Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 00:42   #151
BHPian

wow Jeep,..

hgnishanth:
You have an awesome drive now, waiting to see your completed pics.

How reliable are restored army 550s? Just for a compression chart, say a new jeep can be driven for 500 KM non-stop in the middle of the night without any checks for a long trip (checks like oil level, engine, brakes, etc), now can we do this in a well restored 550? Would regular services (say once every 5k kms) be sufficient for a care-free daily drive?
Old 18th February 2010, 09:53   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
thank you Nishanth sir , im thinking of putting the same lights for my gypsy
Dude just check if the Gyspy and Jeep lights are of the same fit.. I am not a gypsy or jeep expert so not sure but just check before u pick up a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Nishanth your vehicle does not have a door check arm nor a door hinge stopper? Also are the front fenders non-army type?

Spike
Spike

Door check arm? Is it the length of rubber strip which prevents the door from opening all the way to the back? well i have that but in the pics it was not yet fixed.
Fenders? It is the army type which came with the Jeep, but i have covered up the hole for the blackout lights on top of the fender. The wheel arch extensions are non army type, front ones from maxx pick up and rear from commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
Hi Nishanth

The Jeep is coming out damn cool. Regarding the rear door, I was browsing the net and came across a site which has some cool accessories for the Gypsy.

ZUK-N-OVATIONS - A Suzuki Adventure Company

The rear door/bumper design espesially was to my liking (pic below). If you know someone who is good at metal work, maybe he could fabricate one for you.
Thanks man.. will check it out but for now it shall be old tail gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT:

noooooooooo, i wish i could do the same thing you are with the MM OR steal this one from you
You can and i guess you will in a few weeks or months time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Dude! your jeep is coming up superb!! Appreciate the time and the dedication.
Could you please tell us

Whats the Price of the amby headlights for a set?

The difference you experienced after switching to these headlights?

Thnks! Keep the spirits high!
Thanks man.. Price of head lights full assembly without motor Rs650 each
Difference i cannot tell as i have not driven my jeep with the old headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
hgnishanth:
You have an awesome drive now, waiting to see your completed pics.

How reliable are restored army 550s? Just for a compression chart, say a new jeep can be driven for 500 KM non-stop in the middle of the night without any checks for a long trip (checks like oil level, engine, brakes, etc), now can we do this in a well restored 550? Would regular services (say once every 5k kms) be sufficient for a care-free daily drive?
Thanks man..
I do know jeeps need constant attention and you fill small nagging problems.. about reliability.. experts can comment here.. i am not one and cannot say.

Update

Phase 1 of restoration now complete. I will give the Full Update and detaild pics by today evening or latest tomorrow morning. (No time to sit in front of the comp.)

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 18th February 2010, 12:33   #153
Senior - BHPian

@Nishanth, you are right about the door check arm. Fender extension i can make out it is a non army type, better go for an army type, it aids articulation and has relief built into it.

Spike
Old 19th February 2010, 17:32   #154
BHPian

Update - Phase 1 Restoration Complete

UPDATE - PHASE 1 RESTORATION COMPLETE

Guys,

Here is the Jeep completed, with its new shoes on . Only the soft top has to be put up before the registration. I have received the items harjeev has sent from delhi. Got the Innova seats fixed. They are really comfortable.
Due to time constraint i could not not wait for the new type of rear tail gate and i had to go ahead with the existing one and finish the painting. The new tail gate Has come with the innova seats and front tow hooks which will be fitted in a few months time. Still to fit seat covers for the innova seats and music system.

There are as usual minor electrical problems and some sounds from the underbody most probably the silencer touching something and the vibration sounds, which has to be attended to.

Mods planned in a few months time in Phase 2
-Front facing rear seats
-snorkel
-bull bar with 2 fog lights and 2 extra head lamps
-high lift jack
-winch

Here are the pictures.

Cheers

Nishanth

The garage team who worked on the Jeep

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2160868.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2160870.jpg

Here are the pictures of the Jeep

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180906.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180921.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180922.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180923.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180924.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180925.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180926.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180927.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180928.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180929.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180931.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180933.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180934.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180935.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180936.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180940.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180941.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180942.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180943.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180944.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180945.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180947.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-p2180949.jpg

FINALLY THE COMPARISON.. BEFORE AND AFTER

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-1.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-2.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-3.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-5.jpg

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-4.jpg
hgnishanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 17:40   #155
BHPian

Congratulations, Nishanth.

Love the color and wheels. It is looking absolutely beautiful.

How much did the Innova seats cost you?

Cheers,
Old 19th February 2010, 17:48   #156
BHPian

ho ho ho!!!! What a transformation Nishant!!!! I really appreciate your time and effort to restore her. And i am glad that you haven,'t done any unreliable mods like PS etc, How is the steering after those Massive tyres? And what is tyre specs? hmm rear tail lamps are in a vulnable position.

Enjoy you jeep and take care of him. Congrats once again.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 19th February 2010, 18:23   #157
Team-BHP Support

WOW! Excellent restoration work Nishant! All the hard work has payed off and she is just perfect.

Looking forward to your participation in the future OTR's.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 19th February 2010, 18:38   #158
Senior - BHPian

Super Restoration and lightning fast. I was hoping to meet you and Jeep tommorow.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:44   #159
BHPian

Wow great looking Jeep; loved the comparision pictures.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:44   #160
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work, it looks great. Get some sort of seat covers on those seats as they will be fully of dirt and dust soon (the vinyl/art leather ones are easy to wipe down). .
Old 19th February 2010, 19:18   #161
BHPian

The jeep looks lovely! Good job mate!!

OT: when will you be leaving back to the ship/ attend a course? I feel the speedy restoration was due to that!!
Old 19th February 2010, 19:46   #162
Senior - BHPian

Nishant, great job done. where do you park your new possession? I need the seats.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:43   #163
BHPian

Awsomw, it is just superb. Love the look which the wheels are giving it.

Looking forward to PH II
Old 19th February 2010, 21:12   #164
Senior - BHPian

just one word - Fantabulous

and could you also enlighten me on those 2 things that are there on the front bumpers, i guess all army vehicles have that.

Keep it going. you should do a gypsy next.
Old 19th February 2010, 21:24   #165
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Nishanth! What a transformation!
I just love the way it looks now.
Cheers and enjoy driving your wonderful Jeep.
Deepak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks