Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 16:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Patrol

Hi Guys,

This Nissan Patrol joined us a couple of times in Chennai, in 2005 and for TPC2007.

In its current avatar with the ARB Bumper & Winch, Diff-Locks and Suspension Lift and IIRC a TCIC she is a different beast, and Tanzeem handles her beautifully unlike her previous owners.

Regards,

Arka
Attached Thumbnails
Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0600.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0649.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0687.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0688.jpg  

Old 12th February 2010, 17:01   #17
BHPian

How much would 2000 model cost? I hope i can make that many $$$.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 12th February 2010 at 17:02.
Old 12th February 2010, 22:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
bumperless Scorpios - hahaha . that word was funny

BTW, sharath, this time one of the scorp had a custom made bumper

Attachment 286604

Attachment 286605
these scorpios look fab! kind of hummer like! i like it. hope mahindra sees this and gives this as an extreme off-roading package!

by the way what does it cost to modify the scorpio like this and where can this be done and also... after getting it done, how does it behave on tarmac road compared to earlier stcok one.
please do let me know. thanks.
Old 12th February 2010, 23:42   #19
BHPian

OT- ok guys.. if someone can throw light on this..

which one would be a better off-road luxury suv. the toyota landcruiser amazon, nissan patrol, range rover, hummer h2 or any other? if one would want to choose an absolute best luxurious offroader 4x4... what would be the one?

and about these nissan patrols.. are they still available and if yes at what cost? as i remember reading somewhere that the new patrols are made on monocoque chassis and not the conventional ladder on frame one... there by going the soft-roader way!
Old 13th February 2010, 11:39   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
While we are on the topic of Nissan Patrols, I thought I would add a few pics from when I took my Nissan Patrol (now sold) to the Palar River bed with the Chennai Jeepthrills crowd.
I am absolutely delighted to see luxo-SUV owners use their offroaders in the manner that they were built for. Would love to hear about your Patrol ownership + offroading experience, 4x4addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Tini, somehow your Patrol appears lot tamer compared to the Bangalore Patrol which looks lean and mean. Is it just the tyres and the lift?
Among other things, they are different gens. The one in the 1st post is the 5th, Tini's is the 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
She got scratches all over, on that shiny metallic blue shade.
Adds character

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
YES and YES GTO. I really liked the way he was careful to not damage the car and yet effortlessly handled most obstacles.
Clearly a pro. Not too many drivers clear obstacles, while preserving their vehicle too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
This Nissan Patrol joined us a couple of times in Chennai, in 2005 and for TPC2007.
Neat pics, looks like this Patrol is a regular on the circuit. The more I see it, the more I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
which one would be a better off-road luxury suv. the toyota landcruiser amazon, nissan patrol, range rover, hummer h2 or any other?
Best luxo-offroader : Landcruiser 80 series or the Patrol you see in this thread. The LC 80 has phenomenal after-market support for 4x4 mods too.

Quote:
if one would want to choose an absolute best luxurious offroader 4x4... what would be the one?
Landcruiser 100 series. Can offroad, but isn't the crawler that a 80 is.

Quote:
and about these nissan patrols.. are they still available and if yes at what cost?
I guess it's your lucky weekend : Link to Patrol on sale in Mumbai
Old 13th February 2010, 16:54   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Tini, somehow your Patrol appears lot tamer compared to the Bangalore Patrol which looks lean and mean. Is it just the tyres and the lift?
As GTO pointed, mine is the Y61 shape and the blue one is the Y60. The Y60 definitely looks more butch and purposeful with all square fenders etc.. With ARB bars, snorkel etc, it looks like awsome. The Y61 was rounded off and mine was 100% stock including the OEM bull bars. The only aftermarket stuff was the lights I added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am absolutely delighted to see luxo-SUV owners use their offroaders in the manner that they were built for. Would love to hear about your Patrol ownership + offroading experience, 4x4addict.
To be honest I was scared to take it to Palar for two reasons, first was, I was scared of the getting bogged down in wet sand, and second, didn't want any damages given the hazzle/cost of importing spares etc...

But anyway the day before, Arka called to ask if I was joining and I told him that I was concerned about bringing the patrol. He then asked me a simple and straightforward question "Then why did you buy it?" . And I showed up promptly in my patrol the next day.

I loved the patrol. It was rock solid at all speeds and despite it's size/mass it can hold it's own off-road. The biggggeeessst disadvantage in India is it's size. I sold it for two reasons. one is that the size is too much to handle in the city. I have parking for only three cars at my place in Chennai. The Santro AT couldn't be sold since my wife is using it, MY mm540, I cannot sell as I have already invested about 5 lakhs in it. The patrol had to go since I could not use it in the city at all and had to buy a more practical SUV. So I sold the patrol to pick up a Scorpio VLX 4WD. I am probably the only fool in this world who would do so . The second reason was that I wanted a comfy SUV for my long trips and vacations and when you driving an import and especially a 8 year old one, you always have some concern about being stranded if a minor issue props up and he part has to be imported. Atleast with home grown ones you know the nearest town will carry some spares. These are the only two reasons that I sold it. The funny thing was after I listed it people would call me to negotiate the price and if I was in the patrol when taking the call, I would never lower the price cause I enjoyed it so much. Finally the head won over the heart and the patrol is now gone.

Quote:

Best luxo-offroader : Landcruiser 80 series or the Patrol you see in this thread. The LC 80 has phenomenal after-market support for 4x4 mods too.

Landcruiser 100 series. Can offroad, but isn't the crawler that a 80 is.
If I am correct the Patrol is the only new luxury SUV that can be bought with Solid Axles/coil spring set up front and back. The latest LC have gone the mall cruiser route. Still very capable but too many luxury features and a price tag which will make you think a 100 times before going off-road.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:45   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would give anything to see such a timeless machine in action. Thanks for sharing!
Hey Rush, have you seen how a buffalo comes out after his mud bath? This one resembles that.

This was taken some time back with different tyres. Re-post since we're ogling.

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-patrol.jpg
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2010, 13:23   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
But anyway the day before, Arka called to ask if I was joining and I told him that I was concerned about bringing the patrol. He then asked me a simple and straightforward question "Then why did you buy it?" . And I showed up promptly in my patrol the next day.
Classic Arka, and kudos to you too for the spirit!

Quote:
The biggggeeessst disadvantage in India is it's size. I sold it for two reasons. one is that the size is too much to handle in the city.
I am the diametric opposite. Bigger the car, the better!

Quote:
The patrol had to go since I could not use it in the city at all and had to buy a more practical SUV. So I sold the patrol to pick up a Scorpio VLX 4WD.
You sold the Patrol for a Scorpio? But I see you had your reasons.

Quote:
The latest LC have gone the mall cruiser route. Still very capable but too many luxury features and a price tag which will make you think a 100 times before going off-road.
So true. With each successive generation, the LC is becoming less of a crawler. The 80 was A+, the 100 went softer and the 200, as you posted, has gone down the mall cruiser route. Allan (extreme_power on the forum) has 4 Landcruiser 80s....I've seen two and they looked like they were just driven out of the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Hey Rush, have you seen how a buffalo comes out after his mud bath? This one resembles that.
Mindblowing shot, Rudra. Caught at just the right time. Why isn't the owner of this Patrol on Team-BHP? Someone bring him onboard.
Old 15th February 2010, 00:34   #24
BHPian

i might add to this by some pics i just took yesterday of my patrol which i bought and restored replacing my pajero..that 4 pot turbo motor was just not me! oops pics not uploading due to size.. will resize and try..
as jeremy clarkson once quoted the patrol saying its a COCKROACH.. climbs anything and everything!!
Old 15th February 2010, 10:03   #25
BHPian

Some more pictures of the beast in action at Escape to Nature, Somwarpet.
Attached Thumbnails
Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-000_0027.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_3972.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4070.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4071.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4072.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4117.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4118.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4119.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4130.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4131.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4132.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4133.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4134.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_4168.jpg  

darshan.ckm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2010, 10:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great machine with awesome looks in the hands of a capable driver who knows how to manage this hulk!
Old 15th February 2010, 11:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Absolute beast...

Quote:
How much would 2000 model cost? I hope i can make that many $$$.
In case you are interested in one
eBay India: 4X4 NISSAN PATROL RUGGED SUV FOR SALE (item 270519893395 end time 22-Feb-2010 19:32:24 IST)
Old 27th February 2010, 14:49   #28
BHPian

thats extreme off roading, brilliant. let me show my patrols off! i am now officially rescuing restoring and reselling pre owned patrols! going to arrange a off road event this monsoon in our tea estate, need help making a terrain/track.
just found the gold one, will be restoring and finding her a new home!

is the owner of the lifted patrol on the forums what is his username? i need to speak to him.. pls email me asadmoyeen@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-img_4779.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-img_4617.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-img_4184.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-img_4390.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-img_4755.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th March 2010 at 14:08.
chargerman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2010, 09:02   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

More pictures of the Blue Nissan Patrol & another White one. These are from the Munzerabad OTR in 2009

All pictures courtesy abaan10

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0160.jpg

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0184.jpg

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0574.jpg

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0623.jpg

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0205.jpg

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-dsc_0664.jpg
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2010, 13:01   #30
BHPian

nissan patrol by team fs

hey guys ... heres an addition for all the nissan patrols in india.... and a fortuner getting ready follow the monster..... cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-image050.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-image027.jpg  

Off roading pics: Nissan Patrol-image043.jpg  

Most Viewed