Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 09:05   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Can someone please give me an idea on how much should the old alloys be worth and how much should the BF Goodrich 215/75/R15 cost. A Set of 5.
Harjeev,
They won't give you more than 7-8K depending if the chrome hasn't chipped off.

Amar
Old 18th December 2009, 22:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update on the Gypsy
Received the vehicle from the workshop on the 14th December. The following jobs were done. Listing the major parts that were changed (with prices)

1. Spark Plugs 4 no (212.08)
2. Fuel Filter (725)
3. Filter oil (70)
4. Clutch (cover 1226), (Disc 1487) & Release Bearing (1302)
5. ORVM RHS (115
6. Brake Pads (454)
7. Leaf spring bush RR (162)
8. Coolant (311)
9. Brake Fluid 250ml (137)
10. Engine Oil 4.3l (910)
11. Gear Oil 1.3l (360)
Including all the above the cost of the total parts was 8700.00 including VAT of approx 1040 approx
Labor Charges were for Paid service, Clutch overhaul, break's overhaul and some other misc work, tail gate repair, etc etc 2200 approx
Bevel Pinion Bearing & Labor for bearing changed under warranty
I am not too happy with the clutch. when the vehicle has to be moved from stationary it has to be accelerated with the clutch slightly depressed.
Old 19th December 2009, 07:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

There's another wierd noise that I've noticed yesterday. It comes from the front left wheel or that area and is not always there!!! This much I know that its there because of the wheel rotating.

I am off to the workshop today to get the clutch adjusted and this noise checked
Old 21st December 2009, 20:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

The weird noise from the front wheel was diagnosed as a faulty FWH. This is soon be replaced.
The play in the clutch was set, though I am still not happy but the workshop that this is the difference between the diesels and petrols. Will have to take the opinion of another gypsy owner and then take a call.

What am I now facing is that the throttle is behaving quite wierd. Sometimes the vehicle revs quite high (like it does in the morning on a cold start) and other times the vehicle simply switches off. Also when changing gears the throttle/revs simply goes down to such an extent that and I change the gear the vehicle gives a big jerk like its started in a gear!!!
All is is happening on warm engine so the cold engine thing is ruled out!

They have serviced/ cleaned some part (the part is not there in the picture) and they referred it as Throttle Body (whatever that is) This part was removed and cleaned but no avail.

Gypsy owners/ experts need advise here

(pic enclosed)
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-19122009644.jpg  

Last edited by harjeev : 21st December 2009 at 20:33.
Old 21st December 2009, 20:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
The weird noise from the front wheel was diagnosed as a faulty FWH. This is soon be replaced.
The play in the clutch was set, though I am still not happy but the workshop that this is the difference between the diesels and petrols. Will have to take the opinion of another gypsy owner and then take a call.

What am I now facing is that the throttle is behaving quite wierd. Sometimes the vehicle revs quite high (like it does in the morning on a cold start) and other times the vehicle simply switches off.
They have serviced/ cleaned some part (the part is not there in the picture) this part was removed and cleaned but no avail.

Gypsy owners/ experts need advise here

(pic enclosed)
Harjeev, I suggest you take it to Raj Kapoor or Vaibhav, let them drive it and give you feeback on the Gypsy.
I have very limited knowledge with MPFI engines so cant comment.

Shibu
Old 21st December 2009, 21:52   #81
BHPian

Quote:
What am I now facing is that the throttle is behaving quite wierd. Sometimes the vehicle revs quite high (like it does in the morning on a cold start) and other times the vehicle simply switches off. Also when changing gears the throttle/revs simply goes down to such an extent that and I change the gear the vehicle gives a big jerk like its started in a gear!!!
All is is happening on warm engine so the cold engine thing is ruled out!

Take the Gypsy to MASS and have them check the ECU/ECM for errors. I am sure its some sensor malfunctioning. Possible the air intake sensor. If it still dosent help check the Fuel Pump. I had this issue in my MPFI esteem where it use to start missing and dropping RPM if the fuel was filled more than half tank, after getting the injectors and throttel body cleaned (that you have already done i beleave) the issue was resoloved by replacing the fuel pump.

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 21st December 2009 at 21:55.
Old 21st December 2009, 21:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the Gypsy
I am not too happy with the clutch. when the vehicle has to be moved from stationary it has to be accelerated with the clutch slightly depressed.
So what happens if you release the clutch and don't accelerate with the gear in 1st. Whats the idle RPM on your tachometer.
You need to go to a good maruti workshop if the preswnt one doesn't fix this problem of idling and cutting off in your gypsy engine.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 21st December 2009 at 21:59.
Old 21st December 2009, 22:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

harjeev

you face the problem all the time or just at cold start as most of mpfi engines have higher RPMs at cold start and the it gradually settles down nicely.
Old 21st December 2009, 22:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
harjeev

you face the problem all the time or just at cold start as most of mpfi engines have higher RPMs at cold start and the it gradually settles down nicely.
Harjeev posted above, "All is is happening on warm engine so the cold engine thing is ruled out!"
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Harjeev, I suggest you take it to Raj Kapoor or Vaibhav, let them drive it and give you feeback on the Gypsy.
I have very limited knowledge with MPFI engines so cant comment.

Shibu
I am getting the vehicle serviced/ looked at at MOTORCRAFT (MASS). Taking the vehicle there today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
Take the Gypsy to MASS and have them check the ECU/ECM for errors. Already at MASS
I am sure its some sensor malfunctioning. Possible the air intake sensor. If it still dosent help check the Fuel Pump. I had this issue in my MPFI esteem where it use to start missing and dropping RPM if the fuel was filled more than half tank, after getting the injectors and throttel body cleaned (that you have already done i beleave) the issue was resoloved by replacing the fuel pump.
Ill have the fuel pump checked. I too guess that the issue is because of a sensor only. lets see
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
So what happens if you release the clutch and don't accelerate with the gear in 1st. Whats the idle RPM on your tachometer.

I dont have a tacho, Plan to get one soon
However if I release it very gradually it doesnt stall, always.
I need to get an opinion of another Gypsy veteran

You need to go to a good maruti workshop if the preswnt one doesn't fix this problem of idling and cutting off in your gypsy engine.
Attaching a pictures of the invoice of my Gypsy
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-gypsy-bill-motorcraft-december-2009-42435kms.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 20:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting the vehicle serviced/ looked at at MOTORCRAFT (MASS). Taking the vehicle there today.

However if I release it very gradually it doesnt stall, always.
I need to get an opinion of another Gypsy veteran
When a clutch is overhauled one finds a lot of grooves due to wear on the cover assembly as well as the flywheel. Mosttimes the fly wheel is removed and skimmed on a lathe, ever so little so as to remove these groves. Hoever the depth of the fly wheel where the plate sits with respect of the face where the cover assembly fits also changes. Most good machne shops skim this face too, so that the flywheel specs are as per the original. You will have to find out what exactly was done on your gypsy flywheel. Too much depth and the clutch cover diaphram where the thrust bearing pushes will be too much out. And the operation could feel different.
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:52   #87
Team-BHP Support

Most of the gypsy i have chanced upon have a weird clutch setting including my old carb gyspy and another brand new one, usually the travel is limited which makes it tricky to drive off from stand still, plus the additional load the tranny puts on the engine which causes the stalling if you dont modulate the throttle accordingly. This per say is not a fault, rather one has to adjust the driving habit, i faced great difficulty adapting once i got used to the diesel engine On the other hand khan's spidey with crawler kit absolute ulta!

But MPFI idle without throttle inputs should be constant once heated up, raised RPM can be a stuck cable or throttle body (similar to butterfly assembly in carb) or the throttle body sensor which needs the cleaning. Also check for any air leaks on the intake side.

EDIT: am no expert, just sharing my experience lol

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2009 at 21:53.
Old 25th December 2009, 19:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
Thanks for the inputs and suggestions. I went to the workshop and the workshop guys worked a little on the throttle and the revs. Actually the idle revs were a little retarded whatever that means, am not sure. But after that the clutch is much better and drivable. Also the workshop guys said that the gypsy in not meant for start and stop traffic so I will naturally have to use a little clutch while starting from standstill. But I am happy the the issue is now resolved.

The second thing which was troubling me was that the RPM behaved weirdly sometimes. This issue is still there, but not always. The other day I drove about 60 kms and faced the issue only once during the entire drive. So will have to see how this one spans out.
Ill drive it around and see whether this issue causes any problems.

Next update Got the tyres this week

Last edited by harjeev : 25th December 2009 at 19:44.
Old 27th December 2009, 01:39   #89
BHPian

Hey Harjeeev
So what tyres make/size have you opted for?
Old 28th December 2009, 17:50   #90
BHPian

Good to know that the issue has been resolved. If I remember correctly you are planing to participate in the Raid next year. In that case it will be a good idea to strip off the vehicle and reassemble it and relpace anything that is not in place. (all the Raid pro`s do that) that will take care of all the issues you are facing. You should do that at lease once before you install the roll cage in case you are planning to get one. I do not own a Gypsy but have driven some and have seen many rally drivers do it. I just realised all of them rev the car before letting go the clutch, so instead of sliping the clutch you can try reving the engine higher and then let go the clutch.

Quote:
Hey guys
Thanks for the inputs and suggestions. I went to the workshop and the workshop guys worked a little on the throttle and the revs. Actually the idle revs were a little retarded whatever that means, am not sure. But after that the clutch is much better and drivable. Also the workshop guys said that the gypsy in not meant for start and stop traffic so I will naturally have to use a little clutch while starting from standstill. But I am happy the the issue is now resolved.

The second thing which was troubling me was that the RPM behaved weirdly sometimes. This issue is still there, but not always. The other day I drove about 60 kms and faced the issue only once during the entire drive. So will have to see how this one spans out.
Ill drive it around and see whether this issue causes any problems.

Next update Got the tyres this week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks