Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 16:17   #1
BHPian

Dream come true - with my SWB

From my childhood i have been fancying anything and everything that has wheels, so every opportunity i had, i have utilized to bring out my personality through mods on my acquired wheels, be it a 2 wheeler or a 4 wheeler.

Here goes my part on the SWB that bought.

It was way back in my college days that i had seen a Classic and used to druel over its charms, i was smitten then. But, I'm from a family that has come up from a lower middle class and years of family savings to a standard of living. So during those college days, it was no mullah or very little mullah, so fancying and dreaming was it. Now that I'm into a job and could afford to make my dream come true, the search for a Classic started sometime a year back from now.

Two months pasted no luck, not that i didn't find any, but every piece that i saw was badly maintained or needed a lot of effort and time to bring it back to a good condition. Finally, my search came to an end when i spotted a SWB - CJ3B fitted with a X3DP 4X4 through my internet search. Fixed an appointment with Jammy Anand and went by his place to take a look. i fell in love with the jeep the minute i saw it ( love @ first sight kinds ). The negotiations happened and was settled in a weeks time. You can see the jeep in its original avatar when i picked it up here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ep-pics-7.html towards the end of the page.

Recently i did it up with a little cosmetic changes and a little repairs to bring to good condition.

Paint was maintained to the same shade as it was as i liked it, but changed to a dull finish.

While it was taken for the refurbish -
Old 1st February 2010, 16:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Kick A** Jeep. Welcome to the Jeep Club. Do post more pics please. Is the 4WD working?

Edit:
Just refreshed my memory of Savandurga report. You got a well trained and tested Off Roader (4WD). Kudos. Can you reveal pricing? If its not too confidential

Last edited by svsantosh : 1st February 2010 at 16:34.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Raghu, you have got yourself a little monster of a jeep. To good. I have seen it in OTR and on the road also. It's just too good to drive.

Welcome to the 4x4 club and hopefully see you in future Bangalore OTR's
Old 1st February 2010, 16:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. btw, is it in the same avatar like the one in that pic? What changes have you done?

Current pics pls.

And yes, if its fine, price please
Old 1st February 2010, 17:06   #5
BHPian

pics while work in progress - pposted in the below link

Picasa Web Albums - Raghunath - CJ3B
Old 1st February 2010, 17:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Kick A** Jeep. Welcome to the Jeep Club. Do post more pics please. Is the 4WD working?

Edit:
Just refreshed my memory of Savandurga report. You got a well trained and tested Off Roader (4WD). Kudos. Can you reveal pricing? If its not too confidential

Thank you, i feel i did pay a little more for it (PM me , dont want to go public in that), but at the end i got what i wanted (which matters the most for me)
Yes the 4WD works, but i need to put it to full test though.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful engine on that jeep. Hope to see you in action in the upcoming OTR's (provided I get mine out of the garage!)
Old 1st February 2010, 17:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats. btw, is it in the same avatar like the one in that pic? What changes have you done?

Current pics pls.

And yes, if its fine, price please

Thank you, More pics to come, for the fully finished one soon (completely occupied with other things at hand )
Old 4th February 2010, 18:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Raghu, you have got yourself a little monster of a jeep. To good. I have seen it in OTR and on the road also. It's just too good to drive.

Welcome to the 4x4 club and hopefully see you in future Bangalore OTR's

Thanks Khan, i do keep driving around sometimes during the weekends, maybe spotted me then. Thanks again and sure will see in future Bangalore OTR's

Raghu
Old 4th February 2010, 22:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu4222 View Post
Thanks Khan, i do keep driving around sometimes during the weekends, maybe spotted me then. Thanks again and sure will see in future Bangalore OTR's

Raghu
No sir, haven't spotted you driving this jeep as yet. What I meant was, that I have seen this jeep when it was with Jammy and he used to bring it to OTR's.

See the OTR report from Samurai here (where this jeep participated):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ed-report.html
Old 7th February 2010, 10:15   #11
BANNED

Congrats Raghu.

Thats a good SWB Jeep.Whats was the cost?
Old 8th February 2010, 16:42   #12
BHPian

Here are the pics after the paint job, new top and a few bling additions -

Picasa Web Albums - Raghunath - CJ3B pimped

Thanks to GTO and Tejas@perioimpl for their write up on their beauties, which really pepped me up and gave enough info, to bring my jeep to this condition.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th February 2010 at 18:22. Reason: Please post atleast one or two pictures on TBHP instead of leaving redirects. Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 21:07   #13
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Raghu. It is a very good Jeep. I see it still doesn't have roll cage, better add that.
Old 9th February 2010, 09:13   #14

Raghu....that is a very nice Jeep that you got.....
Old 9th February 2010, 10:20   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats Raghu. It is a very good Jeep. I see it still doesn't have roll cage, better add that.
Thanks Sharath, that is on priority in the pipeline , but I'm trying to source someone in Bangalore, who can do it in 2 1/2 " ( two and a half inch ) pipe. I did come across someone who heats the pipe and then bend it for the roll cage. But, those will not give a good finish at the bends. So, i'm trying to find someone who has the cast to bend the 2 1/2 " pipe for a good finish. The same person does it in a 2" pipe and bends it with the cast but dos not have for the 2 1/2 ", but I want a thicker one that will blend with my jeep.

Request the guru's out here to give your suggestons or help me with contacts you are aware of for this activity.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks