Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 23:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ah ha you just made my day. Any idea of price? Close to perfect....
No idea about the price. I have sent message to Preet for more details, lets wait till morning. And yes, the specs are truly close to perfect.. Even the color options are good.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

BUMP!!! Check the Thar thread..

Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-img_2048.jpg
Old 6th January 2010, 23:21   #108
Team-BHP Support

Whats the good news, brochure? I think i have seen a similar brochure for the import piece sometime back, in some foreign site, dont remember exactly. So if its reproduced at auto show, how does it become good news?

Brochure exist, vehicle exists! BUT is it going to be sold in India? At what price? When?

EDIT: Torsion bar front, is it a good idea for heavy offroading?

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th January 2010 at 23:24.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:30   #109
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Jaggu- Sad to say you are correct..

Reply from Preet

-----------
The jeep on display is LHD. As per mahindra it is for export only. No info on India launch / price.
Preet Sarai
-----------

Now what? BTW these are not brochure pics, these are specifications displayed at the expo, so the hope remains. I guess the situation will be clear by the end of Expo..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 6th January 2010 at 23:37.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

Attachment 258712
after i saw this photo, it just hit me!

Thar Adventure is just a bling bling show case vehicle for people who like BIG tyres, Lots of Chrome, balti wali (bucket) seats, plenty of lights etc.

M&M thought if they displayed a simple stripped hardcore 4WD offroad THAR, nobody will look at it and wont attract attention!

so they come with this Bling Bling Thar Adv and BINGO, its the most talked about vehicle on the TBhp!

now this photo shows how "our" THAR will acutally look like!

Old 6th January 2010, 23:44   #111
Senior - BHPian

Its a LHD. and a very bad finish. as always , looks like mahindra bought it in a hurry. Check the paint splatter on the mudflap. shame on you Mahindra.
Old 7th January 2010, 00:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

The specification pics prove two points:

1) That the one displayed at the Expo is just a variant (Adventure) of THAR. The bling things are added upon base model to make it a "Hot Seller". That we should not hate it but wait for its launch date.

2) It is not made out of leftovers with M&M and is a worked upon product.

One question about the wipers, shouldn't they move in the other direction for a LHD vehicle?

One question about Independant front Suspension.. will that give enough articulation?
Old 7th January 2010, 00:04   #113
Senior - BHPian

A question for the experts: Is the Thar being sold abroad with the 7 bar grille? I thought there were some copyright/ licencing issues involved.

Sutripta
Old 7th January 2010, 00:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ray of light at the end of the bling bling tunnel!

i think M&M will judge the demand and interest in the Thar Adv and then only decide on launching "OUR" THAR.
Old 7th January 2010, 00:29   #115
Senior - BHPian

Now only suspense is the price for this. I hope M&M gets it right and launched the vehicle soon.

Last edited by dinar : 7th January 2010 at 00:33.
Old 7th January 2010, 00:35   #116
Team-BHP Support

Yeah i meant the standing thingies which was placed for the earlier display, of the pink interior thar

Anyways lets wait for now and pray something will happen with India launch, sigh!
Old 7th January 2010, 00:41   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
A question for the experts: Is the Thar being sold abroad with the 7 bar grille? I thought there were some copyright/ licencing issues involved.

Sutripta
American JEEP has 7 bar grill.

M&M has 6 bar and 7 slot grill. no copy right or other issues involved!
Old 7th January 2010, 00:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 258712
why no one posted this photo before?

yeah, the bling bling attracts people and a simple Thar the 4WD offroadie!
Old 7th January 2010, 01:46   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - thank you for all your very correct comments. So, now you have seen the vehicle at the Auto Expo. This is great. I will be at the stall next to my beloved project vehicle for 3 full days, starting tomorrow. Now, to clear some of your comments, I may like to mention as follows:

Displaying LHD or RHD vehicle does not matter. If LHD can be manufactured, RHD can also be manufactured.

Please note that in order to sell the vehicle in any country, it needs to pass through a very elaborate homologation process. This is true for India also. The vehicle needs to meet the relevant CMVR (Central Motor Vehicle Rules). This includes exhaust emissions, noise, safety requirements, external projections etc. Therefore, it becomes a natural resultant that only a vehicle which shall successfully meet the CMVR shall finally see light of day in production. I think this should put all "bling bling" type speculations to rest once and for all. "Bling blings" cannot come in production even if someone wanted them to. That said, I would like to compliment our fellow Team-BHPian Ym-enjn for his post nos 232 / 234 / 236. So, dear friends, now may I humbly request you to please move away from the "bling bling" related comments which I have clarified and use the data in posts 232 / 234 / 236 to give your actual comments on the vehicle. Let's start this healthy debate. Myfirst salvo - Performance? - this thing does things in 2WD where other average 4WD vehicles will falter. Just look at it. 105 v/s 60 BHP. 27 v/s 12 kgm. Is there any comparison?

I KNOW THAT YOU GUYS WANT A NO NONSENSE 4*4 AND NOTHING ELSE. YOU SHALL GET IT, AND GET IT SOONER THAN YOU THINK AND IT SHALL BE AFFORDABLE TOO. IT SHALL ALSO MEET CMVR.

Don't worry guys, stay cool, things shall happen ! Come to the Auto Expo, 3 days, starting tomorrow. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 01:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Thats some good news coming in from Mr. Behram. A "NO NonSense" and "Affordable" 4*4 i a dream come true.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks