Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 23:40   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Sir, Great to see the monster under hood. I personally feel the Airfilter's position or placement would have been better if placed close to the firewall. If only the Airfilter box fixed near to firewall and the air inlet on the right end of bodyline inside the engine bay, one can easily fabricate the Snorkel setup. Who knows there may be after market Indian made products could also be made. Just my point.
i think the AF box is placed at the right place to fit a after market snorkle!

as you can see the space near the firewall where the battery is placed, is not enough to accomodate the AF box due the space constraints!

sir, do we get to see a factory fitted rear bench/seat or just the 1+1 option as seen in the photos?

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2010 at 01:54. Reason: Back to back posts, edit original post instead. Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 23:40   #422
BHPian

oh boy I am sold !! Lets see this in show rooms now ,..!!! My Top $ is on this one !
Old 13th January 2010, 23:42   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Thats a great promo of a HIT picture. So we are going to have a FULL Customization options for it..
may be while booking it, sales person will ask, "Sir, you can tick below options :"
1. FFRA (DANA 44)
2a. LSD
2b. Lockers
3. Ultra Low T-Case (4.16:1)
4. Snorkel
5. Hard Top
6. SFA (DANA 44)
7. Others....

Please let there be more trailers..

8. Winch and mounting kits
9. Air-Con(if hard top variant)
10. built in GPS
Old 13th January 2010, 23:47   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - once again, thank you for your very well informed and pertinent / excellent comments. To put any speculations regarding equipment levels in perspective /clarity, please note that only that vehicle which meets CMVR (Central Motor Vehicle Rules) can be manufactured, sold and registered in our country. So, many of your wish lists (mine too) go straight out of the window. I hope I am clear in giving direction to your thoughts. For example, customers fit oversized tyres to numerous vehicles, but they never come in production.

Now think !!!!!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 23:51   #425
Senior - BHPian

i want a factory made stripped version at a very decent price of below 6L!

people can add anything they want on it depending upon taste, needs and moolah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - once again, thank you for your very well informed and pertinent / excellent comments. To put any speculations regarding equipment levels in perspective /clarity, please note that only that vehicle which meets CMVR (Central Motor Vehicle Rules) can be manufactured, sold and registered in our country. So, many of your wish lists (mine too) go straight out of the window. I hope I am clear in giving direction to your thoughts. For example, customers fit oversized tyres to numerous vehicles, but they never come in production.

Now think !!!!!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
exactly, and thank you for keeping the cost of the vehicle down by not adding most of the items on the wish lists of many of us.

i think M&M customisation will have a good role to play in adding after market items from our wish lists!

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2010 at 01:21. Reason: Back to back posts, edit original post instead. Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 23:59   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Parm - YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, MY GOOD FRIEND. Please PM me your number, we need to talk at length.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th January 2010, 00:02   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now think !!!!!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Mr Dhabhar,

you havnt yet answered 2 very simple questions we have asked again and again.

1. Will there be a Hrdtop/AC variant ?
2. Expected Launch time?

Please answer them if possible.

thanks
Old 14th January 2010, 00:03   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Parm - YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, MY GOOD FRIEND. Please PM me your number, we need to talk at length.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Well M&M customisation also needs to earn some money from modification/customisation of the THAR from people who can pay for it!

All dreams do come true, just bring along $$!

Sir, its late night in india, its past midnight and you still working on making people's dreams come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Mr Dhabhar,

you havnt yet answered 2 very simple questions we have asked again and again.

1. Will there be a Hrdtop/AC variant ?
2. Expected Launch time?

Please answer them if possible.

thanks
Answers:

1. watch M&M customisation dept
2. Xmas will be early this year

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2010 at 01:23. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 14th January 2010, 00:10   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Answers:

1. watch M&M customisation dept
2. Xmas will be early this year
come on man, i am totally fed up of the guessing game. i think we already have had enough till last month in this thread.

if you have any concrete information, please share

otherwise i am watching.
Old 14th January 2010, 00:17   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
come on man, i am totally fed up of the guessing game. i think we already have had enough till last month in this thread.

if you have any concrete information, please share

otherwise i am watching.
please understand the sensitivity of the vehicle in question and i cant break the trust by letting the cat out of the bag!

just trust the info being given out on the forum. see how Behram sir is putting the photos of the vehilce on this forum!

AC and HardTop are minor things compared to the MHawk engine in the beast and Behram sir has already showed it to us.
Old 14th January 2010, 01:22   #431
BHPian

Mr Behram,
Awesome , It is very refreshing and energizing to see a practical macho Thar. With the options of customizations, our dream of a custom built Thar comes true. Thanks so much. And if we can opt for a mHawk motor, then the rest like hard top, AC etc will be sure shot options I guess. Building our own Thar is the best part of this whole thing.
By the way, with the information on this threat, Can I conclude that Thar will NOT be a limited edition??

Last edited by GrayBerry : 14th January 2010 at 01:29.
Old 14th January 2010, 01:31   #432
Team-BHP Support

Dear Behram,

Am floored! Never expected to see so much so soon. I think AC is quite feasible, infact the gray bonnet (LHD/Export) has heater also installed i guess

The very thought of purchasing a brand new vehicle with brand new parts, with all the fasteners, clips, screws, nut and bolt intact, painted perfect without overspray, itself has started giving me very sweet dreams!

Thank you! Hope she is available at the showrooms soon and may our bank balance be healthy enough to make the payments soon after the test drives.

cheers
Jaggu

EDIT: Black one stance difference due to the missing fender trims, which i personally wouldnt want on my offroad vehicle for obvious reasons, apart from the missing side step (wouldnt be missed).

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2010 at 01:37.
Old 14th January 2010, 06:47   #433
Senior - BHPian

@ Behram Dhabar:

Guess the THAR does not have AC? Does it sir? I see the intercooler mounted in front of the Radiator, unlike my Storm where it sits behind the front bumper. This is great for OTRs to save the intercooler from going bust!

But what about AC?
Old 14th January 2010, 07:28   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@ Behram Dhabar:

Guess the THAR does not have AC? Does it sir? I see the intercooler mounted in front of the Radiator, unlike my Storm where it sits behind the front bumper. This is great for OTRs to save the intercooler from going bust!

But what about AC?
Up front it is subject to being pelted by rocks and hwy debris. A tough screen would protect it and the radiator methinks. It was -2C here this morning. Keep your A/C. where is the FREAKING heater? Just kidding.....
North American Toyota mod below. You guys think I can mod my amby to this?....just kidding. Well, here I am in tropical India freezing my asterisk off....just not kidding one little bit.

By the way, I doubt seriously if M&M customizers are capable of making many mechanical changes. Installing lockers or LSD requires a skill set different from painting and denting and bolting on bling body parts. Gear lash, the way gears fit together in a differential for example, have to be set to be set perfectly and this is something of an art form in itself. It would have been nice to have LSD factory installed and done correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-snow-toyota.jpg  

Last edited by DirtyDan : 14th January 2010 at 07:45.
Old 14th January 2010, 08:07   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
AC and HardTop are minor things compared to the MHawk engine in the beast and Behram sir has already showed it to us.
I think it is the MEagle (2.5L Xylo engine) and not the Mhawk (2.2) liter in the Thar.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed