Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 10:28   #376
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tejas, you have such a beautiful Jeep, I am honestly shocked to see it listed in the Classifieds. Please reconsider, Classics are a rare breed today. There's only a handful of well-maintained examples in the country. A future "Classic"? You bet. Why don't you retain the Classic, and still buy another 4x4?

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with engine swaps. Go for the Thar and soup it up the way you want to. Factory fit is factory fit. Period.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:52   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tejas, you have such a beautiful Jeep, I am honestly shocked to see it listed in the Classifieds. Please reconsider, Classics are a rare breed today. There's only a handful of well-maintained examples in the country. A future "Classic"? You bet. Why don't you retain the Classic, and still buy another 4x4?

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with engine swaps. Go for the Thar and soup it up the way you want to. Factory fit is factory fit. Period.
I know. I'm feeling bad. I'd hate to sell her too! However, i can't keep two jeeps. Family will kill me and parking would be an issue.
That's why i have quoted a high price (all the money spend on her till now); so only a true jeep lover will take her. Thing is that, i'd love to go participate at BLR, Chennai and other OTRs. But the thought of driving slowly to such locations kills me and thought of returning even kills me more! Thus, i need something better. Last option is flat towing!
If not gone by september, i'll go for the XD3P and if behram can help me here, then nothing like it. I still wanna drive your jeep. Let me know when you get her to office next time around.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 10th September 2010 at 10:55. Reason: typo
Old 12th September 2010, 21:38   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A future "Classic"? You bet. Why don't you retain the Classic, and still buy another 4x4?
+1, Doc, you can also send it over to Nasik, that gives us an option of experimenting a thing or two

Spike

PS- I am also a true JEEP lover
Old 12th September 2010, 23:19   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
+1, Doc, you can also send it over to Nasik, that gives us an option of experimenting a thing or two

Spike

Spikey, if you can "Thar-ize" my Classic, then nothing like it! I'm serious. I need to know by tuesday night though. Drove her today for a long time on the city roads! Was such fun! Just love the way everyone gives you the thumbs up on the roads!
Old 17th September 2010, 01:09   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

All her bags are packed and she's ready to go.... :(
Old 17th September 2010, 01:30   #381
BHPian

Tejas,

No suspense this time please. Are you serious the classic is gone, who is the lucky chap, who bought it, someone from TBHP?

It is a amzing piece of machine, I fall in love with it, everytime I see it. Still remmember Iday OTR where I and my colleagues were drooling on your Classic.
Old 17th September 2010, 04:03   #382
Senior - BHPian

My first OTR was partially spent in this jepp. Tejas this was a dream machine!
Old 17th September 2010, 18:42   #383
Senior - BHPian

More imortantly guys, whats in store next will be interesting. i think the doc is upto something big. Aint you doc?
Old 17th September 2010, 19:26   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas - PLEASE BUY THE THAR! .

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:

Has the Thar been launched?
Can someone shed some light on this.

After reading the 2 posts i have spent atleast an hour searching for relevant information on the net about the Thar, pertaining to launch date and pricing. I could not find anything.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:55   #385
Senior - BHPian

@Iron,

Thar has not yet been launched in India. Many are awaiting the launch.
For more discussions and debates on the Thar, there are 2 threads in 4x4 vehicles sections, you can refer to those.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...she-blows.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-quotient.html

CHeers.
Old 17th September 2010, 23:34   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
All her bags are packed and she's ready to go.... :(
Tejas, What ever you say, personally I am not at all happy with your decision.But its your Jeep and its your decision.Good Luck with your next 4x4 project.
So did you sell the Jeep with all the accessories or without them?
Old 18th September 2010, 08:09   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, she's gone! I'm sad to see her go but had no choice. But don't worry the plans for the next project are already on the table.
I'm in nashik for the day today (don't speculate why ) and I'll give a full update on the sale and future projects in a couple of days.
Old 19th September 2010, 14:00   #388
BHPian

Hi Tejas,
I think you have taken up Spike's offer.
Old 20th September 2010, 08:56   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Tejas - I also hated to see "MH04AA9897" go but I guess that's the way we move ahead. Buy the Thar as soon as it is launched. .

Yesterday night, I did "Kalyan Phata to Garware Naka Nasik", absolutely flat out in 1 hour and 35 minutes flat in my good old "you know what". The road is practically washed out in some stretches upto Shahpur. I have not allowed my driver to clean the car after Chikmagalur so it is completely full of OTR dust and now looks like a bat straight out of hell. I overtook everything in sight which moved, including a Chevrolet Cruze which was doing 120. Innovas were gobbled uplike nobody's business. I normally turn off onto the service road at Garware phata. As I turned, I smiled to myself and said "whooooo, what power this thing has". Alas, there was nobody to share my smile with, it was 9.15 PM, there was nobody with me, even the road was empty. From Garware phata to my house, which is only half a kilometer down the road, I drive very sedately and enjoy the "king of the road" feeling. This also brings the oil temperature down which is good for the turbo. After parking it, the engine was idling as if nothing has happened. My driver is taking it to Calicut today for the Waynad MGE.

This is what makes my job worth having. Once again, thank you M&M. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th September 2010, 09:34   #390
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

spikey
give us a tinkle when in BLR next!!
got some stuff to discuss ref the monster Thar etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks