Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 10:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
And i think we need to pull curtain on this thread! M&M seems to be in some other planet, dreaming of invading another galaxy!
please do the honours as any further discussions are fruitless!
Old 6th January 2010, 10:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

[quote=MileCruncher;1667547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Sir, could please explain it a bit more. I thought Diff Ratio/Axle Ratio were fixed
Milecruncher,
Diff ratio in a vehicle per se is fixed. But M&M is giving an option in export market to choose between the kind of diff ratio you want, for highway cruising or for offroad use.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
I completely agree with you. This concept hasn't gone well with too many people. This is the case with me too! But there are many who like bling stuff. Specially in Punjab and Delhi circles. There is a larger population outside teambhp.

Again i agree with you. The concept should have been more rugged looking in nature rather than bling stuff.

One thing is wrong in the concept that was shown in Bologna motor show- it was not a driveable vehicle!!

Guys this vehicle is a Scorpio in disguise. It is a short wheel base scorpio that is lighter, quicker and more robust in nature. This has Scorpio aggregates that can match MM540 off road credentials. Dont go by the looks of the concept which is subject to taste to many.

Look what you are getting underneath! A jeep that isnt underpowered, that handles well, has low NVH.

p.s- I repeat production model will be different. It will be like this!
as i said in a different thread, i still have hope and faith to see our kind of THAT and saving money for it!

with IFS, it could be an expensive deal!
Old 6th January 2010, 10:54   #64
BANNED

And I am the only one who see's potential in this. Never cared about the cosmetics anyways.

Look at it whithout the bling.

Bring it on Mahindra, my bhangar wala is going to be be happy to see what all shiney stuff comes off this vehicle.

Whats the price? That would be the clincher.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Rightly put

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
And I am the only one who see's potential in this. Never cared about the cosmetics anyways.

Rightly put spitfire as production model will be without all this bling and of course when launched in India pricing will be the key as always.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 6th January 2010 at 10:57.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Bring it on Mahindra, my bhangar wala is going to be be happy to see what all shiney stuff comes off this vehicle.

I too think it's a great vehicle and been waiting for one,but M&M should get it right this time, the price and quality[wouldn't want to pay for stuff I am going to throw away]. They do not have to provide all the bit in the wish list, give factory support for all the addition for serious off roading. get a basic one out and people will buy.An alternative to buying a used Jeep and building on it, same thing but with a new vehicle. hence the price is a issue.

Last edited by dinar : 6th January 2010 at 11:21.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:02   #67
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance. But Classic is better looking than this.
BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 6th January 2010 at 11:03.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion the second hand market for MM540 civilian models will get effected as Thar will bring back MM540 which was supposed to be extinct.
Cj 500 D doesnt command resale vale of MM540 in off road circles. Thats because it is still available in the form of Major. Expect similar behaviour.

However there would be great demand for MM550 NGCS army versions specially withhard core off roaders. The reason it isnt available to general public and has solid axle.

Hence restorations will go on...but mainly for MM550 NGCS army
Old 6th January 2010, 11:14   #69
BHPian

Bring it on M&M !!!

Like Vinod said,...scratch below the surface and i think we will have a capable machine in this one.
The major silver lining it seems from the pictures are the mechanicals which seem rock solid, and apt for the intended application.

If they also price it right this will find buyers. But sad to use the "N" word,.it will still be Niche (read as small numbers ~300-500 pcs)

The following add-on accessories (as listed below) would have to go for sure.
1. Running boards (first to go as it hampers GC)
2. Front bull bars with add on Foggies
3. The SS roof rails shaped like mt. everest.
4. The racing seats.
5. All the loose plastic cladding.
6. All the un-nessessary chrome.

What would be welcome however would be a "sleek" FRP (removable) cabin, this would make this both a secure daily driver and also favorable for a/c retro / optional fitment.

Now,..await the pricing with baited breath.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
M&M please give us something simple like this with factory fitted options!
Well Parm this jeep actually isn't that simple. The drivetrain has some surprises apart from the 1.8 Petrol ISZ engine. It was already a stunner when Mandeep built it but it has been even meaner looking after the M/T tyres, bumpers, winches etc.
On a slightly positive note, the person at the stall was saying that they had a good 'response' about 4x4 jeep so may be in near future it will be launched here also! But thats only for consolation as of now!
Old 6th January 2010, 12:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Strip down the vehicle. Keep it plain jane without any frills and reduce the price.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

I just love the simple European Thar as seen on the second pic posted by Parm ,than its Desi brother as seen at the Auto Expo.

Removing all the frills should bring down the price a bit. Right? If we see the discussions on the thread most of you would agree that most posts were for creature comforts and a no problem engine on NGCS rather than bling.

Please keep it simple MM.

Last edited by beejay : 6th January 2010 at 13:03.
Old 6th January 2010, 13:01   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So that means Thar is just going to be in dreams for us Indian's sigh! Why is it that all these manufacturers look soooooo far, when the real pudding is sitting under their nose?!
Seriously mate ! Many foreign brands are trying hard to make inroads into India and our Manufacturers still seem to be having a hang over from the colonial days where we Indians were trained/programmed to serve the white man !!.
Old 6th January 2010, 13:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Blingy Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
YUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.. one could vomit just by looking at it...
I just did !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
... So CHEAP..

The plastics, fit/finish of add-ons is HORRIBLE. M&M have got this totally wrong in terms of first visual impressions.
....aaargghhh! I really hate this 2 smiley limit...I definitely need a lot more than 2 smileys to express my feelings about this "Thar" here !!!

And who put those bullet-hole-ridden tin sheets on the tyres??? Whoops...just realised that they were alloys.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 6th January 2010 at 14:05.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i agree with you on a concept vehicle being totally different from actual production model.

if only M&M keeps an eye on TBhp 4x4 forum threads, they will judge the kind of demand in india.

a simple european THAR would have generated bookings at the show itself!

whats wrong with this european thar in the 2 photos?
Look closely it is this thing only under all the mess.. They have named this one "Thar Adventure". So the hope still remains for the actual "THAR".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks