Team-BHP - Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Harjeev's 2006 Suzuki Gypsy MG413 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/70968-harjeevs-2006-suzuki-gypsy-mg413.html)

Hey guys,
Here I come again. As many of you know that I have been on the lookout for a MPFI Suzuki Gypsy for some time now. Constantly visiting used car dealers, scanning the Classified, etc etc.

I have recently come across a 2006 Gypsy MG413 and will now like the help of my fellow Bhpians to help me decide what to do and what price to offer.

The vehicle is registered in Delhi, is a single owner, driven for 50k kms and has a couple of months of extended warranty left. Never been used off-road and 95% in the city and rest on 1 trip to Leh.
I test drove the vehicle and in 2WD mode it was working flawlessly but that was untill I tested the 4WD mode. On just engaging the 4WD mode the vehicle started shuddering and vibrating like crazy. The steering wheel was all over the place and so was the gear and the 4WD lever :eek:. After being driven in 4WD mode the lever refused to come back in the 2WD mode and I had to give up. It simply din't budge. I tried to after reversing it too but no avail.
Apart from the above the upon inspection of the underside the vehicle had alot of grease and grime on the gearbox and the front leaf's were absolutely flat. :-(
Having said this the vehicle dint budge above 80 km/hr even under hard acceleration. :-((
The body line is completely clean and the vehicle has been regularly service. I have verified the bills personally.
Now what should be a good price to offer and does anyone have any idea about the vibrations!!!
The seller gave me a hint of 4.25L but I anticipate that he is aware of these issues in his vehicle so will be willing to negotiate!!!

Please advise

MPFI gypsy should easily do 100 kmph and with some push around 105 kmph. usually, engaging 4wd (off-road) makes the vehicle smoother. steering too gets very light off road. getting it back to 2wd mostly require some reversing unlike jeeps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harjeev (Post 1618268)
Hey guys,
Here I come again. As many of you know that I have been on the lookout for a MPFI Suzuki Gypsy for some time now. Constantly visiting used car dealers, scanning the Classified, etc etc.

I have recently come across a 2006 Gypsy MG413 and will now like the help of my fellow Bhpians to help me decide what to do and what price to offer.

The vehicle is registered in Delhi, is a single owner, driven for 50k kms and has a couple of months of extended warranty left. Never been used off-road and 95% in the city and rest on 1 trip to Leh.
I test drove the vehicle and in 2WD mode it was working flawlessly but that was untill I tested the 4WD mode. On just engaging the 4WD mode the vehicle started shuddering and vibrating like crazy. The steering wheel was all over the place and so was the gear and the 4WD lever :eek:. After being driven in 4WD mode the lever refused to come back in the 2WD mode and I had to give up. It simply din't budge. I tried to after reversing it too but no avail.
Apart from the above the upon inspection of the underside the vehicle had alot of grease and grime on the gearbox and the front leaf's were absolutely flat. :-(
Having said this the vehicle dint budge above 80 km/hr even under hard acceleration. :-((
The body line is completely clean and the vehicle has been regularly service. I have verified the bills personally.
Now what should be a good price to offer and does anyone have any idea about the vibrations!!!
The seller gave me a hint of 4.25L but I anticipate that he is aware of these issues in his vehicle so will be willing to negotiate!!!

Please advise

From what you say, it looks like a white elephant. My advice is to stay way, especially considering the asking price, even after negotiation.

Quote:

...I have recently come across a 2006 Gypsy MG413 and will now like the help of my fellow Bhpians to help me decide what to do and what price to offer.

For a 2006 model, if it is clean, 4L is a fair price according to me.

However,
Quote:

I test drove the vehicle and in 2WD mode it was working flawlessly but that was untill I tested the 4WD mode. On just engaging the 4WD mode the vehicle started shuddering and vibrating like crazy. The steering wheel was all over the place and so was the gear and the 4WD lever :eek:.
This can be a cause of concern. My 2 cents: get it checked at a MASS and then proceed

Quote:

After being driven in 4WD mode the lever refused to come back in the 2WD mode and I had to give up. It simply din't budge. I tried to after reversing it too but no avail.
Not too much an issue. at times it can get stuck. Don't worry too much about it

Quote:

Check for oil leaks. The front leafs of a Gypsy are FLAT. so no need to worry

Quote:

Again, get it checked. It should for sure do 100+

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEA (Post 1618325)
MPFI gypsy should easily do 100 kmph and with some push around 105 kmph. usually, engaging 4wd (off-road) makes the vehicle smoother. steering too gets very light off road. getting it back to 2wd mostly require some reversing unlike jeeps.

I know that VEA. I think this happens in my other jeeps too and usually as you said forwarding and reversing gets it sorted out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuttapan (Post 1618519)
From what you say, it looks like a white elephant. My advice is to stay way, especially considering the asking price, even after negotiation.

I havent really started the negotiations. Will do so after I just get some info on Gypsys

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1618545)
Comments from the master himself. Thanks Khan.

For a 2006 model, if it is clean, 4L is a fair price according to me.
This is reassuring :-))
I have a feeliing that I might just be able to get him down below 4L

However,

Quote:

I test drove the vehicle and in 2WD mode it was working flawlessly but that was untill I tested the 4WD mode. On just engaging the 4WD mode the vehicle started shuddering and vibrating like crazy. The steering wheel was all over the place and so was the gear and the 4WD lever :eek:
This can be a cause of concern. My 2 cents: get it checked at a MASS and then proceed

I am meeting the owner tomorrow. Will take it to MASS and get it checked up.

Quote:

After being driven in 4WD mode the lever refused to come back in the 2WD mode and I had to give up. It simply din't budge. I tried to after reversing it too but no avail.
Not too much an issue. at times it can get stuck. Don't worry too much about it
Good to hear that.

Quote:

Check for oil leaks. The front leafs of a Gypsy are FLAT. so no need to worry
Khan bhai, if the front leaf's are flat, does that result in wearing off the oil seals. As I inspected the vehicle, there was no crack or damage appearing on the underside of the vehicle or any kind of rusting etc

Again, get it checked. It should for sure do 100+

Never bought a gypsy or for that matter a 2nd hand vehicle in my life, so I am a total novice by these standardslol:
Help needed guys!!!

Quote:

Hey guys,

Please advise

Did you observe leaks in the transfer case area?
not climbing >80?
Wild Guess -The brakes pads might be jammed or
There is some increased friction in the transmission(might be the T.C) that holding the vehicle at 80. could be due to increased wear owing to lube leak.

any whining sound from the TC?
Is the machine vibrating in 4wd neutral also?

Do this

Drive the vehicle to a decent speed, press clutch & switch off the engine. Watch out for transmission noise or any unexpected braking force. you can try this is different combination( 4H,2H,4L, N)

The 5-s GB gt more play than the 4 S MG410 GB.

The play evident in the 4wd lever is not normal.
Throw is long, but it will slot in perfectly.

Shifting from 4H to 2L sometimes require some zig zag maneuvers.

Is it running on stock tyres?

Steering in gypsy will have some play.( To which vehicle are comparing Gypsy's steering play)

My sincere advise. Get some one who owns a King to inspect the vehicle.
Do watch the vehicle when some one is driving it and watch out for wheel wobbling
I cant comment on price. It solely depends on the demand of the buyer & desperation of the owner.

Hey Harjeev,

I came across this in another thread, thought it might help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ypsy-king.html

As per the picture shown in the thread the vehicle seems to be in a great shape.

Cheers.:)

Quote:

Please advise

I feel like there is some serious problem with this vehicle. If it has done only 50k and not much offroading, this shouldnt be the case. I never had any problem with gear shifts in my king. Its absolutly smooth and never got stuck. I have been driving the 2008 model for some time now. It does go above 110 with ease (thats what my speedo says).

I would suggest that its better to get the vehicle evaluated at MASS where they see gypsies (this is imp). The gypsy gear box is not pron to have oil leaks. Unlike other jeeps, gypsies dont need grese either.

I feel like this gypsy shows more problems than it should over a period of 3 yrs and 50000 kms. Give it a serious thought. please:

I would like a add one more thing. If the body shape and engine is good, you can work on it. But if u are paying above 4L, the entire vehicle should be in mint condition

Hi Harjeev, I do not know much about gypsy so can't express much technically but price and negotiation wise I would like to say to get the starting price as low as you can. Gypsies are easy to repair and things can be sorted out but they will take lot of time and money. So bargain hard. 2006 is not too old and best is you can give directly to MASS, so no tension of untrained mechanics, but then again it is going to be expensive. Once a second hand vehicle goes in MASS with these many problem it will have a bill close to 20-25K if not more + offroad tyres, AC, PS, big radiator, FFE and all. Therefore bargain hard get it as close to three lakhs. You are lucky to find a 2006 gypsy but play your cards well.

Tip. ;) Don’t show the seller you are an offroader and stuff, tell him you want it for kids for weekend and fun etc..

EDIT- The one I found 2004 hasn't sold yet. He has advertised it 4 or 5 times in paper. Even todays paper has its add. But believe me these things are hard to sell until one of us offroader finds it. See- low FE, high price (4 Lakhs), no finance options, not a family vehicle so ordinary person don't get attracted. But its a diamond for us. All the best.

I doubt it was not abused. and the price is too high. BTW do you have some images.??

Also gypsy shift is not on the fly.

Hi Harjeev,

Congrats on your find. It was great talking to you last week. Good to know that your gypsy hunt is yielding some results.

From your description the vehicle seems to be in good condition except the issue with 4WD and the top speed. As khan_sultan commented most of the issues you mentioned are either minor stuff or its the basic behaviour of Gypsy. :D

We can talk for ages about the pros and cons about buying a used Gypsy and the price. But my suggestion - as many others suggested, take it to a MASS get it checked and get a quote for fixing the issues which they have identified. Then you will have an idea about the condition of the Gypsy and cost for immediate repairs.

Also get it driven by someone who owns a MPFI Gypsy King. may be gotzuk(Vaibhav) or any other NIOC Gypsy owners can help you. Get the feedback and go for it. For me a similar model/condition Gypsy will cost between 4.0 - 4.25L.

Cheers
Shibu

Hey buddy
have you considered the option of buying a new king.
Ex showroom price of a metallic gypsy in Delhi is 4.98 while for non-metallic it's 4.95

Quote:

Originally Posted by married2speed (Post 1619064)
Hey buddy
have you considered the option of buying a new king.
Ex showroom price of a metallic gypsy in Delhi is 4.98 while for non-metallic it's 4.95

Harjeev! You're at it again.. Now a Gypsy!! Well. from what you have written, it could be a simple case of a rubber bush or a few rubber components that need to be changed. Remember, rubber has a life time on or off the shelf.

Since you say that this example hasn't done any duty off road except a trip to Leh, its inevitable that there hasn't been much to test its articulation at all. If rubber parts are kept in use they remain soft. In addition to this you must have the vehicle checked for all mechanical parts at a Maruti service center.

I'd suggest if you do go in for this one - no need to pay a dime beyond 3 lacs. A new one is for 5 lacs and this is now a 4 year old vehicle done 50k or maybe more. It won't be advisable to spend Rs. 3.5 to 4 lacs on a second hand vehicle. If you are thinking to get it in shape like Arjun's or Allan's. I'd suggest look for an example which is already prepped up. You will save many months and green backs in the process.

Hey Harjeev, there;s this guy who just sold his 2006 Feb 41K mileage clean white ST gypsy yesterday...i spoke with him sometime ago n he let it off for 3.25L...so you might want to put this range into consideration instead of spending 4...cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushkin Ahuja (Post 1619101)
Harjeev! You're at it again.. Now a Gypsy!! Well. from what you have written, it could be a simple case of a rubber bush or a few rubber components that need to be changed. Remember, rubber has a life time on or off the shelf.

Since you say that this example hasn't done any duty off road except a trip to Leh, its inevitable that there hasn't been much to test its articulation at all. If rubber parts are kept in use they remain soft. In addition to this you must have the vehicle checked for all mechanical parts at a Maruti service center.

I'd suggest if you do go in for this one - no need to pay a dime beyond 3 lacs. A new one is for 5 lacs and this is now a 4 year old vehicle done 50k or maybe more. It won't be advisable to spend Rs. 3.5 to 4 lacs on a second hand vehicle. If you are thinking to get it in shape like Arjun's or Allan's. I'd suggest look for an example which is already prepped up. You will save many months and green backs in the process.

OT: Pushkin Bhai, Welcome to Team-BHP, i am so happy to see you here!!!

--Sree--