Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 13:53   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
My new gypsy arrived at the dealer today, will be taking the delivery next weekend. Attaching some pics that i got from the dealer
Congrats buddy!!! Another 2010 King on the roads. Its indeed raining gypsy's in here. After driving a second hand gypsy before, driving a brand new one feels really marvelous.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:15   #617
Team-BHP Support

Congratz! Man i how i envy you!
Old 10th March 2010, 15:00   #618
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amar!! We should setup a mailer for Gypsy owners...
Old 10th March 2010, 20:08   #619
BHPian

Quote:
My new gypsy arrived at the dealer today, will be taking the delivery next weekend. Attaching some pics that i got from the dealer

Congrax Amarveer,

We are very happy for your new Gypsy king, so when are you coming back to ride the machine??? Keep us updated.

Good Luck
Old 10th March 2010, 23:08   #620
Senior - BHPian

Vadhaiyaan, Mubarakhaan, Patakhay..

Looks like Amar was not able to let go of the Gypsy in him even after selling his red bull!

as the saying goes 'there is a gyspy in everyone'!
Old 10th March 2010, 23:20   #621
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amar Bhai, looks supercool.
Old 10th March 2010, 23:44   #622
BHPian

Some pics from Desert Storm 2010.

Some shots from Desert Storm 2010. The baby was having a lot of fun with me on the seat. Never had so much fun in grilling a brand new vehicle before.

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-clipboard01.jpg
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-clipboard02.jpg
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-clipboard03.jpg

Regards,

Anirban.
NomadVagabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2010, 01:41   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Sweet! Congratulations Amar!
Its raining Gypsies from the last month on TBHP.
Cheers,
Deepak
Thanks Deepak, I envy your red gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Congrats buddy!!! Another 2010 King on the roads. Its indeed raining gypsy's in here. After driving a second hand gypsy before, driving a brand new one feels really marvelous.

Regards,

Anirban.
Thanks Anirban, I may not drive it for another 4-5 months but just wanted a BSIII souvenir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz! Man i how i envy you!
Thanks Jaggu. I wish would have been there to take the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Congrats Amar!! We should setup a mailer for Gypsy owners...
Thanks gsferrari, waiting for pics of your new gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarneetBarmy View Post
Congrax Amarveer,

We are very happy for your new Gypsy king, so when are you coming back to ride the machine??? Keep us updated.

Good Luck
Thanks Harneet,
I have to visit india before Leh route closes for this year so my deadline is for september. I may be needing your help in finding accessories for it in delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Vadhaiyaan, Mubarakhaan, Patakhay..

Looks like Amar was not able to let go of the Gypsy in him even after selling his red bull!

as the saying goes 'there is a gyspy in everyone'!
Thanks Parm Bai,
Gypsy is an addiction, you cannot live without it once you own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Congrats Amar Bhai, looks supercool.
Thanks Raj, When are you planning to install AC in your Gypsy looking forward for the mods planned by you and gsferrari.

Last edited by Amar82 : 11th March 2010 at 01:43.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:57   #624
Senior - BHPian

Hey Amar CONGRATS!!!! Drive Safe!!!
Old 11th March 2010, 10:58   #625
BHPian

Hi Amar - Congrats on the new Gypsy! You are one true Gypsy lover!! Is it going to get painted red now? White is a bit boring.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 13th March 2010, 03:40   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Amar - The alloys I have are the same as Arjun's Zuki. Mine are orignal and Arjun had them painted black. I have give the dealers address on my thread for the GT Savero MT Tyres.
Thanks Ankit, I went through your thread on GT Savero Tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Sorry MODS for going off-topic here
But Amar dont you think that 255's ot 275 would be a big over kill as far as the gypsy goes. I had a MG410 way back in 1998 and had the same 275's on it, though on the looks part they used to look good to me way back then but driving wise they were a big pain. Firstly the FE goes for a toss, then the driving effort needed to steer such a thing will again mar your driving pleasure, especially in the city, not to mention I punctured my sidewall several times!!! Further as you want to do long distances, I think that such huge tyres on the gypsy will again limit your top end speeds. If I correctly remember the turning radius is also reduced quite a lot with these huge tyres.
Experts please correct me if I am wrong

But at the same time for the turning radius you could always use -ve off-set alloys and for driving effort you could install a power steering.

Just my views. Mods/ Experts pl correct me if wrong
Hi Harjeev,
I am not that much concerned about FE, when you buy gypsy FE of 1km here and there is not an issue. But if it degrades driving comfort or reduces top speed then i have to go for smaller width.I was thinking that installing K&N and FFE should compensate for broader tyres. The last time when i installed the power steering from mayapuri in my old gypsy, it had so much play in it, so planning to keep my Gypsy stock.
Old 13th March 2010, 04:06   #627
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking that installing K&N and FFE should compensate for broader tyres.
Well K&N filter and FFE will compensate the FE a bit but very negligible. I am running 215 tyres on an otherwise almost stock brand new gypsy. I'm just due for the second service and right now during the DS I got an average of roughly 10kmpl. Which is not that bad. Hopefully it'd go up as she crosses the 10k barrier. I do have a K&N filter installed but that has only increased the pickup and has hardly done anything to do with the FE. So, IMHO I'd suggest you to get something leaner than 255 or 275's. My previous gypsy's owner had put on weird/horrible 255's and I had tough time even doing a simple 90 degree turn. Buddy you got yourself a brand new one...enjoy the smoothness that a new gypsy offers.

P.S: These are my own thoughts, you should do what you feel is right.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 13th March 2010, 04:54   #628
BHPian

Hi, perhaps you could put your money towards Composite Fibre Leaf Springs for the rear ..

They'll probably give you a bigger jump in terms of drive quality, compared to ultra-broad tyres.. And you won't have to compromise on turning radius, pick up, top speed, or fuel effeciency..

What do you think?
Old 13th March 2010, 08:05   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Well K&N filter and FFE will compensate the FE a bit but very negligible.

I do have a K&N filter installed but that has only increased the pickup and has hardly done anything to do with the FE.

Anirban.
Hi Anirban
buddy what K&N are you using. i am in 2 minds whether to go to the stock k&n or the conical one and cant seem to decide which one to go for.
Old 13th March 2010, 08:13   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Anirban
buddy what K&N are you using. i am in 2 minds whether to go to the stock k&n or the conical one and cant seem to decide which one to go for.
Well Harjeev, I've got the universal performance conical one. Can't tell you the part no. right now. Will have to check it up. I don't think so the replacement filter for the gypsy will do much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Hi, perhaps you could put your money towards Composite Fibre Leaf Springs for the rear ..

They'll probably give you a bigger jump in terms of drive quality, compared to ultra-broad tyres.. And you won't have to compromise on turning radius, pick up, top speed, or fuel effeciency..

What do you think?
@ Imran: I've heard quite some about the fiber composite leaf springs. Haven't seen one yet. Someone posted some info about it on Facebook some time back and said that it's unbreakable. I doubt that part big time. Do, you have any idea how good they are? A close friend of mine has the Rally grade leaf springs from Tiger on his gypsy and it has made the ride a bit more stiffer but it's more maneuverable in the corners now also the gypsy doesn't jump that much as it does on the stock leaf springs. Please do let me know if you have any idea about them.

Regards,

Anirban.

Most Viewed