Team-BHP - 1945 Willy's? Is it original? How much is it worth?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   1945 Willy's? Is it original? How much is it worth? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/72859-1945-willys-original-how-much-worth.html)

I saw a 1945 Willy's Jeep today. The car is in running conditon. I am not sure about the originality of the jeep although it has participated in the Statesman Vintage Rally this year. I thought I would run it my experts on Team Bhp to tell me if this is original and how much should one be willing to shell out for it. Unfortunately my camera died and I had to make do with my blackberry hence the low resolution.

the speedometer shows Km/h.

if willys was made in america it should have Miles/hr!

Well at least Temp is starting from 100' :) Fahrenheit

Navial - There are few historians who can help you here. PM UBS who researches Jeeps, Islamabad Jeep Club 'aamir567' has a old ford, he may know about Willy's, I also remembered PAVAN KADAM rebuilding a old Willys. Check with them personally.

PS - whats the approx price of these Oldies?

Asking price is in the region of 5 Lacs which i think does not make sense at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 1662403)
the speedometer shows Km/h.

if willys was made in america it should have Miles/hr!

I agree to your verdict about the dials sir, those does not seem to be original to my eyes.
(I am novice about vintage jeeps so kindly forgive me if i am wrong)please:

Something odd about this car. Can't quite figure it out, but doesn't look the real mc coy

If I have learned anything from UBS sir in last two days, the front grill is definitely fabricated, and a bad job clearly.

do you have another angle of engine bay.??

This looks like a low bonnet conversion to me. The front grill and windshield frame looks odd!

From the pictures, I am pretty confident that this is not a real Willys MB. It looks to me as a CJ2A or CJ3A that has been made to look like a World War II Willy MB.

UBS Sir and other experts, please correct me if am wrong. Here is my observation:

The 7 slat Grille, badly made windshield frame and the presence of a Fuel Inlet on the LHS side (It should be below the seat) make it suspect. The slots for the axe and spade are also missing on LHS side. The 5 meter dash pattern is correct but this was present until the early CJ3Bs (my 3B has it), so cannot comment as lots of WW-II accessories/slots are missing. The original meters are difficult to procure, which explains the replacement with Yenkay and others. The dash light is incorrect. The wheels are also incorrect. The engine looks like the Go-Devil Engine, but this engine was available until CJ3A(upto circa 1953), so we cannot conclude.

Are you able to get better pictures of the engine bay and of the full dashboard please?

Here are some more shots i have.

These are just some more shots that i have that might help.

Its a L head go devil thats for sure.

Dash is suspicious too.

this is the original one. check the GAS written on fuel guage

1945 Willy's? Is it original? How much is it worth?-gauges.jpg