Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 23:04   #316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Slightly OT: I thought the Dwarf was being put on sale for a fast car in the garage and thought of contacting you. Damn, doesn't look like
Yup he is up for sale for Indian Rupees 4,49,999/- only. Non-negotiable limited time offer interested?

Fast car is not for old me he he
Old 25th May 2010, 23:24   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yup he is up for sale for Indian Rupees 4,49,999/- only. Non-negotiable limited time offer interested?
Is 4 year off road/ on road, business /non-business day without any loop holes warranty also included in this. If not, then " Pagal Kutte ne Nahi Kata"

After all BD Sir will give a vehicle in which you'll be able to change chassis/ engine/brake and every other system under warranty

Last edited by MileCruncher : 25th May 2010 at 23:27.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:36   #318
Team-BHP Support

Well you yourself figured the reason out, why i put the price tag.

The one with warranty thing, you wont be even able to tighten a single nut without breaking the warranty or using a scanner. For that i have my Swift!

It's just a jeep thing! buwahahaha
Old 26th May 2010, 14:19   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

After all BD Sir will give a vehicle in which you'll be able to change chassis/ engine/brake and every other system under warranty
As long as you do the 2km on pure tarmac home-to-office run every day and nothing else...
Old 6th July 2010, 11:43   #320
Team-BHP Support

Some more work happened over the last few weeks, Diesel_Maniac helped me procure the original connecting rod bearings and the new type radiator hoses. Raju did a good job in fixing them up and cleaned the oil pump as well as set the distributor. Now the engine has become one step more silent and is barely audible at idle.

Tow bar which Viji made also have been fitted, just in case

The jeep drives well and i also feel at peace with DwArF. Engine temp has never crossed 60 deg mark, but then again temperature in BLR also has come down. So will have to wait for some proper hot weather testing.

So finally DwArF is ready for some action and how about FE testing lol. Will update some pictures with tow bar and all soon.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:22   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
First the stock NDMS, either i need to get a pressure gauge and pump so that i can deflate the tires OR get better tires.
Jaggu,

You can get a good compressor pump and the coiled hose of 4 mts for about AED 500.00 (Rs. 6,000.00). Bushmaster is a good brand you can count on.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 6th July 2010, 22:21   #322
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Ram, i have heard the same and seen one specimen in action and i was impressed. But i think eventually a tyre upgrade is the right choice for the jeep, esp with the city and rain driving involved in a place like BLR.
Old 25th July 2010, 10:26   #323
Team-BHP Support

The daaaaayers!

So i decided to start my experiment with tyres. Swastik Viji offered me the Trepadors on Gypsy rims, and i couldn't say no. Have got them fitted yesterday and the difference is apparent. CJ3B suddenly has started to handle better lol. Braking also has tremendously improved. Somehow i feel the overall gearing is also spot on now.

I didn't get time to check air pressure, which i will do today and finally having deposited the NDMS in my parking, will be able to comment further on the ride.

Only gripe i can't do full cuts with steering, at the very extreme end of the turn the front inner part fouls with the spring. Since this is on loan tyres being extra careful with this.

So DwArF on new shoes and tow bar installed
Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.-img_2409.jpg

And this is Max who has become very possesive about DwArF these days.
Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.-img_2410.jpg
Old 25th July 2010, 10:42   #324
Senior - BHPian

DwArF looks superb! Only to be upstaged by Max. Is that Tow Bar a permanent fixture?
Old 25th July 2010, 11:01   #325
Team-BHP Support

Am keeping it as a permanent fixture, but can be removed if you have patience to remove 4 bolts
Old 25th July 2010, 11:51   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Very erect tow-bar ! Take a pic of Max standing on the hood of the Jeep.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:36   #327
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jaggu, your Jeep looks wonderful...may be you should look at sticking by this tyre set up if it works well for you! Tow bar looks great too...
Old 25th July 2010, 13:25   #328
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu,
A very neat 3B. Tyres look good but I feel 16" would contribute those precious inches required in GC which can be very useful for off roading.
Regards,
Old 25th July 2010, 14:38   #329
BHPian

Great!!

Great Looking Jeep Jaggu!!!!

I like the over all package very much. Tyre look real macho. Excellent choice of Color. Which is this color Shade? Matt finish is really cool.

Pls let me know.

Regards,

Tarkesh
Old 25th July 2010, 21:25   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Very erect tow-bar ! Take a pic of Max standing on the hood of the Jeep.
Carrying him on to the hood, well i will need your gym biceps help for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hey Jaggu, your Jeep looks wonderful...may be you should look at sticking by this tyre set up if it works well for you! Tow bar looks great too...
I want to do some proper off road tests now, on road A+. Ask Khan and how CJ3B stops now!

As far as i know this tyre, it won't disappoint on OTR's. I have seen em and on CJ3B they should do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Jaggu,
A very neat 3B. Tyres look good but I feel 16" would contribute those precious inches required in GC which can be very useful for off roading.
Regards,
I will be measuring the GC at diff and other vulnerable spots, side to side if found 6x16 NDMS shorter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Which is this color Shade? Matt finish is really cool.
Yup its from 2K paint card, called Toyota brown. I went mat finish and the outcome is this. This is el cheapo paint job which was done for the RTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks