Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 00:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

I think all you guys are overreacting.
It doesn't look all that bad.
Well, except for the side vent, the stupid racing seats at the rear, silver painted corner/side cladding etc..

C'mon! You've gotto love those rims.

Last edited by nitrous : 6th January 2010 at 00:51.
Old 6th January 2010, 00:59   #32

Ok. Do this. Imagine all the bling gone. Would it serve our purpose perfectly well or not?

And nitrous, The rims do look good. Reminds me of older lambos though
Old 6th January 2010, 01:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

The above two images answer the long asked questions. It is manual 4x4 and IFS.
the above two images answer the long asked questions. it is LHD and for Export only!
Old 6th January 2010, 01:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Shed the bling, give us the bone, price it in the 5 Lakh category and this will be gobbled up.

Is this SWB?
Old 6th January 2010, 02:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
we certainly dont want this atleast!

Its a design masterpiece. Looks as if they have added all the wish list to this one vehicle.

I guess people should just wish for a MM550 for the civillian market rather than wishing for things they want in it.
Old 6th January 2010, 03:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well where do i begin. Well i am surely disappointed with the vehicle which has been displayed at the auto expo. Few reasons why??

1) Its not got great fit and finish on the outside and the inside.
2) Too much chrome is being used. Some of us like to go unnoticed here.
3) A decent hardtop version can be provided a la Wrangler which can make this vehicle a first car in homes but what it ends up is like a piece of toy which will adorn garages of people who would like to go in for a jeep as a second option. Common lots of people here live in places with bad roads. We need a vehicle which is sturdy on the outside and comfortable on the inside.

Just an example: We bought a Mahindra international as it was cheap and did its duty really well
Then we felt the necessity for a vehicle which has doors and protects you from Nature and thats why we bought the MM540. My grand parents were happier
Few years down the line we felt that we needed a vehicle which can make us reach mysore or bangalore in comfort as compared to the back breaking journey in the 540. So in came the option of the scorpio or bolero. We reached a verdict with the bolero.

Fast forward to today. Am in the states and i see the much awaited Jeep here. Hardtop, Comfortable, Gorgeous to look at and can seat 5. This can be parked in any roads of the city without at least the worry that someone can easily enter the vehicle.

Thinking about it i realise if Mahindra had launched this vehicle maybe i could have had eliminated the requirement of 3 vehicles whose duty can be done by 1.

Well there are lots of people out here who are hardcore offroaders. But why would you just catch this one market and also a lifestyle segment market and launch a vehicle only for them but eliminating the requirements for all the rural market.

Am i missing something here. I am a jeep fan and i feel if my requirements could be met in a jeep then there is no point of my bolero. Anybody listening??
Old 6th January 2010, 07:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I am a jeep fan and i feel if my requirements could be met in a jeep then there is no point of my bolero. Anybody listening??
The Bolero is a Jeep, is it not?
Old 6th January 2010, 07:28   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys:

This will definitely not be a production vehicle. As Mr. Behram has hinted before Auto Show vehicles are generally modified to catch attention. I doubt or at least hope that these will not make it to the production version.
Old 6th January 2010, 07:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Guys:

This will definitely not be a production vehicle. As Mr. Behram has hinted before Auto Show vehicles are generally modified to catch attention. I doubt or at least hope that these will not make it to the production version.
Cyrus43 has already confirmed that the production vehicle looks better and simpler.
Old 6th January 2010, 07:39   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
.. customize this further -- to what? The GREAT M&M customization hasn't left much scope here. I think even DC would find it tough to take it further from here
I meant people can buy the base version and give it to Mahindra Customization or DC (DC only if they are mentally unstable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
+1 to that RJ.
IFS, Electronic 4WD shift, and all of that unwanted electronics, no off road enthusiast would want to have.
This is not electronic shift. There is a manual shifter. See the pictures of the close up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, can't say you guys weren't warned.

Anyway, forget all the bling bling, I am pretty sure none of them will make it to the production version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Guys, this is the car done by the Mahindra Customizations dept. These are all "ADDONS". The real car does not look like this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I think all you guys are overreacting.
It doesn't look all that bad.
I think people are getting too carried away with show vehicle. I am absolutely sure that they cannot have all this on the production version and price it at an attractive pricing point to sell this vehicle in India. The accesorries and extras will cost at least 2 to 3 lakhs more than the base Thar.
Old 6th January 2010, 07:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
the above two images answer the long asked questions. it is LHD and for Export only!
Parm, the above model is a Europe version, they also have RHD which is destined for SA.
Old 6th January 2010, 07:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

I must admit, I like the purposeful look of the Thar, may be they gone overboard with the bling and the aux lamps, but if you remove them, it should be one purposeful vehicle. Thanks Shubendra for the pictures and details.

Now if you see, it is the Bolero CRDe engine with Bolero/Scorpio IFS and Bolero Dashboard. I fervently hope that they launch it in India. Now since this comes with Power Steering and AC, I think I can live with it as my daily vehicle.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Headers: The bolero which i have is 4*2 and also with the amount of body roll i would not risk taking it on any offroad terrains. Its what we use for bad roads
Old 6th January 2010, 09:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Not the right way to show!

Ahh, so finally the pardah is off! I would put it this way, the concept looks bad and there is too much bling to it.

But guys this is a concept...just a concept!! Expect it to be similar looking to thar displayed in Bologna motor show which except for the red interiors looked handsome. The spy testing pics on expressway suggests that!

MM540 was never a bad looker. But this concept is surely not appealing to eyes.

p.s Jaggi bhai, please show us a better example next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-thar203.jpg  

Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-mahindra_thar_concept_2.jpg  

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 6th January 2010 at 09:39.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

See what did all your wish lists made M&M do?

LHD shows M&M is NOT ready or was not prepared! THAR looks like an after thought along with the plastic inserts!

as some one said>> "you will be floored"...I am!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed