Team-BHP - decided not to kill my donor vitara
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   decided not to kill my donor vitara (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/78083-decided-not-kill-my-donor-vitara.html)

i had bought a vitara a few years ago but never even inspected it thoroughly and it was lying in our factory compound for about a year. this car was bought for its engine, ac and gearbox which i had planned to use to upgrade my gypsy! only reason being this was a Left hand drive vit! but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a real gem! its the only 3 door swb convertible vitara in the country so has its charm! i went to retrieve it, cleaned it up and serviced the carb, changed plugs and oil and she started instantly!! been driving it around now, air con recharged and cleaned up shes a beauty to drive, lovely car, great acceleration and excellent 4x4! i am used to my charger being LHD so this is no big deal! gonna clean it up now!!!

Gypsy hardtop back on for the rains!

Whoa! I for one would never have the heart to salvage this beauty! Specs please?

oh wow.. the car is a looker, with some touch up, I am sure you will be having a good 4x4, I am still waiting for the spec. Especially the FE part, I am guesssing that would be only sad news in this one..

its a 1993 UAE spec 1.8 L 5 speed manual,JLX Carb engined pocket rocket! power windows, central locking, power steering, tinted glass, chrome wheels etc.

as for mileage, the damn thing is CNG converted and does about 70 km in 160 takas! will be soon paint it and change to AT tires

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Chargeman, this is one helluva vehicle and I've been dying to own one. Lying over a year in your factory, Man!! I am amazed at this feat of yours.

I'm glad you have realized the worth of this beauty and are working on springing it back to where it should have rightfully belonged.

People in India would give an arm and leg for such a vehicle. Ofcourse with a diesel engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargerman (Post 1800048)
as for mileage, the damn thing is CNG converted and does about 70 km in 160 takas! will be soon paint it and change to AT tires

nice!! im gald you did'nt scrap it. Are you planning on converting it back to a pure petrol ? I dont think that mileage should be a problem with you, since you drive a charger too :D

Vitara looks cool, i never knew anything about some S
UV named Vitara.
I was not able to find its spec on net also so would love to hear it from you

could you post some pictures of the engine bay and the interiors?
just want to have a look at the positioning of the gear lever and the transfer case lever.

Wise decision. I'm sure junta spends hours and hours trying to get that length on their gypsies cutting all those over hangs! This one looks so short & tight!

will take some pics of the interior and engine bay and upload..let the cleaning be done...

Good decision indeed!
What else is planned on the Vitara?

freshen it up, new paint, new Geolandars, A bar with Hellas! change and flush all fluids etc... drive it, dirty it and wash it again!
heres a pic of my 96 patrol, mighty 4200cc diesel, soon to be turbo! my fav.

Nice Pics Man,

is this vehicle a "Dhaka" (Bangladesh) Registered vehicle ?

Yup all my cars are Dhaka registered. Can u read bengali?