Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 19:41   #406
Senior - BHPian

^^ Offroad-Maniac, thats the turbo's intercooler.

And the BLACK ONE IS THE 1st Proof of a RHD THAR - Yipeee

Old 13th January 2010, 20:00   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Nope. I think the tyres and tread pattern are the same. Whatever little interaction i've had with Mr. Dhabhar till now for my Classic, i realized that he is absolutely against any upsizing. And if he is testing, he will not upsize.

Another dif in the two snaps is that the two side bars connected to the centre roll bar in the black one are covered with a fabric whereas they are open in the silver. This also gives an illusion of better stance.

Tejas- your point is well taken, but what makes you say that if he is testing, he will not upsize, my understanding says that it is only when you try different combinations (read testing) you come out with the ideal solution, i am just speculating, only the man himself knows the truth.

Spike
Old 13th January 2010, 20:05   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
my understanding says that it is only when you try different combinations (read testing) you come out with the ideal solution, i am just speculating, only the man himself knows the truth.
Correct. What i meant is that once he's finalized a size for the stock vehicle and then he's testing the vehicle capabilities with that tyre.

Anyways, hope the car can be inspected / tried out soon and put and end to speculation once and for all.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:06   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Spike Arrestor - please see the photographs carefully. The whole platform lends itself to becoming leaner, meaner, taller, squatter, lighter, more powerful etc. YOU CAN SET UP THE CAR EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT IT. FOR DOING THAT, YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY IT FIRST. Which other car gives you this flexibility? Try and work out the details. You will have a very broad smile on your face when you realise the full potential of this platform.
just the smooth and silent surge of power, which can be further Turbo Charged/ ECU Upgrade?????.
Great brakes, which can be further ABS?????.
A transmission which can be further AUTO?????.
An axle which can be further DANA 44 (Locked)?????.
A ramp breakover angle which can be further Lift Kits? (may be under body protection)?????.

Abhi to shuruaat hai, picture to abhi baaki hai mere dost! (a la Rajesh Khanna).

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thats a great promo of a HIT picture. So we are going to have a FULL Customization options for it..
may be while booking it, sales person will ask, "Sir, you can tick below options :"
1. FFRA (DANA 44)
2a. LSD
2b. Lockers
3. Ultra Low T-Case (4.16:1)
4. Snorkel
5. Hard Top
6. SFA (DANA 44)
7. Others....

Please let there be more trailers..

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 13th January 2010 at 20:24.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:31   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Abhi to shuruaat hai, picture to abhi baaki hai mere dost! (a la Rajesh Khanna).

Well guys, here it is. Feast your eyes!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear, Behram Sir
Is this (in pic) a further developed variant of THAR?
Regards,
Old 13th January 2010, 20:53   #411
Team-BHP Support

offroad_maniac, we really don't need ABS in Thar, not unless it can be switched off for offroading. ABS will play hovoc in slippery conditions of OTR trails.

Since the rear is DANA 44 with 30 splines, we have many options for full lockers, like OX, ARB, etc.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:59   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
offroad_maniac, we really don't need ABS in Thar, not unless it can be switched off for offroading. ABS will play hovoc in slippery conditions of OTR trails.

Since the rear is DANA 44 with 30 splines, we have many options for full lockers, like OX, ARB, etc.
Its just something I can make out with Brake wala hint. Else, we should get optioned as stated. may be discount rate as I think Mahindra has tie up with some reputed company which makes good suspension parts & Lockers (ARB I think.. not sure).
Old 13th January 2010, 21:50   #413
Senior - BHPian

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Black one is covered in mud.. Thats the real deal.
BTW. check out the radiator also.. it looks like a smaller one is also present for some extra cooling ? (may be for NEF Engine)

Dear Offroadmaniac- That is not a radiator, it is a FMIC (front mounted intercooler) similar to the ones you see in Bolero VLX (hidden behind the front bumper). It is a device used to cool hot compressed gases which have undergone a adiabatic compression process, this is achieved isobarically (under constant pressure conditions, this is one reason why the pressure drop delta around the intercooler must be minimum). Simply put it is a heat exchanger.

Guys do you see anything different in this pic

Regards,

Spike
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-dsc01784.jpg  

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 13th January 2010 at 21:51.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:57   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Spike Arrestor - please see the photographs carefully. The whole platform lends itself to becoming leaner, meaner, taller, squatter, lighter, more powerful etc. YOU CAN SET UP THE CAR EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT IT. FOR DOING THAT, YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY IT FIRST. Which other car gives you this flexibility? Try and work out the details. You will have a very broad smile on your face when you realise the full potential of this platform. Also, this car has fantastic ROAD PRESENCE, which is addictive. I have been in situations at traffic signals where guys in Mercs and Beemers have opened their window glasses and given me a thumbs up. This has happened many times. Then at the green light, I would out-accelerate them. Believe you me, this thing just goes like nobody's business. No fuss at all, just the smooth and silent surge of power, which can be further -----?????. Great brakes, which can be further -----?????. A transmission which can be further -----?????. An axle which can be further -----?????. A ramp breakover angle which can be further -----?????.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Great to see the packaging of the bay. So this means we will get the option list for this.
power and Lighter ---- Mhawk engine.
Transmission ---- Auto-box
Axle-------------- Full floating, LSD, diff lock option.
Rampover angle----- Lift kit.

So when is the picture realizing ??
Waiting for this one.

Last edited by dinar : 13th January 2010 at 22:03.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:32   #415
Senior - BHPian

@ DHABHAR.BEHRAM,is there additional strengthening added to the fender as compared to the older vehicle?
Old 13th January 2010, 22:33   #416
Senior - BHPian

car-like bonnet opener ?

Quote:
...Well guys, here it is. Feast your eyes!..
The engine bay is quite full...must have been quite a job shoe-horning the Scorpio engine into the engine bay of the Thar.

Quote:
...Guys do you see anything different in this pic...
in-cab bonnet opener

Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-13jan2010_dsc01784.jpg

instead of the older type (which I actually like)

Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-13jan2010_img10.jpg

Old 13th January 2010, 22:52   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
in-cab bonnet opener
To add: no insulation on the bonnet/hood internally. Support to hold open the bonnet as opposed to going and resting all the way back on the windshield.

I have not seen a scorpio engine in detail so i won't know any changed details between the two.

EDIT: The mHawk has the intercooler on the top. So i guess that engine is to be ruled out.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 13th January 2010 at 22:56. Reason: see edit
Old 13th January 2010, 23:08   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Guys do you see anything different in this pic

Regards,

Spike
Yes, that classy mesh grill.

-- Torqy
Old 13th January 2010, 23:35   #419
Senior - BHPian

the engine and its bay looks quite neatly packed. i think the IC could be placed somewhere else to protect it from stone, but i can see a wire mesh on the front grill (of the thar with bonnet open) to protect it!

no wiremesh on the RHD black thar and the silver LHD to protect the IC?

wipers on the RHD black thar look out of place, i guess since its a test vehicle!

the styling of the Thar reminds me of this>
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-mahindraamericanstylegreece.jpg  

Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-mahindramarksman400.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 23:36   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Spike Arrestor - please see the photographs carefully. The whole platform lends itself to becoming leaner, meaner, taller, squatter, lighter, more powerful etc. YOU CAN SET UP THE CAR EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT IT. FOR DOING THAT, YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY IT FIRST. Which other car gives you this flexibility? Try and work out the details. You will have a very broad smile on your face when you realise the full potential of this platform. Also, this car has fantastic ROAD PRESENCE, which is addictive. I have been in situations at traffic signals where guys in Mercs and Beemers have opened their window glasses and given me a thumbs up. This has happened many times. Then at the green light, I would out-accelerate them. Believe you me, this thing just goes like nobody's business. No fuss at all, just the smooth and silent surge of power, which can be further -----?????. Great brakes, which can be further -----?????. A transmission which can be further -----?????. An axle which can be further -----?????. A ramp breakover angle which can be further -----?????.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir, Great to see the monster under hood. I personally feel the Airfilter's position or placement would have been better if placed close to the firewall. If only the Airfilter box fixed near to firewall and the air inlet on the right end of bodyline inside the engine bay, one can easily fabricate the Snorkel setup. Who knows there may be after market Indian made products could also be made. Just my point.

It will also make lots more different if the wheels that are making its way to Thar to be the nagative offset steel rims, the kind of ones used in Australian Mahindra Jeeps

Last edited by trammway : 13th January 2010 at 23:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks