Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 05:28   #76
BHPian

Tejas,
Today I first time gone through your (our) thread. After a long time I am feeling me among real drivers. Driving a jeep is a thrill, which can never be felt in any car. This thread is going in such a manner that we all are nearby you and talking face to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
- i need service and owners manual. can anyone scan and mail or photocopy and courier? i will collect courier + reimburse photocopying charges. plz.
Doctor,
You are an old offroder. Do not live in dreams. It is not possible to get this in easy way. It is a vehicle of enthusiasts and enthusiasts most often they do not care about these type papers. Why not you ask to GTO? If GTO do not have approach the M&M dealer. Get the manuals at earliest. Search out some one, who has some friendly relation in any M&M agency.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:26   #77
BHPian

Congratulations doctor.She is in very good condition.Keep her that way.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:56   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
You are an old offroder. Do not live in dreams.
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
It is not possible to get this in easy way. It is a vehicle of enthusiasts and enthusiasts most often they do not care about these type papers. Why not you ask to GTO? If GTO do not have approach the M&M dealer. Get the manuals at earliest. Search out some one, who has some friendly relation in any M&M agency.
I know. Don't you think I have tried all possible ways to get the manual? As a last resort, i asked here.

Anyways, here are a few snaps of the jeep as emailed to me before i bought her.
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-001.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-002.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-005.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-006.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-008.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-010.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-011.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-mahindra-classic-013.jpg  

Old 18th December 2009, 12:28   #79
BHPian

@ Tejas,
Congrats on a new buy.
Mahindra Classic 4x4 is always a dream for college students like me.
Why don't you try to get the manual by directly emailing Mahindra & Mahindra ??
I think they may help you.
Try to have a scale model of jeep now, the one in red color is available in local toy stores, made by Centy Toys, Delhi; nice detailing along with tilting windshield.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:44   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Try to have a scale model of jeep now, the one in red color is available in local toy stores, made by Centy Toys, Delhi; nice detailing along with tilting windshield.
Where??? Gimme an address! ASAP!
Old 18th December 2009, 13:54   #81
BHPian

For getting a scale model of Mahindra Classic 4x4, here is the address:
Prabhat Gift Centre
L.J.Road, Near Aaswad Hotel, Mahim
OR
Dadar Novelty / Laxmi Stores
Ranade Road, Popatlal Chawl, Dadar
OR
If you can wait till 10th January 2010 as my exam finishes, I can personally give it to you as I have 2 of them, which I have bought for Rs.70/-.
Will you please PM me your mobile number ???

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th December 2009 at 18:10. Reason: Please avoid extra formattiong unless really needed, thanks
Old 20th December 2009, 00:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

A master-piece

Dr. Tejas (or should I call you doc )

First of all, congrats on getting yourself a Classic. This is an automobile that most people do not even dream of owning and you just got yourself one!! I know how it feels to own one as I have had one for over 5 years now. As GTO said, people spend years looking for a neat conditioned Classic - I am one of those. I spent 2 years looking for one, did not get one so bought myself a (then-newely-launched) M&M Bolero Invader and then sold it for a huge loss as soon as I found a good conditioned Classic. I got a 2000 model in 2004, done only 35,000 kms for Rs. 2,10,000! Now THAT'S a steal

In the last five years of ownership, my Classic has taken me and my wife on numerous off-road adventures as well as highway (yes!!) sojourns, including Bangalore - Munnar - Kodai - Ooty - Bangalore and never ever let us down. It is as reliable as the sun provided you maintain it well!!

Attaching a pic of my pride!!

Cheers and enjoy your Classic. And do take good care of it - it will never let you down and instill the sense of ownership pride matched by very few vehicles...
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-palar-049.jpg  

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th December 2009 at 00:15.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2009, 09:54   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Attaching a pic of my pride!!
Very very very well maintained!
Do post long term reviews of your ride.
Old 20th December 2009, 17:48   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Custom Jeep Cover

Sunday is JEEP day. Called my sofawalla in to make a custom cover like the ones sold by Bestop for the Wranglers and other American Jeeps.
Pictures explained:
1. Scorpio cover that i used till now. Took a long time to cover and remove. Difficult to stow away.
2. Cutting according to size.
3. Final cut.
4. Stitching.
5. Final finish.
6. How it is secured to the body.
7. Need to get more of the brackets attached, so using a clip temporarily.
8. Rear View
9. ORVM velcro gaps
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0174.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0175.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0176.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0178.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0184.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0187.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0185.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0186.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_0188.jpg  

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 20th December 2009 at 17:53. Reason: Pictures explained
Old 20th December 2009, 18:46   #85
Team-BHP Support

Hwy Congratz Tejas, thats a very good piece. Enjoy the mud!
Old 21st December 2009, 09:46   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Innovative solution for a car cover, Tejas.

Bumped into the newest member of the Bombay 4x4 family last week. Two Classics by the side of the road (seeing even one is rare)!

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-16122009035.jpg
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:58   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm getting a lot of black smoke from the exhaust at higher revs. What could be the cause and what's the solution? Oil level is fine.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:13   #88
BHPian

Black Smoke at high revs is normal on diesel vehicles. It is a problem when you get black smoke under normal driving as well. This can be usually sorted out by adjusting the air/ fuel mixture if nothing more serious has gone wrong.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:55   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Black Smoke at high revs is normal on diesel vehicles. It is a problem when you get black smoke under normal driving as well. This can be usually sorted out by adjusting the air/ fuel mixture if nothing more serious has gone wrong.
Thanks ankit. The black smoke comes not only at max rpm, but whenever i accelerate as well. At cruising speed, no smoke. And frankly, it is embarrassing to spew out black smoke.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:18   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I'm getting a lot of black smoke from the exhaust at higher revs. What could be the cause and what's the solution? Oil level is fine.
Congrats for getting hold of such a clean piece.
Black smoke though common in diesels can be attributed to various reasons such as dirty air filter, faulty injectors etc.
This link has some useful info
United Diesel UK – Diesel Engine Smoke Explained

Most Viewed