Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 22:21   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

FIRST: TOUCH WOOD!!!!

Second, thanks for the praises guys. Makes me a real proud owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
hey tejas congrats man, you got a nice deal, she is in real good condition.

Now we dont have to hitch a ride you got yours and i got mine so lets go for a OTR.
Next week i get minor work done and then definitely lets plan an OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
What? cancel the appointments & prescribe combiflam
lol. Thanks again mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats! That is quite a steal, cleanest Classic I have seen. What are those tyres?
Stock size 215. They are 3 years old. Still have some life left in them. Plan to upsize soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
congratulations on finding such good piece. I wonder how can people be so lucky!! How much did she cost you BTW?
I know it was a fluke find. I 've heard of people searching for years for one in any condition.

BTW: cost me 215,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
C

I see a similar red classic parked by the roadside in Thane almost every week and kept thinking "I've got to get myself one of these". Is this the same one?
This one's from chembur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Congrats Tejas, I was about to call this guy and you stole it before that :-) But i am so happy for you. Do not lose those Mirrors, i think its Original and very hard to come by.

Thanks
--Sree--
You are the third guy telling me about the mirrors. I better scour chor bazaar and keep a set in hand for a rainy day. Thanks.

And thank god i got to him before you did!

Last sunday, i must have spend close to 7 hours straight online going through every thread here on the classic, searching other forums and totally ODed on jeep info. One thing i noticed. The 4x4 section of team-bhp is the most no nonsense section of the entire site. No one talking about making a jeep bling bling or talking high speeds. 99.99% discussions to the point.
'M lovin it. Keep it up guys.

EDIT: @Hellboy: No not that one.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 4th December 2009 at 22:23. Reason: see edit
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2009, 22:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing from my earlier posts:

After GTO's inspection and short TD, he was all praises. I'm quite thankful that he took out time from office to meet me.

I realized it's a JEEP thing. Even when you drive and another Jeeper passes you, you automatically flash your lights or give "the " look to the other guy.

Anyways, back to the post:
GTO scared the bejesus outta me:
"Tejas, keep the car parked in your building, or only go to safe theatres with enclosed parkings or five stars where they have proper parking facilities. Otherwise your car will be stolen in a jiffy. Politicians have a high demand for such cars. Ok, now let's go upto my office and discuss things that need to be worked on the car."

Now i'm already petrified and GTO's parked the car on the road and is asking me to come up. He's like relax,i know the pay and park attendant and then he instructs the dude to take care till i return. But my heart was still in my mouth till i got back.

My plans of parking her on the road are scrapped. Poor OHC has been banished on the road now (under covers ofcourse) till i can make other arrangements.

So, we go up and very patiently he answers all my noob jeep questions. Unfortunately he hadn't got his jeep that day but i will be going to see her soon. I need to know how the seat has been taken further behind.

He gives me basic maintainance tips, dos and don'ts.

He gives me the number of his service guy and whom to meet.

We draw up a comprehensive safety (theft deterrent) plan for the jeep. That is the first thing i'm gonna put into action and what i will not reveal here.

The following things were suggested i need to do in my car:
  • flush all fluids
  • check clutch cable
  • service brakes and adjust play
  • change wiring harness, hose pipes and belts
  • change air filter
  • move rear numberplate or it will break while offroading
  • check the 4x4 and the hubs since the car has never ever been put into 4 wheel drive
  • increase leg room by moving seat behind

Next up, tyres, but i'm waiting for a while on that.

Thanks again GTO, all your little pointers were also very helpful like removing the carpet, custom boombox, custom side fenders, etc

I do have a few more queries, but i will add them later on when i put up more pics.

I was outta town for a few days and the car is covered and tied down and the insurance guy has strictly warned me not to drive till the insurance is transferred (which is by tomo). Then i will uncover her and click pics.
Old 4th December 2009, 23:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
BTW: cost me 215,000.
STEAL!!!! is the word!!!

Quote:
You are the third guy telling me about the mirrors. I better scour chor bazaar and keep a set in hand for a rainy day. Thanks.
You know what? Trammaway (Siva) covered almost all such places in India, so chances are slim . Now you know how valuable are those.

Quote:
And thank god i got to him before you did!
In fact it wasn't for me, i have a Jeep already.

Quote:
One thing i noticed. The 4x4 section of team-bhp is the most no nonsense section of the entire site. No one talking about making a jeep bling bling or talking high speeds. 99.99% discussions to the point.
'M lovin it. Keep it up guys.
Welcome to the 4X4 Section.

Quote:
I realized it's a JEEP thing. Even when you drive and another Jeeper passes you, you automatically flash your lights or give "the " look to the other guy.
Welcome to the world of Jeeps, you might have never experienced the same in your OHC

Quote:
My plans of parking her on the road are scrapped. Poor OHC has been banished on the road now (under covers ofcourse) till i can make other arrangements.
Same goes for my sedan and hatch as well, lol!!!

Quote:
I do have a few more queries, but i will add them later on when i put up more pics.
You Bet!!! Not "Few" more, a "LOT" more, looking forward to help you in whatever little way i can.

Happy Jeeping....

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 4th December 2009 at 23:46.
Old 5th December 2009, 00:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations Tejas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

This one's from chembur
Or is it Ghatkopar? seen a similar one there.
Old 5th December 2009, 01:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Superb buy at an excellent price.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:52   #36
BHPian

Hi Tejas you are one lucky guy for its a steal at 2.15lac. The condition of the jeep is really very good i dont think she has ever been taken offroading. Take good care of her she is a priceless beauty I think she must be the only really stock condition classic on BHP. Cheers man happy offroading.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:45   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
You Bet!!! Not "Few" more, a "LOT" more, looking forward to help you in whatever little way i can.
Ya... a lot of questions are gonna come.

First set of questions:

I'm gonna go to chor bazaar one of these days, so what essential and rare parts should i look for and stock up like mirrors? Hose pipes, belts and all are freely available i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Or is it Ghatkopar? seen a similar one there.
Nope. This one has apparently never been outta of chembur

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Hi Tejas you are one lucky guy for its a steal at 2.15lac. The condition of the jeep is really very good i dont think she has ever been taken offroading. Take good care of her she is a priceless beauty I think she must be the only really stock condition classic on BHP. Cheers man happy offroading.
Yep, she has never done offroading. 4x4 has never been engaged. I gotta get that checked first, if it is still working.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 5th December 2009 at 10:50. Reason: typos
Old 5th December 2009, 10:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow tejas thats one good looking and well maintained classic(touchwood).You sure have struck a gold mine.My heart always skips a beat whenever i see one.
Happy jeeping
Old 5th December 2009, 11:15   #39
BHPian

I suggest you drive her around for a few days and then start all you work, you will come to know all that is needed to be serviced like oil seals if gone hard might start leaking. Check up all oil levels before you do so.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:28   #40
BHPian

Tejas , first Congrats on landing such a beauty . you should be damm vvv lucky & blessed to get such a "Virigin" looking classic . envy you man
Old 5th December 2009, 11:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

tejas congrats on your classic. This is one heck of a find you've got there. It's in mint condition I must say, for a jeep that's 10 years old.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Red Monster Tejas. You have indeed got hold of a fantastic piece. I couldn't believe I was seeing such a clean and immaculate Classic when we met the other day. Plus you got those aftermarket alloys as standard on it. i love your Jeep spare wheel cover.

Enjoy your Jeep experience and hope to see it again soon
Old 5th December 2009, 12:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Tejas,

Best possible price you got the mint condition vehicle. Congratulations again! What ever you do, retain the classic stature
Old 5th December 2009, 13:25   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
I suggest you drive her around for a few days and then start all you work, you will come to know all that is needed to be serviced like oil seals if gone hard might start leaking. Check up all oil levels before you do so.
Yup, already driven 150 kilometers. See the list of work i have planned to do. I think it's comprehensive for starters. Anything else you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Plus you got those aftermarket alloys as standard on it. i love your Jeep spare wheel cover.
Those alloys are OEM if i'm not mistaken. The wire rims were sold from 1996-1998 and then these were introduced (i think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Tejas,

Best possible price you got the mint condition vehicle. Congratulations again! What ever you do, retain the classic stature
thanks. yes, i will retain her stock as much as possible.

More queries:
- anyone knows who make a good body cover? i plan to keep the car open and since i don't have an enclosed parking, i will need a body cover. Currently i am using a friend's scorpio body cover and it's too big and need to weight it down or it acts as a parachute and flies off.

- i need service and owners manual. can anyone scan and mail or photocopy and courier? i will collect courier + reimburse photocopying charges. plz.
Old 5th December 2009, 14:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Some people have all the luck in the world. There are a lot of people after the classic and one falls right into your lap, when you are looking for a Gypsy, after all !

A classic is one of my wet dreams, hence I will join the neighbor's envy club. But I wish you happy motoring and lots and lots of offroad adventures.

Please start prescribing more combiflam and upload them pictures !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks