Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:38   #91
BHPian

I see Bhutan-registered Jimny(s) all the time here in Siliguri. I just can't understand why MS doesn't not launch the car here. Such a shame.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:32   #92
fk7
BHPian

Please help!!!

I am planning to purchase a new gypsy and am quite confused as to what to do. I am planning to take delivery of the gypsy in a non-BSIV compliant city only by July 1st week.

My confusion is this. I have heard from various sources two different things.

1. The Gypsy is not going to be manufactured from 2010.
2. The engine is its current state is being changed, to more power or less power, no one knows.

I am totally lost and need some opinions from people here. Should I jump in and buy the vehicle in its current form or wait till June for an announcement from maruti?

If there is anyone here with some inside information regarding the future of the gypsy, please let me know.

Firoz
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:54   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
I am planning to purchase a new gypsy and am quite confused as to what to do......

Should I jump in and buy the vehicle in its current form or wait till June for an announcement from maruti?
My friend, if you plan to buy a Gypsy, do it RIGHT NOW. It's the BEST time and believe me, even if some new EURO iV engine comes up, it will be a detuned version of the current one.

Go for it NOW.!!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 01:25   #94
BHPian

After talking to Vaibhav yesterday, he told me that 2000-2002 version BSII Gypsies have better performance than BSIII and going forward with BSIV , they would detune it even further.
Even i am going to take the delivery of gypsy in march.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:01   #95
BHPian

"I am planning to purchase a new gypsy and am quite confused as to what to do. I am planning to take delivery of the gypsy in a non-BSIV compliant city only by July 1st week."

Hey just a thought, since you live in a non-BSIV city, maybe u can wait till maruit announces details of the Gypsys future engine. Then for a few months after that I am pretty sure MUL will sell both the BSIII and BSIV Gypsys in your city. So u can try both if possible and pick the one you like.

I too live in a non BSIV city and am considering purchasing a Gypsy within this year, and this is what I plan to do. So what do you guys think of my plan? or is it flawed?
Old 6th March 2010, 21:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
"I am planning to purchase a new gypsy and am quite confused as to what to do. I am planning to take delivery of the gypsy in a non-BSIV compliant city only by July 1st week."

Hey just a thought, since you live in a non-BSIV city, maybe u can wait till maruit announces details of the Gypsys future engine. Then for a few months after that I am pretty sure MUL will sell both the BSIII and BSIV Gypsys in your city. So u can try both if possible and pick the one you like.

I too live in a non BSIV city and am considering purchasing a Gypsy within this year, and this is what I plan to do. So what do you guys think of my plan? or is it flawed?
I agree with khan sultan. the BS IV version is defi happening, but it may be some time before that happens. Which means that come 1st apr and the 8 cities where BS IV is effective - the gypsy will no longer be avaialable. Now i have spoken with the company guys and they are saying that the test are going on for the gypsy BS IV version but it ll be at least a couple of months before the BS IV variant is available. Also, its a tweaked engine and not a new one - so a lil loss on the power et al...if you can - then pick up the gyspy now. There s no time like NOW to own a Gypsy.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
I am planning to purchase a new gypsy and am quite confused as to what to do. I am planning to take delivery of the gypsy in a non-BSIV compliant city only by July 1st week.

My confusion is this. I have heard from various sources two different things.

1. The Gypsy is not going to be manufactured from 2010.
2. The engine is its current state is being changed, to more power or less power, no one knows.

I am totally lost and need some opinions from people here. Should I jump in and buy the vehicle in its current form or wait till June for an announcement from maruti?

If there is anyone here with some inside information regarding the future of the gypsy, please let me know.

Firoz
1. Your point number 1 is not true. Gypsy will continue to get manufactured post 2010.
2. The existsing (not NEW) enginw will be tweaked to meet BS IV emission norms - which means it will be defi underpowered. But from I hear from the maruti guys is that there will not be much of a diff -- a couple of bhp and NM here and there - nothing very significant. So if i were you - i'd go for it without waiting (in fact i have )
Old 7th March 2010, 00:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post

I am taking delivery in next 10 days, but i am happy with my decision as I already asked a person who works in Maruti and he gave me the exact same info as Livewire already said " MUL is not planning for any new engine they are just de-tuning the current engine to make it BSIV complaint".
Also the production of new Gypsy's has been stalled and they are just clearing up the lots of BSIII Gypsies and once all the Gypsies are sold you may not be able to get BSIII in July as new production will be for BSIV versions.
Old 7th March 2010, 01:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

You can take it for granted that minimal R&D and effort will go into the Gypsy and they cannot make any changes to it without going through a tedious process with the procurement divisions of the armed forces, state police etc. If they change the specifications then the entire process has to start over again.

Also - it makes no sense for them to do anything drastically different with the vehicle because there is no demand for change. Nobody is asking for anything different and they are very disinclined to sell the Gypsy to consumers like you and me. The fact that it is so difficult to buy one new should tell you how their mind is working.

Go for it now - tomorrow may never come. I'm getting mine next week
Old 7th March 2010, 09:10   #100
BHPian

hahahaha.....with so many people buying gypsies in march, the maruti dealers are gonna have a real hard time. Go get em gypsies. I will have to settle down for a second-hand gypsy in the near future. :(
Old 15th April 2010, 23:38   #101
BHPian

The Gypsy is commanding a 4 to 5 months wait, if booked in an any of the Cities with BSIV. The dealer mentions that once the full amount is paid, we will need to write to Maruti requesting them to fulfill the pending order and then they would take about 4 months to send one compliant with BSIV. Also, the Gypsy now is strictly for supply to the Govt. (as confirmed by the dealer - Pratham Motors, Bangalore)

Bimal Motors, Bangalore made big promises of supplying the Gypsy within one month from the date of full payment. It's over 2 weeks that I am pestering the Bimal Sales rep to come and collect the cheque, however they seem so lagged in their response and aren't coming forward to collect the cheque.

So what is the fate of the Gypsy?
Old 16th April 2010, 00:12   #102
BHPian

Yikes,
If you really intend to buy a brand new gypsy, buy one right now as there would be still few BSIII gypsy's available with maruti and register it in non BSIV city.

Last edited by Amar82 : 16th April 2010 at 00:14.
Old 16th April 2010, 07:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

Guys - you can buy BS3 gypsy and register it in Mumbai even now as long as date of manufacture is prior to April 1. There are at least 3 vehicles still available for purchase the last time I checked for a friend who wanted a ST. He backed out...

Good luck. I bought mine from Sai Services (Mr Kamalesh) in Lower Parel.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Yikes,
If you really intend to buy a brand new gypsy, buy one right now as there would be still few BSIII gypsy's available with maruti and register it in non BSIV city.
Hi Amar, the dealership is not accepting the payments in Bangalore so easily. You need to pay with a signed affidavit, promising not to cancel it. They also want a letter addressed to the MD Sales, Maruti requesting him to fulfill the order.

Then the trouble of registering it in another city. What address proof etc. to produce, then.

Also, with the full payment made and delay in delivery, guess it would be us who would suffer. I'd rather go in for a second hand one.
Old 16th April 2010, 15:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Just call Mukesh Kalmadi or ask the dealer to put you on the phone with him. Things will start moving really quickly after you do this.

See my earlier comment about registration. If the vehicle is manufactured before April 1st - you CAN register it in metros.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks