Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 00:08   #31
BHPian

Hats off to you man, what a machine. I liked the blue Gypsy too, I guess I have seen that car in Navi Mumbai.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey allan nice disco is she diesel and what about the blue one she diesel or are they both petrol?
Old 14th April 2010, 15:50   #33
BHPian

Good Job Allan. You vehicle work is very clean I must say.

So when can i send my gyspy??
Old 14th April 2010, 16:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
oh boy. Nevermind the petrolheads, I'm drooling. What a stunning Land Rover.
ONE ON THE WAY FOR YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Allan, this vehicle has been truly transformed from what it was to what it is now. Must say a great list of mods & of very good quality/finish. It also feels nice that such mods are being done in India now and we have access to such high quality workmanship.

Do share the details of the mechanical mods done, so that we have an enriching discussion.

A Question: I see polyurethane wheel fenders. Are they made by you or sourced? Need details...
BUDDY,
I SOURCE THESE FROM BRITPART, ME BEING THEIR DEALER IN INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
@Allan-I guess you have got all the kudos you deserve and I can only add to them.The paint job is simply fabulous and the headlights give the car a totally new look.Is the headlight self fabricated or have you sourced it from any of the recent Land Rover models?
The legendary badge is missing now bro!
Congrats
ON THE WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Am a novice here and have been hooked to the 4x4s and all those crazy things it can do. Amazing transformation to that monster I must say. Can you please tell me what is that black box between those two headlamps on the bumper ? Is it some kind of a relay for the headlights ?
Old 14th April 2010, 16:58   #35
BHPian

Great Stuff Allan! Like your work I have seen most of the builds you have posted on tbhp,seriously neat stuff. If i ever get myself a 4X4, will hand it over to you for making it Bad

All you now need is a cool webpage & go full on commercial!

Cheers!

P.S- love the wheels on all your mods

Last edited by Dippy : 26th April 2010 at 10:01. Reason: Avoid using excessive dots in your posts.
Old 14th April 2010, 19:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
ONE ON THE WAY FOR YOU

BUDDY,
I SOURCE THESE FROM BRITPART, ME BEING THEIR DEALER IN INDIA

ON THE WAY

Allan I asked you a question if both disco's are diesel or petrol. Would appreciate info
Old 14th April 2010, 23:43   #37
BHPian

xtreme power awesome transformation! I'm totally digging the matte color finish, seems like matte finish is the next big thing... i saw couple of rides at the ny autoshow that were black matte and looked really wicked!
Old 15th April 2010, 20:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
oh boy. Nevermind the petrolheads, I'm drooling. What a stunning Land Rover.
ONE ON THE WAY FOR YOU
Eh? You doing up Sam's discovery too?
Old 16th April 2010, 01:03   #39
BHPian

what a difference ??? Great work done on the rover.
Old 16th April 2010, 12:23   #40
BHPian

Allan great job, the colour is just too good to believe. what makes me say that is you got to see it in real to believe it the finish is FANTABULOUS!!!! .One awasome build. All of Allans builds i have seen till date have really suprised me because the final fit and finish is always mind blowing just waiting to see what he is going to do with the scorpio.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:08   #41
BHPian

hes running a diesel 14b dcm toyota engine
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
hes running a diesel 14b dcm toyota engine
Buddy was this swapping done recently if so how do you get it endorsed on RC book as i am faced with option of doing the same but not able to figure what is possible and what is not so some input or reference would help. Do you have any RTO guy who could help with this? thx
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:35   #43
BHPian

I happened to see this beauty up close last week and have driven it before. This is some piece of work and pictures are nothing compared to the real thing. The paint job is a one off and Allan's work with external roll cages is quite outstanding not just in this discovery but all other vehicles I have seen him do.
Old 24th April 2010, 12:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

zipperone how does she drive with the DCM pick up engine is it the Turbo intercooled one as those are more powerful and can really lug the Disco well but in non turbo Indian version initial takeoff acceleration not great. I also was curious about the engine swap form RC book point of view as I am interested in doing the same. Some idea on how this DCM landi package works and the RTO process would be helpful . thx
Old 15th May 2010, 13:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
zipperone how does she drive with the DCM pick up engine is it the Turbo intercooled one as those are more powerful and can really lug the Disco well but in non turbo Indian version initial takeoff acceleration not great. I also was curious about the engine swap form RC book point of view as I am interested in doing the same. Some idea on how this DCM landi package works and the RTO process would be helpful . thx
The DMC works very well and I have tried two cars that Allan has done with the DCM engine. The other was a Defender 90. We went off roading in the 90 and I was quite impressed with the torque at hand. Th DCM is obviously not refined and as quiet as some of the modern diesels but it provides torque when you need it. Allan gets the engines overhauled himself and adds the Turbo. he as been running the DCM in the Defender 90 for a number of years without issue.

Perhaps Allan can elaborate on the performance further

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks