Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 07:39   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
Just a small advice, as these are larger tyres (originals are close to 205/70), you can slide the front bumper a little outwards. Just a small five min job. Maruti has given you some margins there.
The BFG's in 215 will not foul anywhere with the body under any condition.
The adjustment of the front bumper is not required at all.
Cheers
Old 27th October 2009, 08:23   #437
Senior - BHPian

New Gypsy

Haven't been able to do much pic taking since the Gypsy landed at home a little over a month ago, but here is a full frontal!
Have a long drive down the coast to Goa set up for early November, there should be more pix then.
The only modification done till now is the tyre upgrade to 205 section yokohamas, and V kool on the three glasses. And the extra lights of course. The car has done 2000 kms, and first service oil change is over. The coolant bottle leaked, Maruti changed it, but the new one still leaked. Got fixed with thread sealant application and the leak has stopped. No other glitches. The car pitching back and forth on road undulations is more uncomfortable that any other aspect of the suspension, and I have to get in some ballast to load up the rear of the car to see if that does the trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-023.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2009, 10:00   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
You bet Deepak, s/he is looking so hot in red.

I think you gave yourself a nice Diwali present.Congrats Dude. And as others have also mentioned, do post some more pics. With those BFG's.

I guess you have gone for 215/75. No wonder those aggressive threads just entice you away from Yokos.

Just a small advice, as these are larger tyres (originals are close to 205/70), you can slide the front bumper a little outwards. Just a small five min job. Maruti has given you some margins there.
Dear Wanderhermit,
Thanks a ton for your timely help! I am really sorry for not having put up my ownership thread yet. Will do it soon. You are damn right with those BFG's aggressive tread pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
The BFG's in 215 will not foul anywhere with the body under any condition.
The adjustment of the front bumper is not required at all.
Cheers
Hey Vaibhav,
Thank you very much for your post. How is your willys restoration coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Haven't been able to do much pic taking since the Gypsy landed at home a little over a month ago, but here is a full frontal!
Have a long drive down the coast to Goa set up for early November, there should be more pix then.
The only modification done till now is the tyre upgrade to 205 section yokohamas, and V kool on the three glasses. And the extra lights of course. The car has done 2000 kms, and first service oil change is over. The coolant bottle leaked, Maruti changed it, but the new one still leaked. Got fixed with thread sealant application and the leak has stopped. No other glitches. The car pitching back and forth on road undulations is more uncomfortable that any other aspect of the suspension, and I have to get in some ballast to load up the rear of the car to see if that does the trick.
Dear Sawyer,
Your Gypsy looks fantastic. This coolant leakage problem comes with every new Gypsy, with mine too. Like Sharath mentioned in his thread, the suspension on the Gypsies is like a "hard kick in the butt" kind and its really hard to drive these on road. You have to bring it to 1st gear (< 5 kmph) when going on any road undulation/road hump. Maybe CFLs would help us. Will wait for Khan, Vijay, Rossi and others for their feedback before i go in that direction. Have fun with your new Gypsy on the Goan roads & beaches Sawyer!
Cheers Everybody,
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 27th October 2009 at 10:13.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:22   #439
BHPian

Great looking gypsy Sawyer - and I agree with Deepak - CFLSs will definitely help. Khanbhai's review has come positive (for the rear springs). It seems the front ones are a tad bit too long.

Anyway.. Should things go as planned, I'll be posting a pic of my own gypsy here soon (~10-12 days)!!
Old 27th October 2009, 12:14   #440
Senior - BHPian

Before I switch to CFLs, I want to take a shot at seeing what loading up the rear does. The ride is a lot better with just one person in the rear, and I have a feeling that 150 kilos of load in the rear will transform the ride. My concern about CFLs is their strength, the leaf springs have more than just one leaf so it is rare that the whole set fails. I would be very wary of using them on the front where any failure can result in loss of control. But before I try them on the rear, I will take a shot with sandbags as ballast.
Old 1st November 2009, 14:17   #441
BHPian

hi sawyer,
thats indeed a smart looking gypsy you have.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:50   #442
BHPian

im sorry that there are a few jeeps in this pic as it is a gypsy thread .... this is our small off road team steeds ....from kerela
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-01112009294.jpg  

Miki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2009, 19:16   #443
BHPian

Sawyer/Starter,

Congrats !!! your gypsies look great. please post some interior pics and your experience.
Old 1st November 2009, 20:40   #444
Senior - BHPian

Miki nice picture. Where is this? Any OTR pictures?
Old 1st November 2009, 22:03   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Miki nice picture. Where is this? Any OTR pictures?
thanx beejay!! actually this was our regular meeting but moreover it was an OTR not a planned one,its some resort in kovalom, will post a few pics as itz a gypsy owners pics not posting more pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-01112009344.jpg  

Miki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:13   #446
BHPian

Hi friends, here's my 99 King. Second snap was taken when he was on the way for a tyre change.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-31.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-33.jpg  

sandeepgnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 04:34   #447
BHPian

Thats a sensible route - sometimes I just get all caught up with these mechanical fixes, and all the basic remedies go out the window!

I've heard sandbags work really well - I'm going to try them out on my gypsy too - once i finally get it.

Anyway, speaking about reliability, in general, CFLs won't fail you unless there's a manufacturing defect I would guess. More than just a couple of TBHPians use them in their off-road vehicles, so quality-wise, we should be sorted!

Hope the sandbags work though!
Goodluck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Before I switch to CFLs, I want to take a shot at seeing what loading up the rear does. The ride is a lot better with just one person in the rear, and I have a feeling that 150 kilos of load in the rear will transform the ride. My concern about CFLs is their strength, the leaf springs have more than just one leaf so it is rare that the whole set fails. I would be very wary of using them on the front where any failure can result in loss of control. But before I try them on the rear, I will take a shot with sandbags as ballast.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:44   #448
BHPian

Hello everybody,

I am new to Team BHP though i used to go through the forum for a long time. I am posting the picture of my three gypsies.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc08945.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-gypsy-topless.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc01003.jpg  

tharakan9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:23   #449
Senior - BHPian

You mean that you actually own 3 gypsies. Man.
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:10   #450
BHPian

There was a time when i had more. Now, i have only two of them as i sold the red one recently

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks