. Congratulations and good luck on restoration.
Old 13th December 2009, 00:22   #32
BHPian

Siva Congrats. We have seen in T-Bhp, beautiful restorations being done.

Best wishes to you on the restoration of your new possession and yes will watch the progress with you as well.

May i ask, since you are sourcing the spare parts, is the restoration going to be a DIY task or jointly done with a garage

Last edited by ikoneer : 13th December 2009 at 00:23.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
sorry mate i could not get my hands on a 2h in delhi but i might be travelling soon to nepal for few parts for my FJ62,i think it would be easy to find various engine options there as lot of toyotas still ploy in nepal.will let you know soon about my plan.

regards

mandeep
Mandeep, I'm now praying you should get quick chance to go to Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Siva, Pricey collection buddy. Congratulations and good luck on restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Siva Congrats. We have seen in T-Bhp, beautiful restorations being done.

Best wishes to you on the restoration of your new possession and yes will watch the progress with you as well.

May i ask, since you are sourcing the spare parts, is the restoration going to be a DIY task or jointly done with a garage
Thanks guys.

@ikoneer, I'm no expert nor have that kind of time to experience "Do it Yourself" task. Hence I'm sure going to stick with a garage as I always do that.

Anyway as an update, now I have got a front original seat frames, Rear top open door (mine is rusted so getting another one in good condition), a set of bumperette, Tie rod and few miscellenous items. All these items were sourced and now on the transit. I will update the pics as soon as I receive them in two days.

The turn lights are being ordered and I may get them in 2 - 3 weeks, yet to be confirmed item.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm interesting update, the parts as I have mentioned in my previous post have been received. Except the bumperette I have not opended any of the packing just to keep it safe.
My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image166.jpg
I'm still hunting for many parts to start the restoration, I hope to visit Sharjah to collect few cosmetic parts and depending on TBHPians for any other possible parts that I need.

Meanwhile I'm getting the Toyota 14-B T model (Turbo) imported engines, not the one came in DCM toyota for around Rs.40K budget for a completely overhauled engine. What do you guys say ? is it worth the deal or should I wait for more bargain ?
Old 20th December 2009, 07:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
....I hope to visit Sharjah to collect few cosmetic parts ...
Only a few can do so much for their ride. Let me know when you are going

Quote:
..... What do you guys say ? is it worth the deal or should I wait for more bargain ?
With the radical vehicle you have here, and a more radical MOD you are trying, few will be able to answer above. Which vehicle this engine fits on. I am going today to the place I told you...I will check there. Will call in case you dont reply soon...
Old 20th December 2009, 13:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Only a few can do so much for their ride. Let me know when you are going

most probably February 1st week.

With the radical vehicle you have here, and a more radical MOD you are trying, few will be able to answer above. Which vehicle this engine fits on. I am going today to the place I told you...I will check there. Will call in case you dont reply soon...
Obviously even if that few can answer, I'm going be taking lots of inputs.

since I have not closed any deal, you can still go to that place and let me know if you find anything interesting to my FJ40 need.

Mods, excuse me for the below information

I’m planning to plunk in a Toyota 14-B engine into the FJ40, hence the currently running Mahindra B275 engine will be sold to anyone who is interested.

The B275 engine is in a really good condition and currently running on my FJ40. There is completely no smoke, no oil consuming issues, no chamber compression, no slap noise or any colored smoke.

Interested parties can come and drive my FJ40 to see how the engine performs before going for the deal.

As a bit of history I received from the seller of my FJ40, the engine was serviced recently including the diesel pump.

Since this is not classified section, I'm hiding the contact and price information here, so anyone interested? send me a PM to know further.
Old 21st December 2009, 19:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Some more essential parts ordered

Guys,

As an update to the FJ40 restoration project, now I have found as much as essential parts for the FJ40 from Dubai.

There are 2 important Team-BHPians play a vital role in bringing the stuffs to my hands one is JeepFreak and other one is JeepCaptain (what a coincidence both their handle starts with Jeep). My sincere thanks to both of them saving my FJ40 and getting me all the OE parts.

Parts ordered (confirmed)

1 Front turn light indicators
2 Front fender lights
3 Toyota decal for the rear body(Left & Right)
4 4x4 decal for the rear body
5 Rear light assembly set(Left & Right)
6 Front door knob set (Left & Right)
7 Front door handle set (Left & Right)
8 Front door glass winder handle set (Left & Right)
9 Front axles

Items that are still in my search

1. Front doors rubber gaskets (Left & Right)
2. Bonnet rubber gaskets
3. Rear top open door handle
4. Spare wheel carrier kit
5. Number plate holder, plate and 2 lights
6. Steering Horn button
7. Steering combination switch assy
9. Clutch, Accelerator and Break pedal rubber bushes
10. Transfer case lever, pin & knob
11. Front door inner pads
12. Steering column
13. Front propeller shaft
14. The 2nos of tow hook attached on the front bumper
15. Rear reflectors

Solved item requirements

1, Front door glass winder mechanism - For time being I will ignore this, as I've found a way to replicate MM550 mechanism to fit on this door.
2, Rear bumperette - already got them
3. DCM toyota 14-B engine - Getting a local deal for 14-B engine
4. Rear top open door
5. Seats
7. Tie-Rod
8. Front differential

By looking at the pace the parts are available, I'm sure the FJ going to reach it's own original beauty by power and body.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:

3. DCM toyota 14-B engine - Getting a local deal for 14-B engine
Hi Siva ,

Its precious FJ you have there with you .

Is 14-B easily available in market? What is the cost? It is the same engine which Allan (extreme power) has used in Arjun's Jeep.

pls tell me that the engine can be fitted on 550 as well, is yes what are the mods required?

Tarkesh
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hi Siva ,

Its precious FJ you have there with you .

Is 14-B easily available in market? What is the cost? It is the same engine which Allan (extreme power) has used in Arjun's Jeep.

pls tell me that the engine can be fitted on 550 as well, is yes what are the mods required?

Tarkesh

I didn't get a chance to either chat with Allen or Offroad with Arjun. I've also not gone through their jeep build posts fully hence I'm having no full information about the Jeep.

What I have heard is that they have an adapter plate to mate the Jeep's gearbox with Toyota 14-B engine.

Allen or Arjun are the right people to answer your queries, I'm only going to mate the 14-B to original Toyota's original 3 speed gearbox which came with my Landcruiser FJ40

But Arjun's jeep got 14-B turbo, which was not manufactured in India anytime. There is a possibility that Arjun sourced a imported Toyota 14-BT (Turbo Version) or sourced a Toyota 14-B(DCM Toyota truck's engine) and installed turbo and intercooler above (this is exactly what I'm planning to do)

The DCM Toyota 14-B engines are available plenty in the market, they range from 11K to 40K. This huge variation is due to condition of the engine and place you buy.

Don't ever let the scrap vendor know that you are planning to buy these engines for your Jeep which is life style vehicle and they will increase the price the moment they come to know about the purpose. Always let your mechanic to deal the scrap vendor.

I'm sourcing the engine from my hometown for Rs.15000 which is relatively in good condition and 1993 model one.

The entire DCM Toyota line was stopped after 1994 when the company closed down and opened up their operations for Dawoo passenger cars (Remember Ceilo and Matiz) under DCM Dawoo venture.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:

But Arjun's jeep got 14-B turbo, which was not manufactured in India anytime. There is a possibility that Arjun sourced a imported Toyota 14-BT (Turbo Version) or sourced a Toyota 14-B(DCM Toyota truck's engine) and installed turbo and intercooler above (this is exactly what I'm planning to do)

The DCM Toyota 14-B engines are available plenty in the market, they range from 11K to 40K. This huge variation is due to condition of the engine and place you buy.

Don't ever let the scrap vendor know that you are planning to buy these engines for your Jeep which is life style vehicle and they will increase the price the moment they come to know about the purpose. Always let your mechanic to deal the scrap vendor.

I'm sourcing the engine from my hometown for Rs.15000 which is relatively in good condition and 1993 model one.

The entire DCM Toyota line was stopped after 1994 when the company closed down and opened up their operations for Dawoo passenger cars (Remember Ceilo and Matiz) under DCM Dawoo venture.

Thats a nice piece of info Siva, thanks for that. will surely check up.

Tarkesh
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:24   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Siva:

What is the output of the 14-B engine without the Turbo? Are any of the parts interchangable with later engines like the Qualis? Are parts for a rebuild easily available or do you have to import them?
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Siva, awesome, now where is this hometown of yours? I need a swift DDIS with ECU. Can you help ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Siva:

What is the output of the 14-B engine without the Turbo? Are any of the parts interchangable with later engines like the Qualis? Are parts for a rebuild easily available or do you have to import them?

Tini, I think arjun's thread on his build of the jeep by xtremepower has details of the output - 110BHP odd.

Check it out.

cheers
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Siva, awesome, now where is this hometown of yours? I need a swift DDIS with ECU. Can you help ?

Tini, I think arjun's thread on his build of the jeep by xtremepower has details of the output - 110BHP odd.

Check it out.

cheers

Hey Vikram

The old DCM toyota trucks are available for Rs.65000, I hope if you come after 10-15 years may be DDIS too on the same price range
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Siva:

I'm not sure if it had above 100bhp without Turbo. As per available online resources

The 14B is a 3.6 inline 4 eight valve OHV direct injection diesel engine.

Compression ratio is 18:1. Output is 98 hp (72 kW) at 3400 rpm with 177 ft-lbs (240 N·m) of torque at 1800 rpm.

The 14B-T is a turbocharged version of the 14B engine and produces around 140HP compare to the 98HP on the non-turbo version.

Now the interesting part, why did I choose the Toyota 14B to my Toyota FJ40? Not only the reason as many Imported TLC FJ40 in India plunked the 14B which seems to be working well, but there is another strong reason too as the Toyota's Brazil production line continued to produce the FJ40 in Brazil long past 1984, to an exact till the year 2001. Yes the FJ40s were produced in Brazil till start of this decade same like CJ3Bs produced in India by Mahindras.

You know what? the FJ40's cousin BJ40(Dieselized version) in Brazil was called as "Landcruiser Bandeirante".

Another interesting fact about this version of FJ40 is that it was initially having Mercedes-Benz MAC-314 engine under the hood and later on replaced with 14B.

I'm sure Toyota would have put lots of effort in cornering the 14B into their ever successful TLC FJ40 chassis.

For those who are interested in knowing further details about Landcruiser Bandeirante, please have your browser directed to this URL: LCBandeirante

Last edited by trammway : 22nd December 2009 at 20:07.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pictures of my new parts collection for FJ40. Still more to come...
My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-img_1771.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-img_1772.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-img_1774.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks