Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 16:34   #331
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu - the first pic, I dont have words for it! Dont know what it is about your jeep, it looks stunning!! The colour is just perfect for it, and the new wheels look sick Your el cheapo paint selection has had a killer outcome!!
Old 26th July 2010, 18:38   #332
Team-BHP Support

Wow, simply love the new looks with the mud tyres. Will you be able to go back to NDMS now?
Old 26th July 2010, 21:13   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Jaggu - the first pic, I dont have words for it! Dont know what it is about your jeep, it looks stunning!! The colour is just perfect for it, and the new wheels look sick Your el cheapo paint selection has had a killer outcome!!
Thank you and what do you mean by new wheels looking sick???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Will you be able to go back to NDMS now?
It will be a torture for sure, i wish Viji forgets about these tyres
Old 27th July 2010, 08:13   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thank you and what do you mean by new wheels looking sick???

It will be a torture for sure, i wish Viji forgets about these tyres
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow, simply love the new looks with the mud tyres. Will you be able to go back to NDMS now?
He doesnt have a darn choice. I am next in line for "trialing" those tyres. Jakku, your nights of masquerading @ Empire with DwArf are coming to an end...
Old 27th July 2010, 10:28   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
He doesnt have a darn choice. I am next in line for "trialing" those tyres. Jakku, your nights of masquerading @ Empire with DwArf are coming to an end...
Yeah right! next year i suppose when your jeep comes out of Raju's
Old 27th July 2010, 15:02   #336
BHPian

Your CJ3B looks excellent, the color combination of the top and body goes very well

Cheers
Old 27th July 2010, 23:20   #337
BANNED

Jaggu you got a wonderful jeep and a very obedient dog

The tyres look cool
Old 29th July 2010, 16:32   #338
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jaggu
Your CJ3B 'DwArF' has come out awesome!!! Really like the color of choice too. I am in the process of a restoration of a LHD CJ3B and am getting ideas for the color choice.
ALso your experience from the start till now is really something to learn from. I have actually bookmarked specific posts from your thread for future references. Further I really admire you getting your hands dirty for DIY's like the carb cleansing, setting the timing of the Hurricane, etc. I wish that someday if I am able to do maybe 10-20% of what you have done I would consider myself lucky. Keep on good work!!!

Can you please share what are the specification of the Maxxis Trepadors? And as you said that on full turn they scrape the sides, do you think that maybe puting -ve offset rims will solve the problem.
Cheers
Old 29th July 2010, 19:44   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Can you please share what are the specification of the Maxxis Trepadors? And as you said that on full turn they scrape the sides, do you think that maybe puting -ve offset rims will solve the problem.
Cheers
Harjeev,
I was adviced by Arka and went for it without a second thought. I am more than happy I did.

MM550 diffs on a CJ-3B, expensive compared to offset rims, but there is no parallel to it. full details on:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-should-i.html

Regards,
Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.-img_7360.jpg
Old 30th July 2010, 11:14   #340
Team-BHP Support

DwArF goes Automatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
Your CJ3B looks excellent, the color combination of the top and body goes very well

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Jaggu you got a wonderful jeep and a very obedient dog

The tyres look cool
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Cheers
Thanks Harjeev these are 235/75/15 tyres and there is an easier way to avoid scrapping. It was touching only when i was trying to do a full forced lock, so Viji pointed me to 2 stopper nuts if adjusted will prevent this from happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
MM550 diffs on a CJ-3B, expensive compared to offset rims, but there is no parallel to it. full details on:
Yup one day!

Update:

Basking in the glory of all the praises, DwArF and i start to office today morning. I take an inside road to avoid traffic at HSR, cross a road bump and muwahahahah no clutch!!! DwArF has decided he will drive like an autobox.

Pedal was lost, and i cant de-clutch. Am in a hurry to office, so decide to start him in gear and turn around. 1st gear, Reverse gear- two times and then its time to start in 1st and putter home. Thankfully all the crossings were smooth and i drive and park him inside.

I call up Raju (DwArF's mech) to confirm if it had link's or cable? coz i dont recollect the same. After a pause he confirms there is a cable bit and either it has slipped or snapped. I will check today evening if its a DIY, if not Raju can come and pick DwArF tomorrow morning.

Well, its a Jeep Thing!
Old 1st August 2010, 22:16   #341
Team-BHP Support

And it was a lousy split pin that came off! Star_Aqua and Prabhuav were there and we went to a local garage at night, picked up some split pins and voila clutch pedal is back! It was a circus to access the pedal links though

Did a 200 plus kms of drive over the weekend and she performed well, chucked the 130 jets out and in goes 140, 130 is really inadequate, just like Behram mentioned earlier! Anyways with 130's i guess i was getting around 8-9 kmpl on this trip

Gave a nice wash and greased up and now DwArF is puttering around smoothly. Need to spray some WD40 at the butterfly shaft, coz sometimes it doesn't completely shut off leaving the RPM at around 1000 (after the wash phenomenon). Tap and release helps to release this.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:14   #342
Team-BHP Support

Update time!!

Oh wow its been more than 4 months? Well reason being he ran without any major hiccups. Now you understand why jeep's go to garage? Well thats what makes them interesting.

So in between i got bugged with not being able to do longer trips on DwArF and started this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-page-9-a.html Which also came to an abrupt end as soon as the Thar TD report happened.

Anyways it was pretty much decided that DwArF is going to stay with me, so i decided to make him better. Major pain area is the rattle's (that roof bars held with split pins!!) and that tranny grind. This time Prabhu introduced me to a ol timer, who is more of a restorer. He takes his sweet time to do things but has that much needed eye for detail. So last week i have left DwArF with him, with a long list of small small irritants. Estimated time was 10-12 days i think it will be more like 20. Hope i get him back before Annual OTR

I used to maintain an excel and i have taken a print and shared it with him. It kinda goes like this:

- Front floor area patch
- Provision for LED on floor
- Complete floor inside / outside 3M coating
- Complete Gear box/Transfer case overhaul
- Differential, propeller shaft check / service
- Gear and diff oil change (Shell Spirax 85/140)
- Complete engine tune up, tighten head bolts, set tappet
- Air filter? (new paper type)
- Reset leaf springs
- Check / service steering parts
- New steering
- Brake overhaul
- Alternator clamp refix
- Earth wires engine to chassis
- Refix coolant tank and new coolant
- Check all body / engine / Gear box mounts
- Fix wiper, wiper blades
- Service / fix electric fuel pump
- Fix roof bars
- Accelerator pedal refit to actuate fully
- Bucket seats?
Old 6th January 2011, 12:51   #343
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update time!!

Quote:
...Major pain area is ....that tranny grind. This time Prabhu introduced me to a ol timer, who is more of a restorer.
Hey, didnt you get your GB worked at Raju's. for the same issue?..!! I am asking coz I got mine too Overhauled with Raju and it still grinds at 4th in low RPMs, very irritating.

This new cheta of Prabu has a painstaking 'eye-2-detail' which may afterall be needed for a recurring problem.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:59   #344
Team-BHP Support

Re: Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.

It is not the GB that is making the sound, i think its the transfer case that is the culprit and hence taking it apart again. If you remember i was not so happy with the counter wheel wear which Raju refused to replace last time around, that also needs to be checked and then the leak which sprang few weeks back. Leak might be a minor stuff related to gear lever top getting lose. Anyways am gonna fix it this time, no matter what.
Old 6th January 2011, 20:25   #345
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update time!!

Quote:
Oh wow its been more than 4 months? Well reason being he ran without any major hiccups. Now you understand why jeep's go to garage? Well thats what makes them interesting.

I used to maintain an excel and i have taken a print and shared it with him. It kinda goes like this:

- Front floor area patch
- Provision for LED on floor
- Complete floor inside / outside 3M coating
Jaggu bro,

- Provision for LED on floor - What is this? Sounds interesting. can you please elaborate?

- Front floor area patch - Elaborate on this one too please?

I believe the last two points, I can think of, once I get the Hulk a new coat of paint.

Anyways, Jaggu, The Hulk reached the garage today. Got the radiator checked, the flow was normal so water pump malfunction ruled out. The water/coolant level was right up, so engine may after all be not really heating up.

There is nothing between the engine and the tub - so probably the heat was showing up inside the cabin floor. Mechanic suggested that I could change the original metal 4 blade fan to a newer plastic/fibre 5 blade one, which I refused.

Temp gauge would be checked. Radiator unit will be moved back by a couple of inches and secured by using wooden spacers and longer bolts - Experts to advise if this a good thing to do?

May have to reach out to some car cushion maker to have a thermocol layer fixed between the engine and the tub. - Experts again to advise if this is a good idea and if anybody has got it done and where is a good place to get this done.

Last but not the least - Apologies to Jaggu for once again hijacking the thread.

Regards,
Shub

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks