Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 11:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

I will take the vehicle to MASS tomorrow for normal servicing, change of oil (engine, gearbox, etc), gearbox seal and general checkup.
Other things that immediately come to my mind are the lock assembly & leaf springs.
I got the clutch adjusted and its much better now. Will just get it checked up and not replaced, if its not required.
Further I am thinking as the the vehicle has been regularly serviced at MASS (I got the history of the vehicle checked), Ill stick to the Maruti recommended maintenance schedule rather than to go and get parts replaced which are not required to done at 42k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
While your are at it, I suggest that you get your front hubs re greased, put new seals and check the condition of kingpin bearings too.
Maruti recommends re-greasing every 20,000 kms but not many people do it.
Check with the previous owner if he got it done at the 40,000 kms service.

Cheers
Thanks for the info Vaibhav. Will get it done.

I got the FWH or lockable hubs installed yesterday.
Here is the pic of the installation

@Ankit
I told the guy for your hubs and he said that its just a 1/2 hour job, so whenever you are in this part of town, call me and Ill give you his number. You can get them in your gypsy.
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-173626.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-173713.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-174007.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-175807.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-175816.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-175828.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-180938.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-180952.jpg  

Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-free-wheeling-hubs-gypsy-09122009-181257.jpg  

harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2009, 12:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Oh dear Harjeev, you have bought a 2006 gypsy in excellent condition and first pics you post are of the gerage. Oye take it to the mountain-shountain, take it to the track. Show us some sexy pics yaar.. These checkups and things to do will keep on going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Further I am thinking as the the vehicle has been regularly serviced at MASS (I got the history of the vehicle checked), Ill stick to the Maruti recommended maintenance schedule rather than to go and get parts replaced which are not required to done at 42k kms.
I totally agree with this statement. Enjoy it buddy. The enjoyment factor should be 70% and WIP farcot not more than 30% in your case.
Old 11th December 2009, 01:51   #63
BHPian

Congrats harjeev ... gypsy is really a great offroader, i also love my gypsy but need to sell it due to the parking problem. :( The one i am using is also a mpfi gypsy king and it performs better compared to carb one.

Just wanna ask u that why you are adding these hubs when you can easily engage the 4 wheel from inside the gypsy ?
Old 11th December 2009, 08:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Oh dear Harjeev, you have bought a 2006 gypsy in excellent condition and first pics you post are of the gerage. Oye take it to the mountain-shountain, take it to the track. Show us some sexy pics yaar.. These checkups and things to do will keep on going.
Hahaha Yogesh you totally read my mind. I am taking it to the workshop today to get it serviced and change the front leaf's. If everything goes ok, I am going to Chandigarh tomorrow to attend a marriage. So I might take the Zuki
Lets see!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungeek View Post
Congrats harjeev ... gypsy is really a great offroader, i also love my gypsy but need to sell it due to the parking problem. :( The one i am using is also a mpfi gypsy king and it performs better compared to carb one.
I know Danish. Infact I spoke to you last week regarding your gypsy. the 2004 registered in Dehradun! Right?
Best of luck with your sale!!!

Quote:
Just wanna ask u that why you are adding these hubs when you can easily engage the 4 wheel from inside the gypsy ?
I tried to type an asnwer then searched and got a crisp answer. After reading this you would be able to understand them much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
4X4Addict & GTO, This is what I found.

Freewheel hub:
  1. A type of hub fitted to the front axle of some four-wheel drive vehicles, in which the drive to the front wheels can be disconnected when the front axle is not being driven.
Dictionary of Automotive Terms Abbreviations

---------

what is it do? I could not understand by reading it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
In part time four wheel drive sytems when you drive in two wheel drive mode the Front axles/drive shaft is disconnected from the transfer case but they are still connected to the front wheels. Hence when the front wheels turn, they also turn the front axles/drive shaft. This has a number of drawbacks, Energy/power/milage gets wasted by turning the front axles/drive shaft when not needed. Secondly it adds to wear and tear of the front axles/drive shaft even when the jeep is driven in two wheel drive mode.

The free wheeling hubs disconnect the front wheels from the front drive shaft/axles so the front wheels can turn freely without having to turn the front shaft/axles along with the wheel, thereby conserving power/milage/energy and decreasing the wear and tear on the front drive line.

Last edited by harjeev : 11th December 2009 at 08:59.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:55   #65
BHPian

Harjeev,
These chrome wheels look odd on Gypsy, i think you should go for deep steel rims or go for machined finished alloys or stock rims. Its just a suggestion. Other than that your gypsy looks fabulous.

Amar
Old 11th December 2009, 14:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Harjeev,
These chrome wheels look odd on Gypsy, i think you should go for deep steel rims or go for machined finished alloys or stock rims. Its just a suggestion. Other than that your gypsy looks fabulous.

Amar
Agree totally!
Ive already ordered 5 new stock steel rims and whenever Ill buy new tyres will mount them on the stock rims. Still deciding on the tyres. Am thinking BF AT's size either 215/75's or 235/70's?

Will be selling the alloys. Any idea how much could I expect for these

Machine finished alloys are a little out of my budget at present plus there's a lot of cost difference too.
That mod will have to wait a little while.

UPDATE
I have given the vehicle at MASS today. MOTORCRAFT in Sahibabad (Delhi Gaziabad boder),

Work requested
  • All general checkup & normal service
  • Oil change (engine, gear, diff, transfer case).
  • Gearbox oil seal check.
  • Tail gate is rattling due to mounting the extra heavy alloy and tyre on the tailgate, that has to be checked too
  • Electrical checkup (parking lights were fuse, 4WD light fuse) etc etc
Old 11th December 2009, 14:54   #67
BANNED

In my opinion, the Gypsy will also look good with those SS rings one can put on the stock rims. They are just thin SS rings which make the stock rims look like a mixture of steel and aluminium rims. They are pretty cheap and easy to procure.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
In my opinion, the Gypsy will also look good with those SS rings one can put on the stock rims. They are just thin SS rings which make the stock rims look like a mixture of steel and aluminium rims. They are pretty cheap and easy to procure.
Do you have a picture or a link of these SS rings???
Ill be greatful if you could post it here
Old 11th December 2009, 15:11   #69
BHPian

I think these are the rings he is talking about

Note from Mod : Please rotate images before posting. Follow this thread for more : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...siest-way.html
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-blackgypsy.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 16th December 2009 at 15:59. Reason: Image rotated.Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 12th December 2009, 02:34   #70
BHPian

Harjeev, good call, with regards to the stock rims.

As far I know, you don't get BFG A/T's in 235 size over here (in Bombay atleast).
You do, however get 2 sizes in 215 section - you can get 215/70 or 215/75..

I've got 215/75/r15 on my stock rims in my gypsy, and i have to say, they imporved the ride considerably, as compared to the stock tyres (but then my stock tyres were REALLY bad - cracked n all!).

I've noticed that when tackling corners at speeds in excess of 50 km/hr, the tyres 'jump' a bit. But they hardly ever squeal..

Going by all the feedback on tBHP, I would suppose that BFG's are a good mix of On and Off road performance..

Anyhoo, I'm going for my first OTR this sunday.. Hopefully the tyres won't disappoint!

P.S. - I personally don't like the Stainless Steel rims! In my gypsy, the centre part of the rim is matte black, and the outer part, is untouched - that looks pretty mean, yet not flashy!
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-screencap3.jpg  

Last edited by ladak.imran : 12th December 2009 at 02:43. Reason: Now posting a pic of my wheel rim..
Old 12th December 2009, 05:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharakan9 View Post
I think these are the rings he is talking about
Thanks for the pics buddy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Harjeev, good call, with regards to the stock rims.

As far I know, you don't get BFG A/T's in 235 size over here (in Bombay atleast).
You do, however get 2 sizes in 215 section - you can get 215/70 or 215/75..

I've got 215/75/r15 on my stock rims in my gypsy, and i have to say, they imporved the ride considerably, as compared to the stock tyres (but then my stock tyres were REALLY bad - cracked n all!).

I've noticed that when tackling corners at speeds in excess of 50 km/hr, the tyres 'jump' a bit. But they hardly ever squeal..

Going by all the feedback on tBHP, I would suppose that BFG's are a good mix of On and Off road performance..

Anyhoo, I'm going for my first OTR this sunday.. Hopefully the tyres won't disappoint!

P.S. - I personally don't like the Stainless Steel rims! In my gypsy, the centre part of the rim is matte black, and the outer part, is untouched - that looks pretty mean, yet not flashy!
Do share the performance of the BF's on the OTR. and please take a daytime picture of the rims and post it. I am able to get an idea of the rims but a daytime pics will be much better!!!

How much did you pay for the 215/75/r15's??

Best of luck with your OTR
Old 13th December 2009, 22:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Update on the Gypsy: spoke to Rahul today and he confirmed that the vehicle was ready, so i will be taking delivery tomorrow evening. the work done is Clutch Plates changed, break shoes changed, all oil changed, the oil seal was changed. The rear tailgate was too repaired as the welding had come off from the xtra heavy tyre. These are some of the work i remember from the conversation I had. some work was done in the extendend warranty too, so that would FOC. Anyways whatever the damage( read charges/ bill) the vehicle will be good for the next 5-10kms.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev , how much did it cost for the hubs per pair ?

Can it be locked and unlocked by hand easily ,or any tool is there to rotate them ?

Last edited by black12rr : 13th December 2009 at 23:01.
Old 13th December 2009, 23:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Harjeev , how much did it cost for the hubs per pair ?

Can it be locked and unlocked by hand easily ,or any tool is there to rotate them ?
the hubs are easily available and can be locked and unlocked by hand. The one that i have on my Gypsy are Aisin make. Further I might not be very wrong that AIAIS are also supplied as MGP.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of changing the tyres on my Gypsy. Currently its running on 205/65/R15's and I want to upgrade to BF Goodrich 215/75/R15's.
This will increase the tyres height from 25.49" to 27.69" an increase of almost 2.28" or 58mm in ride height and 29mm in ground clearance.

Further I will be changing the alloys and moving back to OE steel rims. The tyre wala has agreed to buyback the alloys but has not committed a price for the same.

Can someone please give me an idea on how much should the old alloys be worth and how much should the BF Goodrich 215/75/R15 cost. A Set of 5.

Here is a picture of the alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413-img_1306.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks