Team-BHP - Maruti Gypsy Pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Maruti Gypsy Pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/74000-maruti-gypsy-pictures-11.html)

Wayne,
That's a fine looking rig you have there.
And I LOVE those rims!!

Cheers

Wayne insane is the only word I can think of pal.You have docked at the right place and Welcome aboard !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddog1 (Post 1199931)
My biggest concern is posturing, by me or you guys. I will make every effort not to patronize you guys, and I hope the reverse is true.

You sure can count on a board 50K+ members who eat, drink and sleep automobiles. I am sure none will let you down.

Quote:

Oh, I almost forgot, you guys have excellent English righting skills, please do not expect me to compete, I am an American, and speak/right with a lot of American slang. This is not intended to a patronize, simply a statement of fact.
Thanks and for starters I am sure you meant writing ;) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyammg
@ Pardus – Man this has to be the neatest gypsy in all of team-bhp. Could you tell me what paint you’ve used on the top. Also is it finished in a rough matt? I’ve painted my roof black and it looks all “wavy” and bad. See the present day pic below.
If your word neatest = clean, then yes, you are right because the picture I have posted is not from any OTR unlike other pic's here in TBHP. I haven't attended any OTR from TBHP as of now and looking for one in Hyderabad.

I have used DuPont glossy finish. The first layer was actually a bit dull black with matt finish, but that was not going well with the Green colour of the body. So went for a second layer of jet black with glossy finish. May be your hard top was not scrapped properly before it was painted, hence looking wavy.

@ Wayne (reddog1) : Welcome aboard. Most of the Gypsy (Samurai/Zuki) in TBHP are inspired from the mods found around the world.

Quote:

BTW, what is this coil spring you have added? Can't make out much from the pictures.

If possible, post some pictures of the coil spring setup. I am interested to know more about this.
@ Khan : I do not have a closeup shot of the setup, but will promise you to get one during weekend. Frankly speaking I am not sure on the exact model of the Coilspring and it's not a true coilspring what you see in Sierra, but a Coild over hydraulic. I had just given my requirement to my mechanic and he has experimented a bit. The ride quality has improved to some extent compared to what I have seen with respect to my old Gypsy.

@reddog1 aka Wayne:

Welcome aboard Tbhp. Would be glad if you could share the mods done on your Suzuki.

What engine do you run and what custom mods have you done apart from winches, tyres etc.

Cheers

Reddog1: Amazing Zook. Yes definitely please start a separate thread on the mods on your Zuki. I am especially interested in the SPOA conversion (?)

shyammg – I did fabricate the front bumper. Actually, it was on a wrecked late model Jeep, which hit a concrete barrier. I used parts of the bumper. It is still under construction. I will do a Thread on it.

dwaraka – I will be glad to post. I think the “balancing rod” you referred to is what we call an Anti-sway bar, or more commonly referred to as a Sway Bar. In the future, I will post with details.

gotzuk – Thanks. They are what we refer to as 5x5-1/2, 8-inch wide, with 2-1/2-inch back spacing. I will provide details in future post.

rjstyles69 – Yep, I meant writing. Spell check is great, but it does not do much for identifying the correct word. :D

Pardus – Our world today allows us to get inspiration from all over the world. I too benefit from mods done in other countries.

headers – I have the original stock 1.3 EFI engine. My list of mods is pretty long, so I will do a Thread on the mods, why and how.

rmonie – Thanks for the compliment. I took the easy way out on the SPOA, and bought a kit ($1300 about). There are several ways to do the SPOA. I will make sure I do a Thread on that subject.

Wayne

Wow! some very neat zuks on this thread clap: keep them coming

Here is my pretty stock Sammy, but hey!.. it's growing.

What are the pro's and con's of removing the Sway Bar ?
My basic understanding is that it might help in serious offroading to counter difficult challenges. But it would be risky for high speed cruises. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Motocoorg / Wayne,

Nice Zuki's you guys have there man. Amazing pictures too. I bet offroading would be amazing in them.

Keep the pics and updates coming.

Cheers !!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pardus (Post 1201629)
My basic understanding is that it might help in serious offroading to counter difficult challenges. But it would be risky for high speed cruises. Correct me if I am wrong.

Removing the 'sway bar' helps in increasing the articulation of the Gypsy.
On highway, it does tend to then 'sway' more and may not be advisable.

Quote:

Pardus,

You have answered your own querries. Observations are correct. This talks, every problem have a solution at the back. We only need to appreciate.

Dwarak

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1201731)
Removing the 'sway bar' helps in increasing the articulation of the Gypsy.
On highway, it does tend to then 'sway' more and may not be advisable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwaraka (Post 1201818)
Pardus,

You have answered your own querries. Observations are correct.
Dwarak

Good that all of us AGREE on the above point with regard to the gypsy sway bars..
:Cheering:

Did Anyone notice the Suzuki with the RPM meter instead of the fuel and temp gauge..?? KS???

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1202004)
Did Anyone notice the Suzuki with the RPM meter instead of the fuel and temp gauge..?? KS???

Yep noticed. The fuel and temp gauges are in the center. When i used to own a gypsy, i had procured this speedo assembly from abroad and tried unsuccessfully to mate it to my car.

I guess i have it lying somewhere if anyone needs it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1202004)
Good that all of us AGREE on the above point with regard to the gypsy sway bars..
:Cheering:

Most of the EFI Samurai's have a Tach. It is also very cheap and available on ebay US, I dont think it will work with our MPFI Gypsy though. .. Shyam
Also did you guys know that thier EFI Samurai's are 2V and not 4V like our Gypsies and are less powerful!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1202040)
Yep noticed. The fuel and temp gauges are in the center. When i used to own a gypsy, i had procured this speedo assembly from abroad and tried unsuccessfullt to mate it to my car.

I guess i have it lying somewhere if anyone needs it.

Well Sir, I wouldnt mind taking it..Thanks in advance!

Cheers