Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 17:34   #1441
BHPian

answer to prayers

Okay how much longer will it take to reach the dealerships? The guys who deal with Boleros have no clue

regards,

chaunfa
Old 28th April 2010, 11:35   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Here is the Updated Fuel Economy Data from SIAM - January 2010 which includes BSIV data.

For 4 wheel vehicles

Attachment 339362
Attachment 339363
Attachment 339364
Attachment 339365
Attachment 339366

Source: SIAM Website

line item 150! xylo 4wd has reached arai for testing??? couldnt find thar in the list though

edit: check attachment 339365!

Last edited by govigov : 28th April 2010 at 11:37.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:53   #1443
Senior - BHPian

govigov, that was some useful information, thanks for sharing.

Spike
Old 28th April 2010, 12:45   #1444
Senior - BHPian

here is the original thread, where the post was made by wildon

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1859484
Old 30th April 2010, 23:09   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Parm /all - I am in the same dilemma as you are. Just to fill you in, we are in the midst of the "slog overs" phase of the homologation process. Believe me when I tell you that this thing is more boring than cutting onions all day. Yuck! There are surprises every day. You feel so frustrated but you just have to take it in your stride. However, once homologation is through, and it will take its own time, there is nothing anyone can do about it, then we can .

Till that time, I'm enjoying every drive. 99.9% of my use is commuting, so its zip zap zoom with other road users wondering what just whizzed past. I like my Thar this way. I don't go offroad every day and have no intention of doing so. I don't have to prove anything to anybody any more. So finally IT GIVES ME EXACTLY WHAT I WANT.. In the end, it should give you what you want.

I have already started working on other equally exciting projects.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir, what is exactly meant by the 'slog overs', my understanding is that the Thar is already being sold in SA. There are pictures of the Thar being driven around/tested, that means the production is in progress and vehicles are rolling out of the assembly line.

In the earlier posts it was also evident that the homologation processes were successful and that they were, one of the many, happiest days for you. I also understand that the CMVR requirements are met. Then what is meant when you say that the process is more boring than cutting onions all day.

Are there more approvals that need to be in place before the production of the Indian variant begins?

Also, your response quoting that 'it will take its own time and there is nothing anyone can do about it' is quite disheartening and pushes the horizon far far away. Its like sailing in a ship towards the horizon and the horizon always seems far far away.

I'm sure there are things that one could do to make it happen, how then do car manufacturers meet target dates of product/variant/model launches if one couldn't do anything about it?

Regards
Yikes!
Old 1st May 2010, 11:25   #1446
BHPian

No thar withthar :-)

After some months I finally am like the fox with the sour grapes. While the better half was all for my kiddie quest for a thar, hard realities of life say if one thar has to do it all, then its spelled Scorpio maybe with abs and a 4x or axe the 4X too. With that I am now at peace and out of the running. Will be nice to look at one when its ready but I will no longer have to watch my bp (blood pressure) ebbing and rising on this thread with growing frustration and half replies.

Regards,

Chaunfa
Old 1st May 2010, 13:08   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Dear Behram Sir, what is exactly meant by the 'slog overs', my understanding is that the Thar is already being sold in SA. There are pictures of the Thar being driven around/tested, that means the production is in progress and vehicles are rolling out of the assembly line.

In the earlier posts it was also evident that the homologation processes were successful and that they were, one of the many, happiest days for you. I also understand that the CMVR requirements are met. Then what is meant when you say that the process is more boring than cutting onions all day.
Everyone here knows how "Chicken Curry" tastes without Onions, isn't it? (Even people who don't cook know this). No matter what the design is, if it doesn't satisfy the norms laid down, the design is worthless or futile. BTW who said homologation process was over?

Spike
Old 1st May 2010, 17:26   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I have already started working on other equally exciting projects...
Any solid axle jeep type projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
.... BTW who said homologation process was over?
Spike

...another case of M&M not using the correct lubricant for the right application?

Is there any additional info on the Thar? A hard top option would be nice.
I imagine options can conflict with homologation.

Through genetic engineering, many old rubber plantations are now producing tyres directly from root systems of genetically altered rubber trees. This eliminates gathering and processing raw rubber and, of course, the arduous and costly production mold process of yore.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar revealed at Autoexpo 2010-t-r-401-x-276.jpg  

Old 1st May 2010, 19:27   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Everyone here knows how "Chicken Curry" tastes without Onions, isn't it? (Even people who don't cook know this).
Hey Spike, what about Vegetarians? They havent a clue about Chicken Curry

Now, Coming to topic - Is the THAR coming at all?

I'm asking this question because we just seem to be typing pages of "substance" without any clue about the vehicle release date.

This is really taking the *iss
Old 1st May 2010, 22:14   #1450
Senior - BHPian

@Headers Yes, it is definitely coming, will be in a position to quote a tentative date once the "Onion cutting" is over. We are almost there.

Spike
Old 1st May 2010, 22:18   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Any solid axle jeep type projects?
Hmm. Good Curry, err.. I mean query.
May be thats another secret Mahindra recipe.
Let it taste good without much of Onions in it.

No Delay
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:57   #1452
Senior - BHPian

I knew something was cooking at MM , but i didnt expect it would be something so spicy :-) I hope the Thar, when it is launched, comes souped up with FFRA and solid axle in the front. The wonderful hard-top options would be the icing on the cake.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:58   #1453
BHPian

Spoke to a senior official at M&M today, according to him Thar will be launced "very soon" and that it will sport a "competitive price tag". Lets hope that M&M gives us a modern off roader at reasonable cost soon.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:09   #1454
Muzungu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Spoke to a senior official at M&M today, according to him Thar will be launced "very soon" and that it will sport a "competitive price tag". Lets hope that M&M gives us a modern off roader at reasonable cost soon.
"competitive price tag" for 4x2 or 4x4?

Old 4th May 2010, 16:17   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Cost has always been Mahindra's secret ingredient which distinguishes it from its competition. Look at the prices of the Xylo/Scorpio and you'll know the Thar will come cheap. I am thinking 6-7L, considering its selling for 10L+ in South Africa!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed