Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 18:29   #91
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 470
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Anil ver nice restoration , looks amazing, cool colour , the soft looks unique and blends with the vehicle , are those tyres 235 size , if so is the steering very hard compared to previous tyres you have had.
karizma9292 is offline  
Old 18th February 2010, 11:59   #92
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dubai & Alleppey
Posts: 169
Thanked: 705 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Anil ver nice restoration , looks amazing, cool colour , the soft looks unique and blends with the vehicle , are those tyres 235 size , if so is the steering very hard compared to previous tyres you have had.
Hi Karizma, thetyre size are 225/70/R15 the steering is hard but got a bit better with the new steering wheel. We are goin to install powersteering so that the issue will be solved.
Anil Vincent is offline  
Old 7th March 2010, 18:23   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dubai & Alleppey
Posts: 169
Thanked: 705 Times
Default Electronic power steering on Gypsy.

Dear All BHPians, while roaming around in the scrap yard in sharja i found the abundance availabality of the steering cloumn with the electronic power steering (EPS) unit. There is an EPS gear box attached on to the column itself with the wire hanging out. Does any body know the feasibility of installing these EPS unit on Gypsy. These are from suzuki vehicles only, probably Jimny / Vitara. One of the supplier mentioned that it need only a power supply from battery and the directional (left / right) control switch is built in already, but i doubt that there will be an ECU controlling the directional functions and power assistance provided by the unit.

Awaiting your feedbacks.....
Attached Images
 
Anil Vincent is offline  
Old 7th March 2010, 21:45   #94
BHPian
 
HarneetBarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi\Gurga
Posts: 68
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Dear All BHPians, while roaming around in the scrap yard in sharja i found the abundance availabality of the steering cloumn with the electronic power steering (EPS) unit. There is an EPS gear box attached on to the column itself with the wire hanging out. Does any body know the feasibility of installing these EPS unit on Gypsy. These are from suzuki vehicles only, probably Jimny / Vitara. One of the supplier mentioned that it need only a power supply from battery and the directional (left / right) control switch is built in already, but i doubt that there will be an ECU controlling the directional functions and power assistance provided by the unit.

Awaiting your feedbacks.....
Hey Anil,

Nice work on this the Gypsy. Looks great. I would not suggest getting a old PS, because they are easily available in India. I have one installed by Padam motors from Mayapuri Delhi. PS & Installation cost 7.5K. If you can get a brand new made for Suzuki Caribbean, Samurai, Safari or Jimmy it would be great. Yoko(Japan) Power steering would fit easily in Gypsy. I am attaching a pic which shows what all would be needed with the PS. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-picture-011.jpg  

Attached Images
 
HarneetBarmy is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 13:47   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dubai & Alleppey
Posts: 169
Thanked: 705 Times
Default

[quote=Anil Vincent;1614178]Hi Pramod, 1.3 lacs seems to be reasonable for 2000 model for king, but cant predict what is going to be the cost coming up for build up.
Anil Vincent is offline  
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:53   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dubai & Alleppey
Posts: 169
Thanked: 705 Times
Default Mechanical transplant from Jimny

I was busy with job and hence no updates for long time, the holidays are approaching and it is the time to plan for further upgrades. Already started hunting for the same and came across this vehicle recently a 2008 model scrapped Jimny. The seller asks for AED 3000/- (approx 40K Rs) for the whole vehicle, started thinking of what all item can i do the transplant to my Gypsy???
Attached Images
  
Anil Vincent is offline  
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:42   #97
BHPian
 
pradipk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 225
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Hey Anil, your Gypsy turned out very well. First I saw it in other thread (Gypsy pics) and now gone through this entire thread. Superb result of your efforts.
pradipk is offline  
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:52   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 2,283
Thanked: 2,004 Times
Default

The engine and PS is the only thing which you can salvage from this vehicle if you really want to. Speending 40 k for both this would not be a wise idea. Contact mexentric he is in sharjah and he stays here in TVM, he also brought a ps box from sharjah, he might be able to connect you to some people.


Pramod
pramodkumar is offline  
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:07   #99
BHPian
 
Motocoorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland
Posts: 48
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
I was busy with job and hence no updates for long time, the holidays are approaching and it is the time to plan for further upgrades. Already started hunting for the same and came across this vehicle recently a 2008 model scrapped Jimny. The seller asks for AED 3000/- (approx 40K Rs) for the whole vehicle, started thinking of what all item can i do the transplant to my Gypsy???

Cut the body out and put a roll cage and it would make a wicked offroad buggy!

But "offroad only" buggy.
Motocoorg is offline  
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:40   #100
BHPian
 
Sorcererenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/ Delhi
Posts: 89
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2010 at 20:14.
Sorcererenator is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th April 2010, 20:36   #101
BHPian
 
Zorro4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: Once
Default

Hey Anil,

The side mirror on your Gypsy looks cool. Are those from the Bolero? Or are they Dubai returns too ?

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Zorro4X4 is offline  
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:46   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dubai & Alleppey
Posts: 169
Thanked: 705 Times
Default Power steering installation

Finally I found a good condition power steering box for my gypsy and bought it immediately, posting the pics for your comments and suggestion there are 2 main doubts on the installation -

1. How to mount the steering box to the chassis frame?
a) By drilling new holes on to it .. !!
or
b) By fabricating and using an adopater plate with stud bolts..!!

I prefer the easiest, safest & relaible method.

2 Where to mount the steering pump on the engine as i have already A.C compressor installed on, need to know further how to mount both effectively. Appreciate if any one can provide with pictures on both these installed & using.
Attached Images
    
Anil Vincent is offline  
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:43   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Hey Anil , Went through the entire thread. Your ride has come up really well !! Congrats.
How much did the Gypsy cost you in total including the rebuild?

Also how is the AC functioning? How much does the AC generally cost?
harishnayak is offline  
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:53   #104
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 475 Times
Default

Anil Vincent, You may check with MexXentric. He has already done the same PS setup on his Gypsy.
JeepCaptain is offline  
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:52   #105
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 417
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Help Required

Hi Anil,

congrats on a nice project.

need help from all the BHPIANS

i am planning to pick up a gypsy(MG410W HT--1992) model.

it has a hard top 4*4( Blue color) single owner.

can you all suggest me what will be the best price i can give for the vehicle.

it has a 45 litres gas tank(approved).
SPEEDY_RACER is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks