Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 13:29   #16
BHPian

congrats buddy! you have got such a clean vehicle. do have and idea of adding alloy wheels to the list of mods u have? try reducing the height of the rear hood(just a suggestion)
Old 8th February 2010, 14:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Karizma, great buy. It's a steal I would say for Gypsy king at 1.55 l.

Khan said take out 4X4 sticker, I would say do 4 WD . Hope to see you on offroading soon.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
congrats buddy! you have got such a clean vehicle. do have and idea of adding alloy wheels to the list of mods u have? try reducing the height of the rear hood(just a suggestion)
Thanks crazyjeeperk .I do have an idea of alloy wheels , but maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Karizma, great buy. It's a steal I would say for Gypsy king at 1.55 l.
Khan said take out 4X4 sticker, I would say do 4 WD . Hope to see you on offroading soon.
Thank you Dwarka sir , glad to get a reply from you , Sir i have Goodyear highway tyres , can i run them for timebeing in OTRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcererenator View Post
1.55L for a '99 restored (mechanically fixed+denting/painting+electricals, over cosmetically neat and with decent tyres) is quite a steal i'd say - congrats again buddy.
The tyres seems to be in good condition, and i suggest, spend this addtional cash in converting it into an mpfi than spending on replacing 'already there' good tyres. Eitherways, there is not much you will get for your old ones.
You are right but the tyres are highway tyres , How much would it cost to convert it to MPFI ?
Old 10th February 2010, 01:48   #19
BHPian

The conversion cost should be about 50k for a regular EuroII 1.3 MG King engine. This includes everything like the cost of the engine, refurbishing, wiring, and ECU. The other option is to go in for a Baleno engine which will cost you about 70k, and is known to be more powerful, with a better city mileage.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Thank you Dwarka sir , glad to get a reply from you , Sir i have Goodyear highway tyres , can i run them for timebeing in OTRs?
Karizma, You are welcome. You can surely do moderate offroading with highway tyres. Where you can get stuck is in sand & slush. Use the present tyres as long as you can and later go for offroading tyres = All terrain tyres.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply friends, was out of station . Khan sir im a great fan of you and your king , sir thanks for your valuable advice , i actually saw this for sale in TBHP itself , it was quoted 2.10lakhs and it was marked sold before i could attempt to buy it . As usual when i was looking through Sulekha classifieds i saw a this vehicle for sale again for 1.70lakhs , went straight away contacting that person and picked up the vehicle after a negotiation for a price of 1.55lakhs.
Great buy mate.maybe a onerhaul/replacement need for the radiator from its look.looking forward to see u and gypsy in the next OTR

Raj

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th February 2010 at 13:24. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 10th February 2010, 20:25   #22
BANNED

karizma - congrats on the prized possession, you have truly reflected the SPIRIT of TBHP on the ride with a generous dose of stickers!!
Old 10th February 2010, 23:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcererenator View Post
The conversion cost should be about 50k for a regular EuroII 1.3 MG King engine. This includes everything like the cost of the engine, refurbishing, wiring, and ECU. The other option is to go in for a Baleno engine which will cost you about 70k, and is known to be more powerful, with a better city mileage.
Hmmm thanks Sorcererenator for the info , i think i'll run this engine for time being and maybe later i can go for a change , baleno engine sounds better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Karizma, You are welcome. You can surely do moderate offroading with highway tyres. Where you can get stuck is in sand & slush. Use the present tyres as long as you can and later go for offroading tyres = All terrain tyres.
Thank you sir , in case i get stuck in slush or sand there would be some other offroader with a winch who can pull me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
Great buy mate.maybe a onerhaul/replacement need for the radiator from its look.looking forward to see u and gypsy in the next OTR

Raj
Actually the engine is not overheating nor the radiator is leaking , so radiator i think i can run it for few more duration , at first look i thought the radiator was gone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
karizma - congrats on the prized possession, you have truly reflected the SPIRIT of TBHP on the ride with a generous dose of stickers!!
Thanks ridinthru.
Old 12th February 2010, 21:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Congrats buddy. I am sure you will enjoy it now and bring it to OTR's to see the real potential of a Gypsy.

From the looks of it, this seems a very clean Gypsy. Do tell us how much you paid, how you found out about this Gypsy etc etc.

PS: Get rid of that 4x4 sticker. People who matter know that a Gypsy is 4x4. Such stickers look good on Sumo's/Autos..
khan sir do you think the 4x4 logo looks yuppy on jeeps i got a MM decal for my 550 not sure if i want to put it on now
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-bombay-5.html

Last edited by davids4x4mm550 : 12th February 2010 at 21:20.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:09   #25
BHPian

Im planning to fix a jerry can for my gypsy which serves the purpose and adds to looks also but im unaware where i can get one in bangalore , need help in sourcing one . And what capacity can would be necessary ?....
Old 16th February 2010, 14:46   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
khan sir do you think the 4x4 logo looks yuppy on jeeps i got a MM decal for my 550 not sure if i want to put it on now
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/70347-ex-army-mm550-bombay-5.html
MM's do come in 2WD from factory, so a 4x4 sign makes sense :-)

Quote:
Im planning to fix a jerry can for my gypsy which serves the purpose and adds to looks also but im unaware where i can get one in bangalore , need help in sourcing one . And what capacity can would be necessary ?....
There are several available in Gujri (Near Shivaji Nagar). Should cost ~500 bucks for the 20Lts one. Do check for leakage.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th February 2010 at 15:04.
Old 16th February 2010, 17:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey khan.

I can give you the contact details of the guy in Maypuri, He will courier the requirements to you. PM me for details.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
MM's do come in 2WD from factory, so a 4x4 sign makes sense :-)

There are several available in Gujri (Near Shivaji Nagar). Should cost ~500 bucks for the 20Lts one. Do check for leakage.
Thank you Khan sir , i guess i'll pay a visit to shivajinagar , sounds pretty cheap though and one of my friend knows a person who sells army vehicle parts like lights etc, got to check that place also
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:21   #29
BHPian

Hey guys , recently got a new soft top done customised to my taste which is a all in one top , the rear portion can be removed keeping the front portion of the top with a closure behind the driver or the sides can be rolled up and got clear headlights fixed . posting pics of the changes , need your valuable comments .

My latest acquisition : 99 Ex-army Gypsy King-p230210_16.jpg

My latest acquisition : 99 Ex-army Gypsy King-p230210_16.44.jpg

My latest acquisition : 99 Ex-army Gypsy King-p230210_18.0601.jpg

My latest acquisition : 99 Ex-army Gypsy King-p230210_16.4601.jpg

Last edited by karizma9292 : 23rd February 2010 at 18:23.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

looks cool man

is it that the drivers cabin has a top and the rear has a top that can be removed separately?

Most Viewed