Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 10:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by propeller View Post
Hey Buddy ,

Dont worry it would just take about 4 to 6 Months time only . Yes not wrongly written 4 to 6 months 16 to 24 weeks .

I've tried it and finally with my relative being an RTO i was able to complete it in 4 months time with huge money for the other state RTO.
Hi, can you please PM me the details of the RTO's and the amount that you had to shell out for paying the road tax and the transfer of ownership on you. It would be reallyt nice if you can give me a breakup with the total spend.

Thanks in advance
Old 10th February 2010, 11:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Raghu, what cast are you taking about for roll cage fabrication? i believe roll over bar is bent through a pipe bending machine mounted on a fixture, correct me if i am wrong

Spike
i was refering to the same bending machine with the fixture for bending the pipes.

Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 11:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Yes. The pipes have to be bent using a pipe bending machine. I'm currently exploring the possibility of installing a six point roll over cage in my classic. I've done extensive research on this. I'll post more details on the roll over cage for jeeps thread.

Edit: raghu, a good exhaust guy should have a pipe bending machine.

Hi Tejas

I have already started a thread for collating the contacts and other info for the Roll cage/ Bull bars. Below is the link -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...brication.html

Please do share the research, as it would help many out here. Will awiat for your designs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Raghu,

That is one beautiful jeep you have there!

I reckon you have a well secured spot for parking. And do not ever forget to remove the audio head unit.

And with the road tax paid, I am sure the KA police will be more than happy to wave you off. Those guys actually love and appreciate the people who have paid the road tax for out of state vehicle, seriously!
Thank you for the compliments. I'm not really worried of the head unit as this not a CD/MP3 player, its just a FM player with an USB and a SD card slot to read songs and i have used some cheap speaker and speaker boxes (like those small squre ones that you get with the 2.1 channel audio speaker set). The whole thing costed me around Rs 1500/- and was on a experimental basis.
Old 11th February 2010, 22:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oh.. The HU looked like a Alpine.

Nice looking jeep. The After pics look good. Do paste some Team Bhp stickers on it.
Old 11th February 2010, 22:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Tejas can you post photos of what kind of roll over bars you want or is the design still under conception?

Spike
Discussion is on here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...-cage-4x4.html

Most Viewed