Old 4th May 2010, 19:15   #256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Jaggu you forgot our LED light idea?
That was supposed to be a secret my dear!! Points will be provided for the same
Old 5th May 2010, 09:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu - sorry for the early morning SMS. Happened to hitch a ride for 30 meters in the DwArF when I met Raju today morning @ 8. 1st time in it - it sounded great, and Jeep looked fantastic... The idling was smooth, starting was crisp. Cant wait to see more of it. I had to rush back home for office.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:47   #258
Team-BHP Support

Oops Santhosh i think your SMS didnt reach me

But thanks and yes i have told Raju not to touch any carb settings. It took me close to 2 hours to clean up and set her up proper. This is only one half of tuning which was completed, the other part (ignition system), i should be able to fix by this weekend and then she should really purrrrrr
Old 5th May 2010, 20:43   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Jaggu you forgot our LED light idea?
Boss yeh kay hai?? Spill the beans Spill the beans!!
Old 6th May 2010, 12:05   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Boss yeh kay hai?? Spill the beans Spill the beans!!
Gogi we are just playing with some ideas in our head for some puddle lights, thats all
Old 7th May 2010, 14:45   #261
Team-BHP Support

Wiring work is going on and half completed already. I have decided to move the amp meter and oil pressure to the facia in front of the steering instead of letting it hang in the middle. Changing all the meters since the speedo and ampere gauge is already acting up.

Made a small change to the wiring, hazard will be by separate push switch with integrated warning light on dash, and the black outs will be connected through the main switch.

Gear box and transfer were removed, and gearbox had lot of metal particles floating around. The synchronizer ring is busted and will be replaced. Similarly mech is going through each part, including all the bearings inside the box and the transfer and replacing any part that is busted. A complete clean up and then assemble the box. I don't want to take any chance with this and then land up with another removal exercise.

Clutch is new and is in good condition, only the play needs to be set.

Some delays from the electrician side has pushed the delivery to next week. As usual no point in hurrying with the work.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:38   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Some delays from the electrician side has pushed the delivery to next week. As usual no point in hurrying with the work.
Can you also post an update of my jeep since you are already there
Old 7th May 2010, 20:41   #263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can you also post an update of my jeep since you are already there
You should have told me earlier, well it was parked at the same place as it was when i visited on Tuesday You stay a km away from the place, you should be going there daily and updating us who stay in far away lands
Old 7th May 2010, 21:54   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You should have told me earlier, well it was parked at the same place as it was when i visited on Tuesday You stay a km away from the place, you should be going there daily and updating us who stay in far away lands
Going there in the morning @ 9 AM...will bring the update with me to JC road............
Old 10th May 2010, 11:42   #265
Team-BHP Support

So few of us went shopping on JC Road, picked up Lucas coil with resistors, plug wires, a Dwell angle meter, Timing gun and some LED's Tuning has become easier now on.

Meanwhile wiring work is progressing at a snails pace and i should have the vehicle ready by middle of the week. Hopefully the overhauled gearbox will work without any tantrums. Planning to start some trial runs especially some long runs to ensure everything is working fine. Maybe start off with a Nanid hill climb to test the cooling circuit first.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:55   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So few of us went shopping on JC Road, picked up Lucas coil with resistors, plug wires, a Dwell angle meter, Timing gun and some LED's Tuning has become easier now on.
Can you share the costs of Dwell angle meter and Timing gun. I am planning to buy them for my Fiats!
Old 10th May 2010, 12:00   #267
Team-BHP Support

I don't remember the exact split up but total bill came to around 1750 or 1800. If you don't mind coming down to silk board side, you can always make use of the stuff i bought for free
Old 10th May 2010, 12:04   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...and some LED's ....
I have a idea for a long time - LED's may be the answer. How do these LED's look? Do they come in strips, with 2 wire outlet for power? Are they powered by 12V?

My friends CJ (the politician used one), had a interesting setup beneath the tub - it had tubelights (12v, like the town bus ones) fitted below for a full GLOW effect in the night (while campainging)...

I picked up this idea for Night OTR's for ease in spotting... How expensive are these LED's? May be worth it to line up the bottom below before a night OTR
Old 10th May 2010, 14:14   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind coming down to silk board side, you can always make use of the stuff i bought for free
Thanks Jaggu. Now we Fiat Club guys know where to go to fine tune our cars.

Last edited by arun1100 : 10th May 2010 at 14:23.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:58   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I have a idea for a long time - LED's may be the answer. How do these LED's look? Do they come in strips, with 2 wire outlet for power? Are they powered by 12V?

Wait for few more days and you can check it out. LED's many options and colors are available and yes some of them can be directly rigged to the 12V supply like the ones i picked up. Mine costed 175 for each and i have 8 of them

Strip is available around 1400 for 5 meters though they are not as powerful as the ones i picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Thanks Jaggu. Now we Fiat Club guys know where to go to fine tune our cars.
Sure no probs. Ensure you have the pulley markings and reference points present or cleaned up. For this you will need to find someone with a dial gauge set up, ie if the marks are missing.

Most Viewed