Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 09:47   #121
BHPian

Front IFS? from where one hear that?
Old 1st December 2009, 10:02   #122
Team-BHP Support

Ok, just IFS. The Thar specifications have been selectively leaked by Mahindra officials at every MGE event this year. So it is not really a secret. But nobody knows everything for sure, there in lies the confusion. CDRe and IFS is for sure, rest are hazy since the rumours have been changing all along.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:40   #123
BHPian

Yeah its possible. Mahindra showcased Stiker with front live axle in defexpo 09, but all strikers in use have IFS up front.
Same can be case with Thar as the 1 shown in Bologna auto show had OKBJ axle up front.
Guess it wil also have electronic 4wd shifter then.

@ Mahindra:
Just launch it Pls :(
atlest feed us with some more news, or best, start some teaser campaign on TV.

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 1st December 2009 at 23:44.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:42   #124
Senior - BHPian

Electric 4wd shifter

[quote=offroad_maniac;1611074]Yeah its possible. Mahindra showcased Stiker with front live axle in defexpo 09, but all strikers in use have IFS up front.
Same can be case with Thar as the 1 shown in Bologna auto show had OKBJ axle up front.
Guess it wil also have electronic 4wd shifter then.

Guys personally i feel the manual shift transfer case adds so much reliability to a Jeep,
does any of you have experiences of 4wd improper engagement when put to use, any reason for such observation?
Old 7th December 2009, 20:04   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Guys personally i feel the manual shift transfer case adds so much reliability to a Jeep,
does any of you have experiences of 4wd improper engagement when put to use, any reason for such observation?
What, When & How much are the questions that will remain un-answered, till the Thar is finally launched. So whatever this thread is till made up of, contains 80% of rumors & the continuation of "The 'Indian Dreams' Wish-List" thread.

As far as the actual Specs, the Launch date & the Price of Thar.. no one can confirm @ this stage. So cant tell if it will have 4WD Shifter or a little switch on dash
Old 8th December 2009, 13:15   #126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
As far as the actual Specs, the Launch date & the Price of Thar.. no one can confirm @ this stage.
Frankly, no one has ever know at any stage if the Thar will be launched and at what price. I just hope it doesn't turn into an exercise that only had hot air. At the end of the day, it's not a supercar. Rather an ancient Jeep chassis, with equally ancient parts that are readily available in house itself. Whats stopping Mahindra? No one knows.

But I'd appreciate if they set the record straight once and for all. All these teaser threads will only lead to more disappointment if the Thar is not launched eventually. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong and see a Thar in a local Mahindra showroom. But in the time that they have taken to get the Thar to a showroom, Toyota would have conceptualised, developed, tested and launched entirely new generations of a Corolla, Camry and Landcruiser. Combined.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Frankly, no one has ever know at any stage if the Thar will be launched and at what price. I just hope it doesn't turn into an exercise that only had hot air. At the end of the day, it's not a supercar. Rather an ancient Jeep chassis, with equally ancient parts that are readily available in house itself. Whats stopping Mahindra? No one knows.

But I'd appreciate if they set the record straight once and for all. All these teaser threads will only lead to more disappointment if the Thar is not launched eventually. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong and see a Thar in a local Mahindra showroom. But in the time that they have taken to get the Thar to a showroom, Toyota would have conceptualised, developed, tested and launched entirely new generations of a Corolla, Camry and Landcruiser. Combined.
+1 to that GTO! I am atleast one of them who got tired reading the MM540 wishlist and hearing about these rumours on Thar. In the end, what are they giving us? Nothing new that has not been seen! I hope it doesn't become like the wolf and shepherd story, that when one day they really come up with Thar, there is nobody buying it because everyone's gone and bought another vehicle.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 8th December 2009, 19:38   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Frankly, no one has ever know at any stage if the Thar will be launched and at what price. I just hope it doesn't turn into an exercise that only had hot air. Whats stopping Mahindra? No one knows. .
Actually the production must have been started (The SCOOP pics), but no one here has confirmed if its for India or for some rich Firangis.

Quote:
But in the time that they have taken to get the Thar to a showroom, Toyota would have conceptualised, developed, tested and launched entirely new generations of a Corolla, Camry and Landcruiser. Combined.
May be .. See other major Manufacturers has already launched & confirmed some World famous products for India. We are getting them all the way from Germany. And here, we are waiting like a hopeless bunch of people for a Re-Launch of already exisitng product...

May be by that time, Maruti will launch some MG416W or will reduce existing Gypsy's price?
Old 16th December 2009, 20:18   #129
BHPian

These pics indicates, that its in production..
Also it might have a 4WD switch rather than a separate shift as the body has only one small opening (I think 6"X8") for gear shifter.
Dont know if it will be normal production or just a limited edition...

(Note: Since these pics are taken on road, I guess there wont be any copyright issues)
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP - Mahindra Thar caught testing on the expressway-thartub.jpg  

SCOOP - Mahindra Thar caught testing on the expressway-new_0005.jpg  

Old 16th December 2009, 22:06   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@offroad_maniac.

What are these pictures of? Could it not be somebody just transporting a body shell?
Old 16th December 2009, 22:20   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
These pics indicates, that its in production..

(Note: Since these pics are taken on road, I guess there wont be any copyright issues)
This could be the body of Army 550 NGCS which is in mainstream production. Also how sure are you that this truck was carring consignment to M&M factory?
Old 17th December 2009, 20:38   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting! Very very interesting! Good. Very very good!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 17th December 2009 at 20:39. Reason: add info
Old 17th December 2009, 21:40   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Interesting! Very very interesting! Good. Very very good!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Ah!!!! Come on Behram Sir. Nuff said, shall start the full work on my Jeep or wait for Thar.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 18th December 2009, 00:59   #134
BHPian

Hello Dhabhar sir,

This information should not be that much classified, at least something like 'vehicle is in pipeline' or 'level of progress' can be revealed. With the speed people are restoring MM550s maybe some of the potential customers for the Thar are being lost. I guess some companies possibly do reveal little information indirectly to keep the interest alive, if the project i delayed.
Any ways you know much better than me and I appreciate you effort to make this real.

Pranav
Old 18th December 2009, 17:53   #135
Senior - BHPian

M&M, Just release some news already on this project and specs of the vehicle.

Sree, wait for the Thar and spent just an hour choosing the right buyer from the Team bhp queue.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks