Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 12:00   #841
Senior - BHPian

7 seater configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
... / seats, to suit 7 seater CMVR configuration / ...
uh..oh...does that mean 3 in front (no separate bucket seats, but split bench seat in front) and 2 side-facing bench seats in the rear (2 + 2) ?
Old 24th February 2010, 12:29   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - I was also wondering why the sudden silence? We are now completely immersed in getting the requisite homologation through. These are the "slog overs" that we have to perforce cross, to convert our dream to reality. Guys, pray! Please pray! We need every single prayer that you can give us! This reminds me of a line from the song in the movie 3 idiots - "agarbattiyan raakh ho gayi, God ko phir bhi dikha nahin"). . AAL IJH WELL, AAL IJH WELL.

Dear Yikes6633 - reply to your post above is - body, MM540 / roll cage, optional dealer fitment / tyres, P235/70R16 optional P235/75R15 / rims, 6.5J*16 steel (as you guys will change anything we give anyways) / seats, to suit 7 seater CMVR configuration / speedometer cluster, same as Bolero VLX / lights, CMVR controlled.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir, Though the 540 has been around for ages and engines in it have been changed in the past, are the CMVR regulations still so difficult to sail past?

Given that the roll cage will be an optional fitment at the dealer, I wanted you to confirm if we would have a soft top option in India vis a vis the hardtop Thar thats launched in Europe. I hope its a soft top so that we can either get a hardtop/soft top to suit our preference.

Also, just wanted to confirm if the 7 seater CMVR configuration will be similar to that of the Legend with 2 row benches at the rear and bucket seats in the front.

Our prayers are with you so that the Thar has a successful launch very very soon.

Thanks Behram sir to you and your team for all the efforts to give us what we need.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:48   #843
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Behram bhai will MLD be a part of the package?
Old 24th February 2010, 14:55   #844
BHPian

Translated from an Italian website.

Mahindra Thar Hard-Top Off road per tutte le tasche - Repubblica.it

Is called Thar Hard-Top and is dedicated to those who want to learn for the first time to drive off road without paying too much mind-boggling. Made from Indian manufacturer Mahindra, this robust 4x4 it only costs 17,520 euros turnkey and is a compact front-wheel drive vehicle with a classic look that deliberately recalls the legendary 4x4 that have shaped the history of the SUV.

Mahindra Thar named after the Thar Desert or Great Indian Desert. Exposed European premiere, even as a prototype at the Bologna Motor Show 2008, is equipped with an inline-4 engine of 2,500 cc turbo direct-injection common-rail intercooled 107 bhp (79 kW), designed by the Austrian AVL in collaboration with Germany's Bosch and produced in India by Mahindra itself. The mechanism is complemented by a manual 5-speed gearbox combined with a manual entry Borg Warner, who also serves as a splitter and the front hubs to free grafting automatic.

The front suspension is independent with torsion bars and rear rigid axle with leaf springs and shock absorbers. The brakes are front ventilated disc and rear drum. 6.5Jx steel wheels from 16 inches (on request alloy 7.0Jx16) are equipped with 235/70 R16 tires.

This compact 4x4 vehicle (length 3920 mm, width 1710 mm, height 1930 mm) has a walking beam steel chassis supporting a body covered with a hard open-top made of plastic. The range includes a version 2 seats and a 4-seater that are proposed respectively to 17,520 and 17,760 euros turnkey
Old 24th February 2010, 20:43   #845
BHPian

Just for fun..looks like this guy was in Delhi for AutoExpo & was so impressed by Thar Adventure!

BTW, it will be really convenient if Thar comes in a Pickup like version like the Mango colored Jeep. Sealed top & a Steel/ fibre body B-Piller Partition.
We can have a soft top looks with safety of locked cabin & also can enjoy the AC w/o any dust.

, but is that last mango jeep a Mahindra? By looking @ the doors, it looks like so, but it looks a bit longer than standard MM550.

It can be a nicely done up Mahindra PikUP 4WD?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-jeep175.jpg  

Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-adolfjeep6.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 09:07. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 24th February 2010, 22:11   #846
Senior - BHPian

how many of you guys will prefer a ST version to a HT one as a factory fitted option? @DKG good news in store for all of you,

Spike
Old 24th February 2010, 23:05   #847
Senior - BHPian

All right now we talking. Waiting for the confirmation.

Manufacturers actually taking advice from enthusiasts!
Old 24th February 2010, 23:34   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
:
, but is that last mango jeep a Mahindra? By looking @ the doors, it looks like so, but it looks a bit longer than standard MM550.

It is MAHINDRA 750DP 4x4 customised with mm540 body parts.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:53   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
how many of you guys will prefer a ST version to a HT one as a factory fitted option? @DKG good news in store for all of you,

Spike
Spike, any day a soft top version will be preferred. Infact I would prefer the version that Behram sir is driving/testing on the offroad track, the black thar without the doors, flares and is a soft top.

Rgds
Yikes
Old 24th February 2010, 23:56   #850
BHPian

The Thar is coming to Austria these days, will be presented at the Absolut Allrad event
absolut allrad 2010 - Allrad- und Geländefahrzeuge
Old 25th February 2010, 00:04   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I agree, we have been doing the talking for ages now, now it's time for Mahindra to do the walk ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Enough has been said about it - Maybe you should read all the pages

Put your money down and we'll talk!
With all due respects 4X4addict and headers I have been following this thread with utmost interest and enthusiasm and haven't missed a single quote posted here.

In the past the posts were around the IFS, Chasis, Engine, Looks and the handling.

I felt the silence as no one mentioned given that the Thar is launched the way described by the Behram Sir, how could we work on it to make it the perfect offroad machine vis a vis the tyres, rims, roll cage, doors, seating, lights, winch etc.

I raised this up thinking that the more experienced and knowledgable BHPians and Jeepers would be able to throw light around these factors and help the inexperienced newbies like me.

Also, we all have been repeated seeing posts that the Thar would be priced in 6+lac range, however given that its the 540 body in its basic avataar with a BS4 engine the cost of which can be reduced based on economies of scale I was expecting a discussion on the price.

The Legend was launched with an ex showroom price of 6.15 with mags, fogs, winch, wooden interiors, leather seats, military spec lights, roll cage, foot gaurd, flares, audio etc. so working out the maths the Thar can be priced very very competitively and can be made to fit a lot of pockets.

Therefore request to start the discussions/brainstorming again
Old 25th February 2010, 00:28   #852
BHPian

I think the Thar must be offered in 2 variants, both 4X4. One in its very basic form - no doors, soft top and highly customizable. The other with all the frills, audio system, roll cage and a fibre top (like the one launched in Europe) for those who like the feeling of a capsule. Obviously the latter will be priced significantly higher
Old 25th February 2010, 03:07   #853
BHPian

Quote:

Spike
I prefer ST but couldn't we have both.
Old 25th February 2010, 05:29   #854
BHPian

Quote:
good news in store for all of you,
Spike
Whats that?
Good news ko bhi suspense rakhte ho? Mahindra me ye sab kya hota hai?

Hope the govt formalities are completed & a fix decision is made regarding variants & price.

BTW: There will be another auto show on BKC (Mumbai) this March.
Will Mahindra showcase the offroading capabilities of Thar on their Mud track & ramp. (Just like they did last time for Getaway.)
It will be really good for ...
Old 25th February 2010, 06:51   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMkd View Post
The Thar is coming to Austria these days, will be presented at the Absolut Allrad event
absolut allrad 2010 - Allrad- und Geländefahrzeuge
Thanks JeepMkd,
There will be a Mahindra Thar along with Goa (Scorpio).
As the starting date is from Today 25 - 28 Feb 2010, So pls keep us posted.
BTW, is there any international review on Thar?

Here are translated links:
Information

Event

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 25th February 2010 at 07:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed