Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 00:53   #31
BHPian

Congrats and all the best.
Old 28th November 2009, 01:46   #32
BHPian

Congratulations.

The condition of your vehicle is comparable to the lot of 3 gypsies that I had picked up earlier this year from the army auctions in pune.

Atleast as it looks overall.

On the pricing front I would say that you have paid a good price overall (maybe 5k on the higher side) considering that you have bypassed all the hassles that come your way if you try bidding on the army auction lots yourself as I had done.

Just one advise : get the vehicle carted without doing work of any sort whatsoever in mayapuri and start working on it once it reaches in front of your eyes in indore. you will never know what spurious parts would be used to fix your vehicle to get it to running condition in mayapuri.

You can get in touch with me anytime if you want any help in your restoration or help in sourcing parts for your vehicle.

All the best.

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh
Old 29th November 2009, 00:10   #33
BHPian

I went to Mayapuri today and visited Pali Motors too. If anyone is interested, there is one 2000 model Mpfi Gypsy available. Looks in pristine condition. I'm assuming army guys always take good care of their Gypsys while it's in service. The guy promised of all the mechanicals working. The car looked aligned and well maintained.

He was asking a price of Rs. 165000, with car delivered in proper working condition, which seems reasonable.Transferring cost extra (appx 12-14k). I cannot buy it right away due to financial constraints, but i loved this piece so much i would've bought it if i could.

Any one interested should pay a visit and check it out. I feel it will be worth it.

Cheers.
Old 30th November 2009, 09:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
......there is one 2000 model Mpfi Gypsy available. Looks in pristine condition. I'm assuming army guys always take good care of their Gypsys while it's in service..
Unless its a CO kind of vehicle its most likely that the pristine look is because of paint touch-up job from the mayapuri fellas and not due to 'good care taken by army'. Its a disposal vehicle after all!

Quote:
....He was asking a price of Rs. 165000, with car delivered in proper working condition, which seems reasonable.Transferring....
Price looks tempting but be ready to replace majority of the basic working parts later on if you want a reliable vehicle.
-regards,
Old 30th November 2009, 13:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
I went to Mayapuri today and visited Pali Motors too. If anyone is interested, there is one 2000 model Mpfi Gypsy available. Looks in pristine condition. I'm assuming army guys always take good care of their Gypsys while it's in service. The guy promised of all the mechanicals working. The car looked aligned and well maintained.

He was asking a price of Rs. 165000, with car delivered in proper working condition, which seems reasonable.Transferring cost extra (appx 12-14k). I cannot buy it right away due to financial constraints, but i loved this piece so much i would've bought it if i could.

Any one interested should pay a visit and check it out. I feel it will be worth it.

Cheers.
hi racingmechient this is the gypsy you are talking about ??
Attached Thumbnails
With Love from MayaPuri [Gypsy King]-mpfi-adv.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 17:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by annu0706 View Post

Hey annu,

I saw a lot of MG410s, What are the prices quoted for these with everything in running conditions. Looking for a mg410W to be exact.

Pramod
Old 30th November 2009, 18:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Hey annu,

I saw a lot of MG410s, What are the prices quoted for these with everything in running conditions. Looking for a mg410W to be exact.

Pramod
sorry bro i didn't inquired about the 410's but they have lot of them if you want i can pm you his add & no.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry bro i didn't inquired about the 410's but they have lot of them if you want i can pm you his add & no.

Sure please do....

Pramod
Old 1st December 2009, 15:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.

I have a feeling what im about to hear from you now will be a bit shocking.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:16   #40
BHPian

Hi guys,

Latest update the Gypsy king has not arrived yet . my guy there says its stuck with the transporter and would be there today or tomorrow
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your army disposal. Do post a restoration thread with work in progress pictures once you start working on it. The body line seems to be in decent shape.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Relax buddy These things at times takes more time then required.. Just keep a trance on where the transport truck is. Anyways congrats on your purchase.

one question from my side... I've heard its very easy to get an X-Army vehicle registered in any state. Please do share your experiance on this as well.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Latest update the Gypsy king has not arrived yet . my guy there says its stuck with the transporter and would be there today or tomorrow
Relax buddy These things at times takes more time then required.. Just keep a trance on where the transport truck is. Anyways congrats on your purchase.

one question from my side... I've heard its very easy to get an X-Army vehicle registered in any state. Please do share your experiance on this as well.

Note to Mods : My bad i quoted a wrong post. Please delet the previous post.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:26   #44
BHPian

Bad news guys the gypsy is still stuck somewhere in the transit. the transporter says it'll reach any time.

in the mean while can any1 from mumbai or delhi help me source the following along with the costing
Attached Thumbnails
With Love from MayaPuri [Gypsy King]-drilled-paddles.jpg  

With Love from MayaPuri [Gypsy King]-rear-mirrors.jpg  

With Love from MayaPuri [Gypsy King]-seat.jpg  

With Love from MayaPuri [Gypsy King]-silencer.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 15:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad news guys the gypsy is still stuck somewhere in the transit. the transporter says it'll reach any time.

in the mean while can any1 from mumbai or delhi help me source the following along with the costing
The pedals would cost from 600-1000
The seats would cost from 8000 Above
The mufler would cost 4600(karol bagh opp to the bus stop)
Mirrors- no clue

I hope these are not for the king.

The pedals will get slippery during OTRs when they are wet
Seats are good options but see if they are made of water proof material
For a little more you can get a complete FFE, anyways if you plan otrs in your gypsy this mufler will let water in.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks