Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:21   #1216
BHPian

No problemo jeepster, ok just a last one, I had no idea Team- bhp is no more a public forum and you get shot down for expressing your opinion just kidding brother. My thought of line was just to make Thar a bit different then 550 with regard to the soft top (looks of army 550 is my favorite I even congratulated Behram sir for the same subtle looks) as it is to be positioned as a lifestyle vehicle.
As we have seen through pictures Thar looks good with roll cage open top, as well as the export model hard top. Point is just to make Thar look bit different just in matter of the soft top, maybe for recognizing it

Regards

Pranav
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:04   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear NDMS - you are absolutely correct, I also want to do the soft top differently and the complete details are absolutely ready in my head, with all cues taken from the CL340 classic of course, the aluminium folding pipes, the slanting angle, the colour co-ordinated schemes of body v/s canopy. Somebody said "wipers", somebody said "steering column switch", arre baba, I already know yaar !

PRAY GUYS PRAY! ONCE AGAIN!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 24th March 2010, 10:49   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear NDMS - you are absolutely correct, I also want to do the soft top differently and the complete details are absolutely ready in my head, with all cues taken from the CL340 classic of course, the aluminium folding pipes, the slanting angle, the colour co-ordinated schemes of body v/s canopy. Somebody said "wipers", somebody said "steering column switch", arre baba, I already know yaar !

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Pray??? Maan with the amount of praying I've done by now I would have topped the I.C.S.E, been in the I.A.S, settled in the U.S., married and divorced to Brooke Shields and had a body like Lou Ferrignio (and known how to spell it too). C'mon man we are waiting for the Thar or has it been rechristened as the 'miracle'.

Honestly, My ole fav is fading and it's either the Thar or the Bolero VLX. So please to be informing of price and when? Want us still to pray or would like all of us to begin chanting?
chaunfa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 10:56   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Cues

Quote:

STGH!!!!!

While including the Aluminium Folding Pipes, please try to do away with the Folding Axles.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Sirji you are too caught up in LOOKs and Top Speed, at the speeds mentioned by you what will happen to the rag-top?

Last edited by ex670c : 24th March 2010 at 10:59.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:00   #1220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunfa View Post
Pray??? Maan with the amount of praying I've done by now I would have topped the I.C.S.E, been in the I.A.S, settled in the U.S., married and divorced to Brooke Shields and had a body like Lou Ferrignio (and known how to spell it too).
LOL. Similiar thoughts here.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:18   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, My ole fav is fading and it's either the Thar or the Bolero VLX. So please to be informing of price and when? Want us still to pray or would like all of us to begin chanting?
I hear that lot of "Important" people are abandoning the hope of Thar and going for Bolero VLX . After all with it you can raise "Storm" and run circles in/around Thar
Old 24th March 2010, 13:28   #1222
BHPian

Let's not arrive at any conclusions yet, the final specs of the Indian Thar are not out as yet and the variants that would be available. If the homologation is still work in progress then there sure are some changes and additions that are being incorporated/considered.

Also Behram Sir has been trying his best to incorporate items that have been listed in our wish lists and its us who were/are waiting for an all new and capable 4X4

Let's support him and hope for the best!
Old 24th March 2010, 13:48   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I hear that lot of "Important" people are abandoning the hope of Thar and going for Bolero VLX . After all with it you can raise "Storm" and run circles in/around Thar
Right after reading about your Leh-Ladakh trip, I thought I did want a faster Bolero and after driving one for seven -eight years...in my heart of hearts I know that the VLX will do more than nicely.

I was just waiting for something different, something with a 4wld option. Yesterday I was licking the paint of a red storm when I saw that turning the ignition lights up the 2wd and 4wd options. So why can't the buggers just give it 4wd. Even the showroom foreman reluctantly said,"Don't know why they always leave one thing out?"

If nothing else I will be counted among one of the important people by milecruncher.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:10   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Milecruncher - Bolero VLX with 97 BHP, 3.73:1 axle ratio and higher kerb weight running circles around ----- WHAT ????

But then, there is going to be this Bolero VLX with ----- , (don't speculate guys, that's just my "bheja" working overtime) !

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 24th March 2010, 15:14   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...But then, there is going to be this Bolero VLX with ----- ...
me thinks it is time for a new thread "Wishlist : what would you want on your 4WD Bolero VLX (Storm)"

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 24th March 2010 at 15:16.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:25   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Blue Thunder - GOOD ONE I SAY. Bolero VLX 4WD is also under my umbrella now. Today was a GOOD DAY!. Your prayers seem to have worked.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 24th March 2010, 15:29   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Bolero VLX 4WD is also under my umbrella now. Today was a GOOD DAY!. Your prayers seem to have worked...
That is indeed good news, sir

with 2.2 mHawk engine as an option, maybe ??!
Old 24th March 2010, 15:33   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But then, there is going to be this Bolero VLX with ----- , (don't speculate guys, that's just my "bheja" working overtime) !

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dhabar sir,
I know you are fighting a battle, lets hope the results are favorable. Thar is your pet project, we all contributed to it as we wanted it to be world class off road! Thar for what it is and how ever it is, it deserves to see the light of the day.

BTW with Thar mechanicals and axle ratio a Bolero Storm 4wd will be spot on! And yes, in this version i am not going to ask for solid axle as it serves a different market - 4wd touring, not off roading!
Old 24th March 2010, 15:39   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vinod - YOU SRE SPOT ON CORRECT. You know which Bolero VLX I am talking about.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 24th March 2010, 16:04   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If nothing else I will be counted among one of the important people by milecruncher.
Sir, sorry to say, but people like you and me are not counted in the "Important" people I mentioned . You and me are just normal folks who take whatever they are served.

Quote:
Dear Milecruncher - Bolero VLX with 97 BHP, 3.73:1 axle ratio and higher kerb weight running circles around ----- WHAT ????

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram Sir, You should have been there are JT-5A to see how Header's Storm ran circles around the every 4X4. It even did one of the obstacles without acceleration input. Damn we didn't capture it on Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
me thinks it is time for a new thread "Wishlist : what would you want on your 4WD Bolero VLX (Storm)"

Quote:
Dear Blue Thunder - GOOD ONE I SAY. Bolero VLX 4WD is also under my umbrella now. Today was a GOOD DAY!. Your prayers seem to have worked.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks Behram Sir, would lobve to see the Storm 4WD see the light of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Dhabar sir,
I know you are fighting a battle, lets hope the results are favorable. Thar is your pet project, we all contributed to it as we wanted it to be world class off road! Thar for what it is and how ever it is, it deserves to see the light of the day.

BTW with Thar mechanicals and axle ratio a Bolero Storm 4wd will be spot on! And yes, in this version i am not going to ask for solid axle as it serves a different market - 4wd touring, not off roading!
Dear Vinod, I think Thar is already going to be positioned to the 4WD touring market in its present avatar, so that makes either the Thar or Storm 4WD redundant

Quote:
Dear Vinod - YOU SRE SPOT ON CORRECT. You know which Bolero VLX I am talking about.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks