Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 20:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome dude, i shall get in touch with you soon regarding your mods as i have just picked up a 2004 mpfi. can you PM me your contact number please.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:19   #77
BANNED

Hey Anil - great stuff, your ride really seems to be a perfect fit for the rider (You !) and the backdrop !! (the coastals) !! Congrats on such a beauty.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:43   #78
BHPian

Hi Anil,

The blue color really looks good on your Gypsy. Congrats and enjoy!!!

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Old 11th February 2010, 11:08   #79
BHPian

My Gypsy rebuild - inspired from all you BHPians

Here is another pic with the soft top on ..
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc01794.jpg  

Old 15th February 2010, 10:53   #80
BHPian

My Gypsy rebuild - inspired from all you BHPians

Dear BHPians,

I am planning for some engine swap, i have a wide choice in front of me and hence confused. To start with i finalised to go for a petrol one and the options i have are as follows

1. 2 Litre inline 4 cylinder from Toyota Rav 4 (ACA 20) - 127 BHP
2. 2 Litre inline 4 Cylinder from Mitsubishi Pajero IO - 120 BHP
3. 2.4 Litre inline 4 Cylinder from Toyota Hilux Pickup - 135 BHP

More specifications and photographs will be provided soon.
Old 15th February 2010, 19:49   #81
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats an impressive list but do you really think that much power would be required in a gypsy, why not go for a subtler 1.6 baleno one.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:15   #82
BHPian

Engine swap is easier said than done. What i would sugest is try to find an engine with dimensions similar to that of your orignal engine. I am talking about the external dimenssions like height of the engine, position of the engine mounts, the angle at which the drive shaft will be after the transplant. I feel that there is a lot of home work to be done before finalising on the engine.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:38   #83
BHPian

You have made your machine simple yet so stylish! congrats anil why don't u go for some chrome alloys which will surely enhance the look of your beast!
Old 16th February 2010, 00:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Wow, thats an impressive list but do you really think that much power would be required in a gypsy, why not go for a subtler 1.6 baleno one.
Anil, I second Desmosedici...instead just go ahead with a 1.6L Baleno engine which I guess is more than enough power for a gypsy, and the transplant is more or less hasslefree, and I'd say low on maintenance as well+more reliable.

Spend the extra cash on the alloys instead

and i forgot - get a pair of nice LightForce lamps for the front (i wish i had that kind of cash :( )

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th February 2010 at 09:58. Reason: back to back posts. You can use the edit button
Old 16th February 2010, 04:13   #85
BANNED

^^ you have the cash

back to topic, the engines mentioned above - i would assume it will be easier to mate a maruti engine, the 1.6 for example.

Last edited by saintsinner : 16th February 2010 at 04:14.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
You have made your machine simple yet so stylish! congrats anil why don't u go for some chrome alloys which will surely enhance the look of your beast!
Hi Kumaran, i spent almost a month looking for some good alloy wheels but not found. And most of them were promising to arrange it in 3 weeks time and my holidays were running our by that time .. hence decided to install it before my next vacations. I will upload the pics of wheel i prefer appreicate if any one can help me is sourcing them.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:40   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharakan9 View Post
Engine swap is easier said than done. What i would sugest is try to find an engine with dimensions similar to that of your orignal engine. I am talking about the external dimenssions like height of the engine, position of the engine mounts, the angle at which the drive shaft will be after the transplant. I feel that there is a lot of home work to be done before finalising on the engine.
Dear BHPians, thanks for your advice on the engine swap i wish if we could have more discussions and planings before i start going ahead with it. In addition to the above options recently i found one more which is the 2 Ltr in line 4 cylinder - 127 BHP from vitara 2000 model.

The reason i opted for these engines are because of the easier avaialbility than a baleno engine coz along with baleno engine i need to find the gear box too, here in Dubai the half cut of these vehicles are available in plenty only issue is transporting. Once i upload the picture for these half cuts it will be more clear to discuss.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:26   #88
fk7
BHPian

hi Anil,

i sent you a pm, please call me or send me your number if possible.

firoz
Old 16th February 2010, 14:42   #89
BHPian

Anil,

Suggest to check the engine mountings of the original with the another engine before you order it. The mounting on left side of the new engine might be at different location. This needs a weld on the chassis to support it.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:47   #90
BHPian

A 1.6 has already be transplanted onto a gypsy by Extremepower, he did mentioned the job was not an easy one. And he still has some niggles. But the vehicle is performing really good.
Cheers
MP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks