Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 18:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Kudos Anil your gypsy looks Awsume!! ,i guess if u go for Matt black for the Hard top it will be Stunning!!Guess your baby will b out in a week,planning for any Otr??

Regards MI...KI
Yes Miki, i m goin for black soft roof do u have any idea where i can find some good quality material for the roof? Not any OTR planned till now but definetly intend to do it ... please let me know if you have any such plan in december.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Anil
The gypsy is coming out really well. and as miki has said and you too have decided, the black combo will look good!!!

Any other mods planned?

Last edited by harjeev : 9th December 2009 at 20:09.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Yes Miki, i m goin for black soft roof do u have any idea where i can find some good quality material for the roof? Not any OTR planned till now but definetly intend to do it ... please let me know if you have any such plan in december.
Anil we have an Off ROAD CLUB here in Trivandrum ,we are planning for an otr in january date not confimed yet ,but will soon decide by this Sunday,i guess Shibu will be joining us.My gypsy soft top is a water proof material ,which i have done in trivandrum.But dude !!i really dont know where in alleppy you can get dem ,let me ask the name of that material & will let u know.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-extreme.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 13:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Anil
The gypsy is coming out really well. and as miki has said and you too have decided, the black combo will look good!!!

Any other mods planned?
Thanks Harjeev, not any extensive mods planned at the moment due to time restrictions. Also i am thinking of having a covered (flat cover) cargo area at the rear rather than leaving it open. If you have any suggestions or designs on that please help me with.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Anil we have an Off ROAD CLUB here in Trivandrum ,we are planning for an otr in january date not confimed yet ,but will soon decide by this Sunday,i guess Shibu will be joining us.My gypsy soft top is a water proof material ,which i have done in trivandrum.But dude !!i really dont know where in alleppy you can get dem ,let me ask the name of that material & will let u know.
Miki, the soft top material on you vehilce is fabric or synthetic? Here i have seen the materila used on the wrangler which is fabric but fully water proof. ? How about the fabric type material used on plice jeeps, is that a good choice?
Old 10th December 2009, 13:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Miki, the soft top material on you vehilce is fabric or synthetic? Here i have seen the materila used on the wrangler which is fabric but fully water proof. ? How about the fabric type material used on plice jeeps, is that a good choice?
ya dude thats what in my gypsy!!its not material ,but material type as u said,we wont get that kinda material used in Wrangler,here! your choice is really good!! are u keeping the rear seats?? front facing or the stock ones??
Old 10th December 2009, 15:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Kudos Anil your gypsy looks Awsume!! ,i guess if u go for Matt black for the Hard top it will be Stunning!!Guess your baby will b out in a week,planning for any Otr??

Regards MI...KI
He is talking about matt black as in my gypsies.

Talking about OTR. We all are in the very same team - Team 4x4 Xtreme.
Anil, you are most welcome to join the team. Hope to see you this monday.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00989.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00982.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00774.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 16:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Harjeev, not any extensive mods planned at the moment due to time restrictions. Also i am thinking of having a covered (flat cover) cargo area at the rear rather than leaving it open. If you have any suggestions or designs on that please help me with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharakan9 View Post
He is talking about matt black as in my gypsies.

Talking about OTR. We all are in the very same team - Team 4x4 Xtreme.
Anil, you are most welcome to join the team. Hope to see you this monday.
The all black gypsy looks great!!!
Was this black from the factory or re-painted and how much is the maintenance for the matt black! I mean does it get dirty very often??
Old 10th December 2009, 23:02   #39
BHPian

My black gypsy has got a glossy black body and a matt black hard top. The vehicle was repainted and matt black dosnt have any problem with cleaning.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:52   #40
BHPian

back from vacation

Dear All BHPians, sorry for the interruption happened in further updating i was on my vaccation and is back yesterday only. Gypsy is all done and is in final shape except alloy wheels which i was not able to source in time. I will be uploading pics & details in the order it was done.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:47   #41
BHPian

My Gypsy rebuild - inspired from all you BHPians Reply to Thread

This is the how the Gypsy looked when we reached the workshop. Fitting was almost done & was in roadworthy drivable condition. Brakes were cleaned pads & drum was in good condition, All oil changed, Spark plugs changed.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00301.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00303.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00304.jpg  

Old 10th January 2010, 22:36   #42
BHPian

My Gypsy rebuild - inspired from all you BHPians Reply to Thread

The first thing in our list was the seats, we have decided to install original Recaro seats. We decided to alter the seat foundation than altering the platform. Fortunately the denter whom i got was a man of extra ordinary skills who can play with metal how ever we wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00306.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-dsc00314.jpg  

Old 11th January 2010, 00:45   #43
BHPian

you have done a nice work on your gypsy.Are you planning to make it stock or modify to any replica? keep updating with photos!
Old 11th January 2010, 13:46   #44
BHPian

Neat Anil! Congrats on Gypsy! How much did those seats cost you? and how's the soft top coming along?
Old 11th January 2010, 14:34   #45

Nice paint job

Anil, the Gypsy is turning out really well. Love the Bule colour. Any planned mods ? All the best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks