Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 22:35   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1 View Post
Please excuse this long post.

Hello everyone. My name is Wayne, and I live in the township of El Dorado, California, USA. I am the proud owner of a 1991 Suzuki Samurai, I think sometimes referred to as a SJ-413, Sammi or Zuki. There are several models of the Samurai, and I am really only familiar with mine. I posted most of this in the intro Thread. I hope to be a positive contributor to this Forum. From what I have read so far, I have made many modifications to my Zuki (Gypsy). I would be very pleased to share my experience in the modification of my Zuki (Gypsy).

There will be a period of adjustment for me. I can share with you what I have experienced, and provide links so you can read the experiences of other Americans. For you to understand the post in these links, you must understand the vocabulary. This is where I must adjust. I will try to use your vocabulary, and the American. I must rely on you to question any verbiage you are unclear on. Please understand, you cannot offend, embarrass me or in any way offend me by questioning or challenging me on any post I make. Keep in mind, I am/was a teacher by profession, and as such, have a pretty tough skin.

I appreciate the privilege of posting on your Forum, and being from another country, I will sometimes need your help in explaining myself. I admit to being a bit intimidated. Please do not hesitate to tell me if I post something offensive, or question me if you do not understand something I post. I will use American slang terms, and when I do, I will explain the term. If I fail to do so, please question me on it. Hopefully, I will adapt.

I have had my Sammi for about six years. Before I retired (July 2008) I drove my Sammi on weekends. Now it is my DD (daily driver). I towed my Sammi behind my '96 Dodge (DSL) truck and camper (TC), when touring parts of the USA, or just camping. I continue to use my Sammi with my TC. My truck and camper (TC) are also highly modified.

I started my modifications in July of 2008. I do my own mechanical work, fabrication and welding. At a glance, you will see the obvious mods (modifications), fiberglass top, lift, oversize wheels and tires, rock sliders, bumper, and winch. My Sammi is by no means the ultimate Sammi in the US, but it is very respectable, with clean, functional modifications. I do receive a lot of compliments on it. I do have some additional mods I will do.

If you are interested, I would be proud to post photos of my Sammi, truck/camper (TC), and answer any questions. I will also post photos of trails and other American Zuki's.

I have posted before and after photos of my Sammi.

Wayne
Hi Reddog1 as Iknow somewhere in the world Gypsy is also known as SUZUKI SANTANA.I dont know where please if you can tell me
Old 8th May 2009, 15:36   #212
BHPian

Few more pic's of my Gypsy.
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc01466.jpg

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc01467.jpg
krishnathanthri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2009, 16:07   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi Dwarka I had a Gypsy 1988 model in mumbai brought brand new from Resham Motors,
Iqbal,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on gypsy. Mod job of any kind will try your patience and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi Reddog1 as Iknow somewhere in the world Gypsy is also known as SUZUKI SANTANA.I dont know where please if you can tell me

Must be in South America.

Dwarak

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th May 2009 at 17:08. Reason: back to back posts
Old 22nd May 2009, 06:52   #214
BHPian

She WAS mine.. :-(

She was mine for one & half years and i had to part with her as i switched my job abroad.
Find the snaps of my beauty and of some of the exotic places where she took me.( will dig out more picctures soon)
She was a 94 model wide track in stock condition except for air-con and some extra halogens.
Procured in 2006 for 1.3 lacs. Sold off for 1.1 lacs in 2008 after adding 12k kms in oddo.
Selling her was one of the mistakes I made in my life time.
Now I am searching for one to keep for a lifetime and I am not able to find a genuine buy from Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-1.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-11.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-5.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-4.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-7.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-8.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2009, 09:53   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
She was mine for one & half years and i had to part with her as i switched my job abroad.
Find the snaps of my beauty and of some of the exotic places where she took me.( will dig out more picctures soon)
She was a 94 model wide track in stock condition except for air-con and some extra halogens.
Procured in 2006 for 1.3 lacs. Sold off for 1.1 lacs in 2008 after adding 12k kms in oddo.
Now I am searching for one to keep for a lifetime and I am not able to find a genuine buy from Kerala.
Very nice Gypsy it was. Hope you get something like the same again.
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:14   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
Hi Mexxxentric,

Are you a tea planter?
I too was in tea but in North East Bengal, was working for Goodricke as Asstt. Manager field.

Regards,

Randeep
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:11   #217
BHPian

My ride

Hey guys,

Since every ones posting pics of there gypsy, I thought I would do the same. This is new baby, picked it up 6 months back. had to to hunting for a gypsy as you know its hard to find a well maintained one. Finally my eyes came up on this one and was in a pretty good shape. paint body and interiors in imaculate condition. Here are the snaps juct after i picked it up several months back:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc03233.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc03263.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc03308.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc03318.jpg  

A-jay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:44   #218
BHPian

My Ride

Any now guys this is the current look. I thought I would get those numbers out that were there originally( No significance to Me) and got it changed to which made it a little bit more simpler.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc03387.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2009, 19:25   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Mexxxentric,

Are you a tea planter?
I too was in tea but in North East Bengal, was working for Goodricke as Asstt. Manager field.

Regards,

Randeep

Not exactly, I work as HSE Engineer and i was with Murugappa Group in Sugar Division.( Parrys Group). Those tea estates belong Parry Agro, called Velloni Estates in Valpparai, 45 kms up hill from Pollachi in Tamilnadu.

Since we gt some inter-group relations, went there as my friend's guest.
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Very nice Gypsy it was. Hope you get something like the same again.
Thanks Krishna..
I plan to go a step ahead this time. You might have seen the thread on Project MG416 in Technical section.
I am struck as i cant find a Wide track/King in good body condition.
waiting for ladyluck's blessings
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:22   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-jay View Post
Any now guys this is the current look. I thought I would get those numbers out that were there originally( No significance to Me) and got it changed to which made it a little bit more simpler.
in my opinion , the hub caps soo have to go , will make the white rims look better.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:29   #221
BHPian

Here are some pics from my HD
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:48   #222
BHPian

Didn't knew how to post pics earlier..
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-gypsy.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-gpsy3.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-gypsy2.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-200902081351132.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-gypsy4.jpg  

Old 24th May 2009, 16:48   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Didn't knew how to post pics earlier..
Nice Gypsy there, but that crash gaurd is not of my taste!
Try to fix any good fog lamps!
Old 24th May 2009, 22:57   #224
BHPian

This is what i heard about this Gypsy...don't know if its true...the mechanic was saying that there were 6 Gypsies made like this from maruti Udyog on a special order.. and this was Company painted like this....
Old 25th May 2009, 01:02   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
This is what i heard about this Gypsy...don't know if its true...the mechanic was saying that there were 6 Gypsies made like this from maruti Udyog on a special order.. and this was Company painted like this....
I don't think its a factory job. ANd whats with the Denim decal.?

Most Viewed