Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 13:50   #226
BHPian

Re: Dream comes true - Gypsy comes home

@ Desmosedici:

I saw your gypsy in classifieds today. You bought this last feb and selling it in 15 months after doing so much work on it. And you just did 2 OTR`s.

Remember what i told you about the purchase when you first bought it last year. (See my post on page 1)

Regards,

Abbas.
Old 8th June 2011, 00:50   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
@ Desmosedici:

I saw your gypsy in classifieds today. You bought this last feb and selling it in 15 months after doing so much work on it. And you just did 2 OTR`s.

Remember what i told you about the purchase when you first bought it last year. (See my post on page 1)

Regards,

Abbas.
I have no regrets. I got it, had fun with it, totally enjoyed owning it and still do. At times there are changes and you live with it

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:19   #228
Senior - BHPian

Today - The day came and went where i parted with the best vehicle i ever owned, the Gypsy. The dream did come true for me, i got to own this basic but awesome beast. Had to part with it after having repeated back issues. Happy that the Gypsy has gone into the hands of another TBHPian, Abbas. It came as a surprise that Abbas, who had initially posted that i shouldnt have purchased this vehicle is now the owner of the Gypsy . I wish him all the best in his ownership and have also requested him to keep the thread updated with whatever he does with the Gypsy.

I totally enjoyed its ruggedness, its go wherever attitude, the presence on the city streets, yes it does command a second look from everyone and finally, the complete open-top experience. The bone jarring ride is something that none of the owners like and its the same with me as well. Wanted to do a lot more however couldnt. But still i shall always cherish those moments.

Final Pic of me and my Gypsy (on the left is Abbas and me on the right)

Cheers
Raj
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true - Gypsy comes home-raj-zuk-sold-22-june-2011.jpg  

Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:03   #229
BANNED

Oh too bad!! Your thread and post about the recent purchase of a Gypsy did matter in my decision making for a brand new Gypsy. (That I would not be a complete fool in taking this path ).

A man has a right to change his mind, no problem. So you found the CFLs also not good enough to ease the ride? I am putting mine tomorrow first thing.

What new car are you planning on?

--Ragul
Old 23rd June 2011, 00:18   #230
Senior - BHPian

Ragul, thanks if my thread made an impact. I still say its a great vehicle but i parted ways due to the increase in my backbone pains. Didnt want it to get worse. I dont drive on weekdays as well now and take a rick to work.
Live your dream with the Gypsy and enjoy it. I never had CFLs, but was contemplating over it for a long time. I got a 2001 OHC Vtec last november and thats my only car now.

Have fun and keep posting your updates.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:19   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici
i parted ways due to the increase in my backbone pains.... take a rick to work.
Seriously? Rick ride is better than the gypsy and the OHC that you also have?

Desmo, take a bus instead of the Rick if you got a back problem. Or take a cab.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 16:28   #232
BHPian

Thank you Raj !

Started from Mumbai to Jalgaon on Thusday morning. Had a heavy breakfast and started driving. All that bouncing around (because of that stiff suspension) resulted in me puking just when i touched nasik highway outside mumbai. All that heavy breakfast came out.

Anyway the rains came the ghats were awesome. Slowly the car started growing on me and i was enjoying the ride. I reached Jalgaon in the evening where i stayed with my would - be in -laws . The next day i started and did a non stop to vizag in about 22 hrs to vizag.

I bought this car for an application. Everybody does for that matter. I want to participate in RDH & DS and that is the application. The reason why i posted that raj should`nt have bought this is because he didn`t have a stand by car for his family. If you want to have a car like this you should first have a car which is your daily drive. Gypsies cannot be a daily drive. Its difficult for parents to get into the back and not to forget the horribly hard suspension

A special mention to Raj`s father Mr. Chandrasekharji. what a Gentle man, he kept all the papers ready and on the other hand my RTO agent did the rest of the stuff. I was ready to leave from mumbai the next day.

For me, the car is a pure hobby vehicle which will be used for RDH & Raid inshaallah. For Daily commuting, i have other rides.

The car is in vizag and now will be prepared for RDH.

Abbas.
Abbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 22:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update Abbas. Hope that apart from that one time throw up, you did not encounter any other issues during your travel. Drive Safe, Enjoy and keep us updated.

Dad says a big 'Thank You' to you. It was a clean and clear deal and he was very happy.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 4th July 2011, 17:11   #234
BHPian

Hello to all the Gypsy Owners:

I have started a new thread for preparing the car i bought from Raj for RDH.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...dh-2011-a.html

Need all your inputs.

Abbas.
Old 8th August 2011, 16:04   #235
BANNED

hi gsferrari where have u ordered the differnrtial locks for ur gypsy and what is the cost
g

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks