Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Suraksha - Hosur Road (below where the elevated road starts) - Khan gets his vehicle done there. Again he has seen and worked on Gypsies.
+1 as gypsy boy said, Suraksha could be your place and check out for khan's thread i'm sure you'll be impressed.

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:24   #17
BHPian

Sure I'm impressed with Spyder! You can say that's one thing that got me into t-bhp! I'll be getting the vehicle tomorrow from Thanjavur. I think I would go with Mandovi motors - Wilson Garden. Hosur road is too far!! Anybody who would say otherwise? Has the guy worked on Gypsies extensively?
Old 5th January 2010, 12:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@ahwajid, check with Khan Sultan which unit of Surakshaa is he going to. If it is the one near Adugodi, then it will not be too far from Mandovi Wilson Gardens.
Old 5th January 2010, 14:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@ahwajid, check with Khan Sultan which unit of Surakshaa is he going to. If it is the one near Adugodi, then it will not be too far from Mandovi Wilson Gardens.
Dear Condor,
No, i don't think Khan leaves it at Adugodi.
As far as i remember, Khan and Sha used to visit Suraksha at Bommanahalli.
@Wajid: They are very good. I got my new Gypsy's first free service also at Suraksha. If you plan to leave your vehicle at Suraksha, i could give you the contact details of our service advisor there.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 5th January 2010, 16:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Condor,
No, i don't think Khan leaves it at Adugodi.
As far as i remember, Khan and Sha used to visit Suraksha at Bommanahalli.
@Wajid: They are very good. I got my new Gypsy's first free service also at Suraksha. If you plan to leave your vehicle at Suraksha, i could give you the contact details of our service advisor there.
Cheers,
Deepak

Yes. They use the Bommanahalli Suraksha. But its too far for me and I believe Mandovi in Wilson gardens is as good too! So I think I will go with them. I need to first get it into running condition and then I wouldn't mind taking it to other service stations. (saves the cost of towing/crane )
Old 5th January 2010, 18:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Wajid,
I would recommend either of the following MASS
1) Mandovi Motors - Wilson Garden - I give my vehicles there and the service people have seen and worked on Gypsy's in the past, and still get Gypsies from Army.
2) Suraksha - Hosur Road (below where the elevated road starts) - Khan gets his vehicle done there. Again he has seen and worked on Gypsies.
This is my first post/reply, so with all due-regards to GB, personally I would be very careful in dealing with Mandovi Motors - Wilson Garden, but will go out on a limb to recommend Surakshaa on Hosur Road. Have first hand experience with both.

In Jan 2004, my Wagon-R was hit by a SUMO right-side fender, at BTM-layout / Udupi-Garden crossing, while SUMO was jumping a red-light. Took my WagonR to Mandovi, and was given an estimate of around 40K. It took them bit more than 2 weeks, but when I went to collect the vehicle, they gave me a bill of 56K or so. Cutting a very long story (argument + drama) short, I managed to get them bill me for ~5K, and balance ~30K picked up by Insurance co. That is, the inflated bill of ~56K was brough down to about ~35K, once I spent a good 2-3 hours doing detailed scrutiny of all work done, and was it really necessary etc.

Post that, I've been giving my Wagon-R for service to Surakshaa on Hosur Road, for past 5 years, and I've mostly good things to say about them. Barring once, I've always felt full "value-delivered" by them. One time I did not feel so, was when they didn't really fix a strange sound which I get (probably from Brakes), when I move my car for the first time (from complete rest) after it being stationery for 5-6 days. They made me change the brake disks, but that didn't fix it. Barring that, all regular services have been flawless.

my 2 cents.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:37   #22
BHPian

The Gypsy is now in Suraksha (thanks Guys for the advice, it is a good place!!). Engine couldn't be started yet, due to some parts missing. Should fire up by tomorrow (hopefully, fingers crossed). By the way, is this a Wide Track? or does 410 also come with Wheel arches?

Few pics-->
Attached Thumbnails
The "Unservicable" Gypsy-gypsy_1.jpg  

The "Unservicable" Gypsy-gypsy_2.jpg  

The "Unservicable" Gypsy-gypsy_3.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 11:57   #23
BHPian

its a MG410W( widetrack) ! congrats its a lovely vehicle, in bangalore i knew a garage called GMW Gomati Motor Works, in Koramangala, it was run buy Sunil or agarwal, forgot his name, rally driver, he has those rally know hows so excels in performance tuning esteeems and gypsys..
Old 13th January 2010, 12:07   #24
Team-BHP Support

IIRC GMW is closed now and was run by Sanjay Agarwal
Old 14th January 2010, 17:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

ahwajid thats a mighty fine Gypsy you have bought. Congrats. would like to see the pic of repairs and the vehicle after it's done up.
Old 14th January 2010, 17:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
The Gypsy is now in Suraksha (thanks Guys for the advice, it is a good place!!). Engine couldn't be started yet, due to some parts missing. Should fire up by tomorrow (hopefully, fingers crossed). By the way, is this a Wide Track? or does 410 also come with Wheel arches?

Few pics-->
hey wajid,
is it at Suraksh in Adugodi on Hosur Road?
Old 14th January 2010, 18:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ahwahid. The gypsy looks excellent. Hope you get her up and running soon. Best of luck with the repairs.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post

Few pics-->
Conrats on the gypsy buddy!!!
Its really appears to be a clean piece. Please keep this thread alive by posting regular updates with details and pictures!!!
Also you've got the vehicle with lockable hubs or FWH's which is great!!!

Best of luck with your restoration!!! What are you planning???
Old 14th January 2010, 21:13   #29
BHPian

Buddy!!!

I just read this thread from start to last & i am just hooked to it. Congrats to your gypsy first of all. What i picturised in my mind from your description about the Gypsy was a very very rusty, totally mangled with out any interiors & exterior vehicle, hardly recoginzable as Gypsy but when see the pic I was like

It is a very good buy & you can trasform this very good buy to a best buy, so all the best & go ahead & enjoy the transformation process.

PS : please keep us posted also to share all the progress & i am sure Novice like me would be so intrested & gurus would be kind enough to add their valuable inputs
Old 18th January 2010, 14:21   #30
BHPian

Sorry guys couldn't post for a while!

@SamtheLeo, @harjeev, @Lalvaz, @deutscheafrikar, @chargerman & Others: Thanks all!!

The vehicle is at Hosur Rd., Bomanahalli Suraksha.

Bad news is that looks like they have swapped the engine, and its still not running. They have started work on opening it. I think it will need a complete overhaul. Gurus, any idea how much that would cost? Should I rather go for a second hand engine somewhere else?

@khan_sultan: Its Sardar who is working on vehicle (It seems the same guy who installed your crawlers). I took the liberty of telling Lokesh that I was a Friend of yours. Sorry about that!

Inputs please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks