Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 16:27   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Seems to have gathered a lot of dust during its journery from Mayapuri then again that's imperative. The body seems to be in good shape for an army disposal. All the best for your restoration!
ya the body is in good shape, anyways i plan a repaint. the vehicle was parked at a friends plant for more thane a week that's the reason for the dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Thats one nice Christmas present Annu. 2010 will see u in your new ride - The Gypsy.

Waiting for the pics of WIP.
ya m dyin for it bro.
Old 24th December 2009, 19:24   #62
BHPian

splendid bodyline.

I must congratulate you on this purchase. the bodyline seems better than the vehicles that I had picked up. Did u get the seats recushioned in delhi or did u get the vehicle in this state. Please post some good pics taken with a proper digital camera. Where is the vehicle parked in Indore ? I may come down next week on some work and may have a dekho at it.
Please update the thread on every step that you take.
When r u getting the first estimate ?
I will advise you not to cut corners anywhere and replace any part thats needed. Let me know in case u need any help.

What mods are you planning for the vehicle ?

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by annu0706 View Post

Posting a few pics taken at MASS [sorry for the bad picture quality]
Old 25th December 2009, 10:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Cant make much from the pics, but still looks ok!!! It reminds me about a year earlier, when I picked up a CJ3B on christmas day itself!!!
Please post more his resolution pics when you visit the workshop next.
You sure have done the right thing by bringing the vehicle straightto MASS. Get the engine rebuilt there and if possible all the mechanicals too as if anything goes wrong later on atleast you have the 6 months service warranty.

I totally agree with Abheek, dont cut corners anywhere replace with brand new parts as far as possible.
And keep updating the thread with pics and the cost aspect.
Any help needed from Mayapuri please don't hesitate in getting back to me.
Cheers

Last edited by harjeev : 25th December 2009 at 10:20.
Old 25th December 2009, 23:32   #64
BHPian

Hey annu,

Congratulations for the king. So nice to see someone from Indore, I will love to be a part of this restoration process. Is it at Rukmani motors ?
By the way I gave the willys which I would be driving for some days to a workshop for minor repairs.

Regards

Pranav
Old 26th December 2009, 13:46   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
I must congratulate you on this purchase. the body line seems better than the vehicles that I had picked up. Did u get the seats recushioned in delhi or did u get the vehicle in this state. Please post some good pics taken with a proper digital camera. Where is the vehicle parked in Indore ? I may come down next week on some work and may have a dekho at it.
Please update the thread on every step that you take.
When r u getting the first estimate ?
I will advise you not to cut corners anywhere and replace any part thats needed. Let me know in case u need any help.

What mods are you planning for the vehicle ?

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh
thanks dear, the seats are as it is lucky me. the vehicle is parked at 'my car' near IPS please do call me whenever you come to indore. my no is 94254 00904. thanks bro would be needin a lot of assistance from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Cant make much from the pics, but still looks ok!!! It reminds me about a year earlier, when I picked up a CJ3B on christmas day itself!!!
Please post more his resolution pics when you visit the workshop next.
You sure have done the right thing by bringing the vehicle straightto MASS. Get the engine rebuilt there and if possible all the mechanicals too as if anything goes wrong later on atleast you have the 6 months service warranty.

I totally agree with Abheek, dont cut corners anywhere replace with brand new parts as far as possible.
And keep updating the thread with pics and the cost aspect.
Any help needed from Mayapuri please don't hesitate in getting back to me.
Cheers
hi harjeev, i've planned the mod in two phases first is to get the vehicle in good condition, will get all the mechanicals done at MASS with all parts changed no cutoffs. will definately pm you whenever i come to mayapuri. would be posting the picks soon.
thanks bro would be needin a lot of assistance from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMS View Post
Hey annu,

Congratulations for the king. So nice to see someone from Indore, I will love to be a part of this restoration process. Is it at Rukmani motors ?
By the way I gave the willys which I would be driving for some days to a workshop for minor repairs.

Regards

Pranav
hi pranav,
welcome on board, it indeed is good to c someone from indore in the 4X4 section. the vehicle is parket at 'my car' near IPS.

Last edited by annu0706 : 26th December 2009 at 13:47.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:26   #66
BHPian

Hi annu any further updates on the gypsy
Old 18th January 2010, 00:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

waiting in line for the updates... come on dude what's the status on your steed?
Old 18th January 2010, 13:11   #68
BHPian

Dude... Awaiting updates..
Old 18th January 2010, 13:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Me too , this is one of my subscribed threads.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Me too , this is one of my subscribed threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Dude... Awaiting updates..
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
waiting in line for the updates... come on dude what's the status on your steed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy4u View Post
Hi annu any further updates on the gypsy
sorry for the delay in update guys, as am out of town these days for my current project [bridge construction] n am working in a very remote area where even mobiles don work.

well a lot of work has been done including engine overhauling, hub greasing etc.
the engine, clutch plate 4wd were ok lucky me.
would be getting the vehicle tomorrow,will then be in a condition to tell the exact work done and the amount spent, a rough estimate is somewhere 16+.
the body work would start asap

Last edited by annu0706 : 19th January 2010 at 18:19.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
well a lot of work has been done including engine overhauling, hub greasing etc.
the engine, clutch plate 4wd were ok lucky me would be getting the vehicle tomorrow, would be updating the exact work done and the amount spent, a rough estimate is somewhere 16+.

Well that was real quick (24 Dec '09 - 20 Jan '10 ) very quick . Congrats mate . Do share the pics of the restored engine bay / underbody as you get the vehicle . Also please share the costs incurred
Old 20th January 2010, 22:36   #72
BHPian

Quote:
would be getting the vehicle tomorrow,will then be in a condition to tell the exact work done and the amount spent, a rough estimate is somewhere 16+.
Thats great, eagerly awaiting details and pics
Old 20th January 2010, 23:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry for the delay in update guys, as am out of town these days for my current project [bridge construction] n am working in a very remote area where even mobiles don work.

yipee , will be waiting for the pictures and report.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:57   #74
BHPian

Hi Friends,
In the process of restoration of my king i'm facing a few new problem:-
1> my king when in 2 wheel drive, makes a sound when shown to the mechanic he says that the 4 wheel gear box needs to be changed which will cost around 8500.
2> Second there's a play in the staring wheel for which he recommends that the stearing rod should be changed costing around 2200

PLEASE SUGGEST

Last edited by annu0706 : 3rd February 2010 at 19:01.
Old 19th June 2010, 13:52   #75
BHPian

Hi guys,
sorry for disappearing for such a long time, as I've to already mentioned that I’m working in a very remote aria and accessing the net is not possible.
Any ways the latest updates are very interesting as I tried my level best to restore my gypsy, but being out of town for long periods and having no contacts with good mechanics, it was almost impossible for me to restore it. One day I took it to mass for its four wheel shaft problem and the lady luck smiled on me .
There was a brand new Gypsy King Dec-2009 unregistered parked over there, out of curiosity i inquired about the vehicle and was told that someone booked it last year and did not took the delivery. they also came up with an offer if i was interested they can give it to me for 5.25L..

After a lot of negotiations i came up with a very good bargain:-
1> Price of vehicle 5.10L
2> New insurance & RTO done
3> Music system installed
Would be uploading pics of my new one very soon

Last edited by annu0706 : 19th June 2010 at 13:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks