Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:36   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Jaggu, Any change of plans? (A shortened wheel base, petrol engined crawler)
Swalpa wait maadi, am still working on the final configuration and its not shortened wheel base, its chopped off - overhangs.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Congrats on your King, livewire.

I have also bought a used Gypsy King and I am also looking to install Tyre upgrade, AC, Music System, heat insulation and CFLs (in that order). I bought rear sofa from Mayapuri and it's strictly OK; I am still looking for ways to install Innova third row seats in the rear.

Nitin
I am interested in seeing your present seating configuration. can u post some pics. do u mean to say that you are thinking of adding a 3rd row of front facing seats ? woud be interested to know what and how u r thinking about doing this ?

regards,
Abheek
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
I am interested in seeing your present seating configuration. can u post some pics. do u mean to say that you are thinking of adding a 3rd row of front facing seats ? woud be interested to know what and how u r thinking about doing this ?

regards,
Abheek
No sir; no third row :-) I had fitted Cielo seats in the front; and a custom made, front-facing sofa for the rear.

What I meant to say that I want to replace this custom-made seat with Innova third row seat. That is much more comfortable.

\N
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

@ntomer
Why don't you go for ASIN make. they are easily available in Mayapuri

Also any specific reason for chosing Yoko's over BF's???
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
@ntomer
Why don't you go for ASIN make. they are easily available in Mayapuri

Also any specific reason for chosing Yoko's over BF's???
The aisin ones, which are available in Mayapuri are from pre-1999 Gypsies, when it was needed to manually lock the hubs.

I don't want a used part for such an important function, that's why opting for a new Lamda. A new Aisin (from MGP) is very expensive compared to Lamda.

I am not much into off-roading. My Gypsies is mainly going to be used for mountain/desert drives; and ride comfort is a big deciding factor. And I believe Yokos are better in comfort than BFs; that's why going for Yokos.

cheers

Nitin
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
The aisin ones, which are available in Mayapuri are from pre-1999 Gypsies, when it was needed to manually lock the hubs.

I don't want a used part for such an important function, that's why opting for a new Lamda. A new Aisin (from MGP) is very expensive compared to Lamda.
But you see even the Lambda ones will have to be locked from outside, manually. I believe that the auto locking ones will be very expensive and I personally visited Rajasthan Auto in Kashmiri gate, the ones that they sell for 2.7k are the manual lockable hubs!!! Please update with picture when you procure the hubs

Quote:
I am not much into off-roading. My Gypsies is mainly going to be used for mountain/desert drives; and ride comfort is a big deciding factor. And I believe Yokos are better in comfort than BFs; that's why going for Yokos.

cheers

Nitin
Agreed the Yokos are good for on road performance and the BF's for more of off-roading. Also please refer to Anirban's post on another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post1761906 with regard to experience of his friends with Yokos!!!
The only issue with BF's in my opinion is the breaking on road, one has to calculate that. But still buddy, to each his own, Yokos too are great tyres, I purely went for BF's as a friend of mine has been using them on his gypsy for almost 60-70k kms, done couple of Raid and Desert Storm each not to mention the countless trips he makes to the mountains on these tyres and the best part is the tyres still have life left in them.
Cheers
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
But you see even the Lambda ones will have to be locked from outside, manually. I believe that the auto locking ones will be very expensive and I personally visited Rajasthan Auto in Kashmiri gate, the ones that they sell for 2.7k are the manual lockable hubs!!! Please update with picture when you procure the hubs
I know they will have to be locked manually. What I meant to say was that the Lamda ones bought from Kashmiri gate will be new, whereas the Aisin ones from Mayapuri will be used; that too fairly old (from pre-1999 Gypsies).

Quote:
Agreed the Yokos are good for on road performance and the BF's for more of off-roading. Also please refer to Anirban's post on another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post1761906 with regard to experience of his friends with Yokos!!!
The only issue with BF's in my opinion is the breaking on road, one has to calculate that. But still buddy, to each his own, Yokos too are great tyres, I purely went for BF's as a friend of mine has been using them on his gypsy for almost 60-70k kms, done couple of Raid and Desert Storm each not to mention the countless trips he makes to the mountains on these tyres and the best part is the tyres still have life left in them.
Cheers
Hmmm... How much did you pay Goodrich? And from where you bought them?

cheers

Nitin
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Bold decision buddy. Were you inspired by fellow new gypsy members or you had it in mind to restore one.

On road price? Booking history etc?

As said BFG will does the job well.
Toss a sand bag at the back for time being to improve the ride quality.

All the best.
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Soon to be Gypsy owner myself!

I am also planning for the BFG tires and OEM AC fitting (costs 44k for the parts and 2k labor).

Not planning on CFL at the rear until I am back from my Leh trip this summer. I will be going in September btw with a friend in another Gypsy. The time between now and then will be spent preparing the vehicle and practicing on OTRs over the weekends.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:59   #25
BHPian

Still waiting for those pics buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
Old 5th March 2010, 10:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Still waiting for those pics buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
And we are still waiting for your AC install pics :-))

Please post the pics, especially the condenser's; I am not able to visualize how did you place it below the vehicle.

\N
Old 5th March 2010, 11:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Congratulations! Soon to be Gypsy owner myself!

I am also planning for the BFG tires and OEM AC fitting (costs 44k for the parts and 2k labor).

Not planning on CFL at the rear until I am back from my Leh trip this summer. I will be going in September btw with a friend in another Gypsy. The time between now and then will be spent preparing the vehicle and practicing on OTRs over the weekends.
BFG tires are little hard compound and as it becomes older, becomes brittle and gives bumpy ride. So was Appolo Storm tyres.

Yokos are comparitively soft compound and have long life. On highways, it is perfect as it doesn't give humming. On offroading, better grip and traction.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
BFG tires are little hard compound and as it becomes older, becomes brittle and gives bumpy ride. So was Appolo Storm tyres.

Yokos are comparitively soft compound and have long life. On highways, it is perfect as it doesn't give humming. On offroading, better grip and traction.
I read a post from someone on side-wall punctures/gashes on the Yokos and hence my shift to the BFGs. Road manners are important no doubt. I'll await more feedback.
Old 6th March 2010, 15:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Congrats Livewire.
I am trying my luck for red color and don't know when it will materialize. I have only 2 options either take a delivery of white BSIII Gypsy or wait for a Red BSIV(don't know that they are doing with it)
Amar82 - I checked with the dealer for a 'coloured' option and they were totally non-committal on the delivery time. it ranged from 3 weeks to an obscene 3 months.White is available off the shelf. I got mine in 2 days flat. Getting it custom painted (altho everyone makes way for a 'white' gypsy ). The BS IV story is even more scary. They have a verion planned (as per guys at maruti) but when is the golden question. So come 1st april u do not know how long one will have to wait for the BS IV version. Also, no new engine- just minor tweaks (probabaly run down the pwer a lil bit). All the best for you purchase. Lemme know if you need any help.
Old 6th March 2010, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Congrats on your gypsy!!!
And trust me - you will fall in love with the white. I have a white gypsy too and the respect I get on the road from cops and other motorists alike is addictive.
Cheers
GB
Touch`e. Have been experiencing it - heh he

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks