Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 19:29   #16
BHPian

Congrats on you new bull Ntomer. Hope to see some pics of the gypsy. How I wish I had a gypsy..
Old 19th January 2010, 21:05   #17
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulation Nitin. Hope your Gypsy serves you well.

Its a very potent vehicle and after joining the forum I have also become a fan of it.

In fact I am also planning to buy a similar vehicle but currently I have more cars than I need so no chance in near future.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:57   #18
BHPian

Thanx a lot guy for the wishes.

Now please answer the queries as well :-)

\N
Old 20th January 2010, 02:17   #19
BHPian

Nitin, congrats on ur buy...and to start with, dont feel bad abt the price - its worth the money than the headache of finding the "feel right" one....u were lucky to get it in the first place...i talk with experience (tho' not much) coz i looked for one months and ended up buying an over price carb because i realized i was loosing too much hair stressing abt gettin the right deal....i restored it to an mpfi engine, mainly stock, just with headers n a KnN n a new paint job...n its come out pretty neat...for the tyres, i got MRF wndrer 215/70/15 n i like them....u can check them out in the pics i'll post soon in a new topic in this forum...

cheers,
Abhey
Old 20th January 2010, 10:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
When I was driving back from Mayapuri to home, I noticed that vehicle was making a lot of noise, although there were no major vibrations in body or gear lever, the 4*4 lever was shuddering like crazy. And these were hard shudders, not vibrations.

I slotted it to 4H and 4L (without moving the vehicle) and then again 2H so that if something was stuck somewhere, it can be corrected but it didn't help all.

Please tell me what can be the reason for it and what should I ask the mechanic to look for.
Nitin
first of all, does your gypsy has a proper working 4x4 or the front axle has been disengaged by the mayapuri dealer?

you have to check both the shafts connected to the front and the rear axles respectively, because these hard shudders are coming from the shafts being not connected properly.

get it inspected by a MASS with a proper gyspy experienced mechanic.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
first of all, does your gypsy has a proper working 4x4 or the front axle has been disengaged by the mayapuri dealer?

you have to check both the shafts connected to the front and the rear axles respectively, because these hard shudders are coming from the shafts being not connected properly.

get it inspected by a MASS with a proper gyspy experienced mechanic.
Thanks Parm.

Please suggest a MASS near Noida.

\N
Old 20th January 2010, 10:30   #22
BHPian

Congrats Ntomer on your purchase. Wish you happy Gypsying

Quote:
Thanks Parm.

Please suggest a MASS near Noida.

\N
Near Noida? What location are you looking for?
Old 20th January 2010, 10:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Congrats Ntomer on your purchase. Wish you happy Gypsying

Near Noida? What location are you looking for?
Thanx buddy.

I live in Indirapuram Ghaziabad, and any good MASS, which has competent Gypsy mechanics in Noida will be suitable for me.

There are a couple of MASS in Sec. 63 but I doubt whether they have any Gypsy/4*4 mechanics.

\N
Old 20th January 2010, 11:10   #24
BHPian

ntomer - congrats on the purchase. The Gyspsy is a brilliant vehicle. i have had mine for the last 14years. you will need few month to get the vehicle in good running condition but be patient.

Take it to MOTORCRAFT in Sahibabad (call - 0120-4102222). The owner is an ex-rally driver (Gypsy) and is very good with Gypsy's (as per Harjeev and Ashish who take their gypsy only to him).

All the best.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 20th January 2010, 11:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, I am not going to do that. That look butt ugly and will also be inconvenient.

But I am not sure I understood this bracket concept. Can you please post a photo of it, and if not, post a sketch :-)

Cheers

Nitin
Just figured it out , check the tire hanger frame for the Sumo . Theres a vertical pipe that carries an extra bracket for the wheel . The vertical pipe is placed at the edge of the door complete length across the door pivot . The pipe acts as a pivot with the extra wheel held onto it . Solves our motto . I am still to get the picture of it ,meanwhile you can check any of the Sumos with that back stepny removed an you would understand what i am saying
Old 20th January 2010, 11:18   #26
BHPian

Another problem I forgot to mention - the check engine light is blinking continuously. When I pointed this to the Mayapuri dealer, he told me that this is due to some fuse he has put to check ECM and it'll go away if he removes the fuse.

But I think he was talking about disabling the check engine light, not solving the actual problem. So I didn't let him do that.

Please tell me what can be the problem? And how can I check that?

Thanks

Nitin
Old 20th January 2010, 11:20   #27
BHPian

Nitin - just take it to a MASS (motorkraft). They will solve all your problems. You will not be able to diagnose a MPFI engine at a road side mechanic. You need a special tool to diagnose the issue which is plugged in to you ECU and all MASS have it.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 20th January 2010, 11:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Please tell me what can be the problem? And how can I check that?

Thanks

Nitin
Dont waste your efforts for the raodside mechanic , just take it to MASS and get a complete checkup done, would be peace of mind for you .
BTW , we are still awaiting pics dude

There you go ,the pic of the setup used in Sumo (Google Images) :
MPFI Gypsy King bought from Mayapuri-tata_sumo.jpg

Alternate :
4.bp.blogspot.com/.../s400/2009_Dec_NH_03.JPG

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 20th January 2010 at 11:41.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Nitin - just take it to a MASS (motorkraft). They will solve all your problems. You will not be able to diagnose a MPFI engine at a road side mechanic. You need a special tool to diagnose the issue which is plugged in to you ECU and all MASS have it.

Cheers
Ankit
Hi Ankit,

The vehicle is in my home town (Bulandshahar) and is being repaired by a trusted Bosch authorized workshop. And they have all the tools to analyze the ECM. I will take it to Motorcraft once all the basic repairs are done, and vehicle is back in GZB.

There is a very good chance that the Bosch workshop guys will themselves check this problem, but in case they aren't able to I am askign for your suggestions :-)

So please tell me what to look for?

Cheers

Nitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
BTW , we are still awaiting pics dude
Thanks for the pics buddy.

I've asked my friend to click the photos today. He'll send the pics by evening and I'll post those here :-)

\N

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th January 2010 at 12:13. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote instead, Thanks
Old 20th January 2010, 13:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the vehicle Nitin!
Regarding the price, well as others have said its a little pricey, but if you're ok with it, then it should be ok, Dont worry about it.

Tyres I would recommend BF Goodrich, Very good tires and not that expensive too. I paid 4.1k a tyre from Karol Bagh.
Further you said that its an Goverment auction gypsy, so my guess is that you will not be able to re-register it in the same city or state where it has been auctioned. i think that this is the rule, so please check about it. I am saying this as I too bought a 1965 WILLYS which was auctioned by the UP State Elect Board (UPSEB) in Gaziabad, so I was not able to register it in Gaziabad and had to get it registered in Punjab!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks