Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 12:41   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I have been breaking my head for the same reason. I have done a lot of thinking since the width of the tub is too narrow to fit GOOD bucket seats and still HAVE SPACE for ingress!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Or simply just go stock and fit the ones like I have. Its a bench yet can seat two.
Ok guys. Hold your horses. I have a project in mind by which i will be able to fit seats, allow ingress and also have under seat storage. I just need time to fine tune and execute. Will post details soon.

BTW, any ideas about my clutch issue?
Old 16th January 2010, 19:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Ok guys. Hold your horses. I have a project in mind ......... I just need time to fine tune and execute. Will post details soon.
Eagerly awaiting details, would be very helpful for my Jeep's cause

Quote:
BTW, any ideas about my clutch issue?
Did you do water fording? I did recently and had the same issue. Post 99. Luckily it solved by itself and no further issues. If you feel the need, open up the clutch and get a overhaul since you never opened it since purchase, it may be a good time to do it (after the 1st OTR)
Old 18th January 2010, 09:00   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you do water fording? I did recently and had the same issue. Post 99. Luckily it solved by itself and no further issues. If you feel the need, open up the clutch and get a overhaul since you never opened it since purchase, it may be a good time to do it (after the 1st OTR)
No. I just didn't use the jeep for week and the play has increased. That's all. I just want to know if i should be worried about it.

Went for an OTR yesterday. Need to get a tyre upgrade very soon.
Old 25th January 2010, 22:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

Woohoo!! I havent been visiting the 4 * 4 thread since a LONG time! Congrats brother! Happy happy happy for you! Cheers!
Old 26th January 2010, 22:31   #110
BHPian

Hi Tejas,
Pleasant surprise catching you today evening at Haji Ali. Thanks for calling out. I have been following up on your classic thread for quite some time. Felt Nice to see you in person.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:01   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Hi Tejas,
Pleasant surprise catching you today evening at Haji Ali. Thanks for calling out. I have been following up on your classic thread for quite some time. Felt Nice to see you in person.
Hey, it was nice seeing another bhpian in bombay! Is your safari 4x4? I liked your wheels!
Old 27th January 2010, 18:41   #112
BHPian

Thanks. Your classic is a real headturner.
Mine is a 2wd. I was not into offroading and hence did not pay serious heed to that option at the time of purchase. I really wanted it for long distance travel. I did a Mount Abu- Udaipur followed by a Wayanad trip last year and really enjoyed my ride. After seeing whar adc has achieved with his 2wd on unbelievable terrain I am really short of words.
But after reading the various 4x4 threads on team bhp I too am tempted to go for a purebred offroader. I am keeping my eyes open for a good condition SWB 4x4 (Classic/ CJ 340). Orelse the thar if it is to be launched soon and the gurus give it a thumbs up. I am hooked onto that thread too.
In Bombay parking space is a big concern (financially) and it is difficult to have a vehicle to suit every need.
Old 9th February 2010, 14:43   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE:

Completely burned out the jeep's electricals last weekend after an OTR. Jeep out of action till i completely redo the wiring.
My design for rear front facing seats which can be folded to make a storage area is now ready and feasible. Will get it done as soon as the jeep is running and can go to the fabricator.

Also toying with the idea of a engine swap or getting a overdrive installed.

New tyres and music system in the offing as well.

EDIT: Found a place in bombay who has stock of soft top, frames, doors, fenders, bumpers, etc for the classic and the cj340. PM me if you want details or want me to pick up something.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 9th February 2010 at 14:49. Reason: see edit
Old 16th February 2010, 12:48   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

OK. Electricals temporarily sorted out.

Another issue:
I'm fed up with the current design of the classic's dashboard. I keep banging my knee. I'm planning to discard the entire unit and just go for the simple look like the Cj340 with the center console.
Just wondering, can i fit a bolero dashboard in the classic? Is it a direct fit? I need the extra cubby spaces and i can use the blower vents after fitting just a normal blower without an AC.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:55   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK. Electricals temporarily sorted out.

Another issue:
I'm fed up with the current design of the classic's dashboard. I keep banging my knee. I'm planning to discard the entire unit and just go for the simple look like the Cj340 with the center console.
Just wondering, can i fit a bolero dashboard in the classic? Is it a direct fit? I need the extra cubby spaces and i can use the blower vents after fitting just a normal blower without an AC.
Tejas,

Why are you spoiling your classic buddy? Engine swap and now dashboard change. If you aren't happy about the way it is please sell it and buy that suits your build and taste. I read else where that you were looking for a good gypsy and you bumped into a classic. Both are as different as chalk and cheese. I think what you really needed was a Gypsy.

If a/c fitment is your issue contact GTO. He has a super aircon in his classic. Bolero dash will not fit on classic.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:57   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Tejas,

Why are you spoiling your classic buddy? Engine swap and now dashboard change.
Just keeping options open. After getting feedback on JT, i have reconsidered my decision about the engine swap.

The dash is more of a necessity since my leg bangs against the dash while pressing the clutch (i'm 6 feet tall). Infact behram had suggested on day 1 to change to the cj340 instrument cluster.

I don't want to fit an AC though.

Yes, i was looking for a gypsy but i have fallen in love with this jeep!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 16th February 2010 at 14:58. Reason: typo
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:15   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

After yesterday's OTR, my classic has developed a rattling sound. I suspect that the idler pulley is loose. It's like a knocking sound. It's there while at idle and even while driving. What else could it be?
Will be taking her to the garage tomorrow to check it out. Also, if it is the idler pulley problem, what should be done? Tighten? Replace? Something else?
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:40   #118
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, can you specific on where the rattling noise is coming from. Jeeps (or any car for that matter) can be specific on which part of the vehicle rattles. Front/back from the driver seat, underbody or tub area?
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:16   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tejas, can you specific on where the rattling noise is coming from. Jeeps (or any car for that matter) can be specific on which part of the vehicle rattles. Front/back from the driver seat, underbody or tub area?
It's from the engine bay and 99% the pulley. It seems to wobble when engine is on. But when off, i can't seem to shake it.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:24   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's from the engine bay and 99% the pulley. It seems to wobble when engine is on. But when off, i can't seem to shake it.
Is the 'pulley' the belt? Sorry, i dont understand tech words here. Did you leave the engine in running position (with wheel blocks/hand brake) & go around the jeep, under-over, put your head into engine bay et.all. If something is 'wobbling' you can see it with your naked untrained eye. I do it every week one and thats how I caught the loose gearbox cross member.

-------Edit------
How far is the rear-seats project implemented?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks