Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 08:21   #481
BHPian

Re: An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Is there a way to convert all locks to open with one key like in modern cars?

My new jeep will have a key for the ignition, then for glove box, center console, rear storage compartment, underseat box. Any ideas if it can be done?
Tejas,
This is one Cavity I surely love..
Regarding the locks I believe it can be done by a good locksmith. What they do is the adjust the inner tumbler settings of the lock so that it can be operated by a single key. I hope this info helps.
Regards
Salil
scphanse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 10:50   #482
BHPian

Re: An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the off

If you ever get tired of this monster you have created, and want to sell it off, Please Please PM me.

It is like someone has interpreted my perfect 4x4 perception and brought it to life. Kudos to your creation / design.

Brgds,
Vishal
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:02   #483
BHPian

Hello Tejas,
I have seen some photos of the CAVITY in the MCUBE thread and I think I will not be wrong in speaking for myself and a lot of other 4x4 enthusiasts that we want more.
Can you please post some more pictures showing max. articulation, wading depth etc?
Were you pleased with the offroad performance?
Also, with the spoa and the offroad tyres how predictable is the handling and braking performance on the highway?
What color have you planned for her?
Lastly, were the Thar Crde's which participated in the event also successfully manage to cross the obstacles without damaging their front suspensions?
I am asking a lot of questions but the mind is curious.
Thanks for your time.
Regards.
Old 30th August 2012, 01:16   #484
BHPian

Quote:
WIP: fine tuning of suspension, raising the seat height a bit, final color and lambi work, dash, interiors, fixing rattles, etc.

A lot of work still left.

Wait for the thread to see the phoenix rise and what all has gone into making her what she is today.

No need for spare battery, the regular one is just fine.
Hi Tejas,

Waiting for the thread on Cavity. Pls do put it up as soon as possible. Incredible looking machine and very drool worthy from the pic seen so far. Would be good to have a thread showcasing it on the forum.

Thanks.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:56   #485
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Wow awesome looking jeep Tejas!! Why 'Cavity'? Because of your pocket ?!? Waiting for the build pics...
Old 30th August 2012, 18:57   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Wow awesome looking jeep Tejas!! Why 'Cavity'? Because of your pocket ?!? Waiting for the build pics...
Tejas is a dentist!
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 22:47   #487
Senior - BHPian

Doc, we need more close up pics of the Jeep. All sides, Interiors etc. Could you upload those please. Would give a very good idea for everyone who wants to follow it as i feel the design and the execution has been superb!
Old 4th September 2012, 12:57   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Soon guys soon... The thread is long and still in assembly line!

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-screen-shot-20120904-12.56.34-pm.png

EDIT:

This is the sticker allan stuck on the back :

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-cavity.jpg

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 4th September 2012 at 13:18.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 13:37   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 980657

EDIT:

Attachment 980663
That is a pretty neat sticker. Looks like a molar interpretation of Saruman. Going by how this cavity ticks off all the must-have points for many, it will become an essential reference point (filling, if you may) for many other Jeeps to come.
codelust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 12:28   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Soon guys soon... The thread is long and still in assembly line!

Attachment 980657

EDIT:

Attachment 980663
Dear Tejas,

That a fantastic looking jeep. I am not sure why it was sold in the first place.

Is the new thread (new project ) up yet ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 12:32   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Dear Tejas,

That a fantastic looking jeep. I am not sure why it was sold in the first place.

Is the new thread (new project ) up yet ?
Thanks.

New thread is not up as yet.

Classic was sold due to number of reasons as mentioned previously in the thread.

I did feel bad initially and still do sometimes but some how i feel my decision wasn't all that bad after i see samurai's and svsantosh's SWB jeeps also being sold for similar reasons.
Old 11th January 2013, 15:30   #492
BHPian

Hi Tejas its been more than 7 months since any SOLID update, I hope the Jeep is coming up in good shape. I am sure many others like myself are eagerly awaiting an update. I have seen the photographs of your Jeep from the Mahindra Great Escape, my brother who saw it in flesh and clicked pics couldn't stop speaking about it for weeks.

I know for a fact that its nothing like anything we have ever seen here and much more though it would really help if you could update the thread and tell us what all you have done to it, what all challenges/problems you faced and how you overcame them to make the Jeep what it is today. It will help others to learn from your experience.

Update awaited.

Cheers

Turboholic
Turboholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 18:33   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks.

We are close to finishing her. She's stripped down for final paint and interiors are also getting ready. I have no new snaps to share unfortunately since she's again been opened up.

Hoping a month more to complete.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:23   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Colour confusion happening.

Some friends saying go bright, some saying don't go bright.

Did some basic photoshopping. Not very good at it. Imagine the following in glossy shades.

What say? Any other colour options?

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-blue.jpg

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-green.jpg

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-orange.jpg

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-red.jpg

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-yellow.jpg
Old 15th February 2013, 14:22   #495
Senior - BHPian

Id go for the Glossy Blue or the matt yellow. Not the green for obvious "Fudgy" reasons The vine red is also put due to another friend's jeep already done in similar colours. I quite liked the matt grey "Astar" colour but the glossy blue should hit he spot or the yellow too.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks