Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 18:57   #136
Senior - BHPian

David i hope you are fitting 3 point seat belts. I can see they are missing, only the belt locating tangs are visible. Do you have the "Jeep" badge as well?

Spike
Old 27th March 2010, 19:34   #137
BHPian

David

Your jeep has come out very well. the color is looking great. Do get the seatbelts fixed asap as Spike pointed out. The manual ones which comes with the Jeep are good enough, i use them in my jeep all the time, and yeh some decals will look good too..

Congrats on a job well done.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 28th March 2010, 11:36   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
David i hope you are fitting 3 point seat belts. I can see they are missing, only the belt locating tangs are visible. Do you have the "Jeep" badge as well?

Spike
Yea the belts are a given it will be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
David

Your jeep has come out very well. the color is looking great. Do get the seatbelts fixed asap as Spike pointed out. The manual ones which comes with the Jeep are good enough, i use them in my jeep all the time, and yeh some decals will look good too..

Congrats on a job well done.

Cheers

Nishanth
Thanks NIshant , the decals will go on once the final polish is done which should be on tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
ex army MM550 in Bombay-020220101399.jpg  

Last edited by davids4x4mm550 : 28th March 2010 at 11:45.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:46   #139
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Thanks NIshant , the decals will go on once the final polish is done which should be on tuesday.
Very nice Jeep David! This is a very interesting color but am not sure how metallic paint will hold once you take it offroad that can cause scratches etc all over! Apart from that it will be quite a magnet for PYTs if you want so

About the Decals, Have you been able to find the big black "Jeep" that came on the old jeeps (both left and right) Am looking for them for my jeep. Any other jeep decals or a place where I can find them from? I kind of like the one which goes something like "If you can read this please turn over the jeep" written upside down!!

Cheers,
Adi
Old 29th March 2010, 16:14   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Very nice Jeep David! This is a very interesting color but am not sure how metallic paint will hold once you take it offroad that can cause scratches etc all over! Apart from that it will be quite a magnet for PYTs if you want so

About the Decals, Have you been able to find the big black "Jeep" that came on the old jeeps (both left and right) Am looking for them for my jeep. Any other jeep decals or a place where I can find them from? I kind of like the one which goes something like "If you can read this please turn over the jeep" written upside down!!

Cheers,
Adi
Im sure it will look even better with some scratches on it Whats PYTs by the way?

No i havent seen the Jeep logo at the place i picked these up from. will let you know if i find it
.................................................. ..................................................

Few of the things i was not able to find in bombay and are pending have requested harjeev to help me out.

Nishant i hope you dont mind me using your pics
Attached Thumbnails
ex army MM550 in Bombay-_6105936.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-151220082802229.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-a11.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-a12.jpg  

Last edited by davids4x4mm550 : 29th March 2010 at 16:19.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:39   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whats PYTs by the way?

No i havent seen the Jeep logo at the place i picked these up from. will let you know if i find it

Few of the things i was not able to find in bombay and are pending have requested harjeev to help me out.

PYTs- Pretty Young Things (he's talking about girls / chicks / babes)

I have the Jeep logo Plates. Easily available here.

You also get the black out lights, parking lights, reflectors etc at opera house. Go to Atlas Motors.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:

No problem David.

Harjeev is really helpful and i am sure he will do his best. I too had asked Harjeev to send the rear tail lamps but later realized they are very easy to find in any auto spares shop. They are used in mini trucks too. The ones i have on the Jeep are bought locally and the i still have the ones harjeev had sent me.

Quote:
Ref. your Decal pic, our Jeeps are MM550XD not MM550DP
DP is the 2.1 ltr engine.

Cheers

Nishanth

Last edited by hgnishanth : 29th March 2010 at 16:47.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:46   #143
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

You also get the black out lights, parking lights, reflectors etc at opera house. Go to Atlas Motors.
Hey Tejas,

How much are those Jeep logo plates? Any idea how much do the black out lights cost? I think I'll need to make a trip to Bbay for picking up stuff for my 540.

Hopefully get it along so that I can go out with you guys on an OTR too! monsoon times though!

Cheers,
Adi
Old 29th March 2010, 16:52   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Hey Tejas,

How much are those Jeep logo plates? Any idea how much do the black out lights cost? I think I'll need to make a trip to Bbay for picking up stuff for my 540.
I think 30-40 bucks for the JEEP ones. Gogi (V16) just bought the black out lights. Ask him. Or go to the Where to get Off Roading equipment in India thread. I've posted the contact details of Atlas Motors there. You can call them up and find out costs for everything.

Quote:
Hopefully get it along so that I can go out with you guys on an OTR too! monsoon times though!
Anytime mate, you're most welcome!
Old 29th March 2010, 18:55   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

lol im a POT (old thing)for the PYTs hahahhaha

I have not checked out with the atlas motors in town but have checked in their andheri branch they cant source the same metal bodied tail lights ill have to ask them about the bo lights ,

If harjeev can source the original ones nothing like it
Old 30th March 2010, 02:14   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
No problem David.

Harjeev is really helpful and i am sure he will do his best. I too had asked Harjeev to send the rear tail lamps but later realized they are very easy to find in any auto spares shop. They are used in mini trucks too. The ones i have on the Jeep are bought locally and the i still have the ones harjeev had sent me.

Ref. your Decal pic, our Jeeps are MM550XD not MM550DP
DP is the 2.1 ltr engine.

Cheers

Nishanth
Yup thats not going on will look out for the XD one lets see what works out
Old 31st March 2010, 12:21   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lol im a POT (old thing)for the PYTs hahahhaha

I have not checked out with the atlas motors in town but have checked in their andheri branch they cant source the same metal bodied tail lights ill have to ask them about the bo lights ,

If harjeev can source the original ones nothing like it
Hey David
buddy the stuff available in Mayapuri is not original as far as the lights, bulbs, blackout and other small small stuff is concerned. Its manufactured very much in Delhi and I doubt whether its the same that's supplied to the army!!!
But as far as big stuff like doors, tailgate, body tub etc is concerned thats original!!
So I guess if you can find the stuff from mumbai it will most likely be the same, more or less.
Cheers
Old 31st March 2010, 18:01   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey David
buddy the stuff available in Mayapuri is not original as far as the lights, bulbs, blackout and other small small stuff is concerned. Its manufactured very much in Delhi and I doubt whether its the same that's supplied to the army!!!
But as far as big stuff like doors, tailgate, body tub etc is concerned thats original!!
So I guess if you can find the stuff from mumbai it will most likely be the same, more or less.
Cheers
oh is it ? i thought the mayapuri guys would have refurbished lights etc which were in ok condition from the jeeps that come in.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:16   #149
Senior - BHPian

No at all dude. They are locally made. I am not saying that they are bad or fake but it just might be possible that these are not from the same manufacturer that supplies to the army or to M&M
Old 31st March 2010, 19:43   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
No at all dude. They are locally made. I am not saying that they are bad or fake but it just might be possible that these are not from the same manufacturer that supplies to the army or to M&M
Harjeev, you are right, there are not many vendors from Delhi area who supply parts for MM 540/Army, most of them are located near Bombay,Pune,Nasik, only a few are from Delhi region.

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks